Defiant and Broadway Reading Orders

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

1st Among Equals
Defiant and Broadway Reading Orders

Post by 1st Among Equals »

Looking to bind my runs of Defiant and Broadway books and was wondering if there is any reading order for these books out there? :?

Thanks for any help.

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
Re: Defiant and Broadway Reading Orders

Post by StarBrand »

http://www.theshareduniverse.com/2013/1 ... ing-order/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(via Defiant1's board)
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

StarBrand wrote:http://www.theshareduniverse.com/2013/1 ... ing-order/

(via Defiant1's board)
Thanks for posting this link. I recently dug out a bunch of old Defiants, and am going to give this reading order a go.

Such a shame Defiant had to go. If there was a Dead Universe I'd vote for a VEI style resurrection, Defiant would be it.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Yeah, I wonder if there's any chance we'll ever see Defiant stuff in print again.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

StarBrand wrote:Yeah, I wonder if there's any chance we'll ever see Defiant stuff in print again.
If Valiant, Chaos, CGW, New Universe, Impact/Red/Dark Circle, Crossgen, Gold Key, Atlas, along with various lincenced properties, pulp heroes, public domain and various cult-classic creator owned characters, I see no reason why Defiant and Broadway can't be revived by some one some day.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Cyberstrike wrote:
StarBrand wrote:Yeah, I wonder if there's any chance we'll ever see Defiant stuff in print again.
If Valiant, Chaos, CGW, New Universe, Impact/Red/Dark Circle, Crossgen, Gold Key, Atlas, along with various lincenced properties, pulp heroes, public domain and various cult-classic creator owned characters, I see no reason why Defiant and Broadway can't be revived by some one some day.
I would argue that New Universe, Impact/Red/Dark Circle, CrossGen and Atlas revivals would caution any that would want to revive any DU stable, even Defiant or Broadway.

Jury is still out on Chaos and Gold Key. I would expect both ventures to quietly fade away the same way the Kirby-verse and Project Superpowers lines did. The CGW revival is meeting what some might qualify as modest success. It is still plugging away and Ghost is selling decently for a non-licensed Dark Horse book but that was the case with the first two volumes of Ghost too.