Defiant: Origin of Chasm ?

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

1st Among Equals
Defiant: Origin of Chasm ?

Post by 1st Among Equals »

So I'm picking up loose ends for different series that I would like to bind and I'm currently getting the last bit of Defiant that I need. I have almost everything except one book that I can't find any info on other than it being mention in my Dark Dominion #0 that happened to not come with it. So was this book actually produced, or am I searching for a fools tale. Thanks for the help. :thumb: :hope:

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re: Defiant: Origin of Chasm ?

Post by vikingspawn »

Not produced. :| I remember sending off the Dark Dominion mailer for Chasm #0 and my envelope was returned to me unopened back then.

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Was there a Dark Dominion #0 card set? I have a vague memory of seeing it somewhere.
Multum In Parvo

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

The Dirt Gang wrote:Was there a Dark Dominion #0 card set? I have a vague memory of seeing it somewhere.
Yes. It is harder to find than Plasm but still something that can be had rather cheaply.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Jurisprudence.

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

bosco685
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by bosco685 »

Chiclo wrote:
The Dirt Gang wrote:Was there a Dark Dominion #0 card set? I have a vague memory of seeing it somewhere.
Yes. It is harder to find than Plasm but still something that can be had rather cheaply.
And a very cool story, set of cards, and even bonus cards. I had the whole set x 2, and sold them off a few years ago to limit my scope. It was the one Defiant 'book' (other than Plasm 0 retailer comic) I would have held back if space and focus allowed.

Mine is storage space.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

bosco685 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
And a very cool story, set of cards, and even bonus cards. I had the whole set x 2, and sold them off a few years ago to limit my scope. It was the one Defiant 'book' (other than Plasm 0 retailer comic) I would have held back if space and focus allowed.

Mine is storage space.
Did you have the binder? I have a handful of DD binders and a huge stack of Plasm binders.

Did the Legacy 0 card set have a binder? I probably used to know that.

bosco685

Post by bosco685 »

Chiclo wrote:Did you have the binder? I have a handful of DD binders and a huge stack of Plasm binders.

Had the Dark Dominion binder and Plasm binder, complete. This included the insert books signed by Shooter, which was mailed to me during the early Defiant days.

You may not remember, but I posted the Legacy 0 binder pictures the previous year. Now THAT I kept. it is such a challenge to find that book complete, with all booster cards. I have always wanted to see Legacy make a comeback, as it was a very good story with a lot of potential.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

bosco685 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Did you have the binder? I have a handful of DD binders and a huge stack of Plasm binders.

Had the Dark Dominion binder and Plasm binder, complete. This included the insert books signed by Shooter, which was mailed to me during the early Defiant days.

You may not remember, but I posted the Legacy 0 binder pictures the previous year. Now THAT I kept. it is such a challenge to find that book complete, with all booster cards. I have always wanted to see Legacy make a comeback, as it was a very good story with a lot of potential.
I remembered that you had quite a bit of Majestic stuff that I had never seen but the photobucket pics aren't up anymore. :P

I kind of remember seeing a Legacy binder on eBay now that I think about it.

bosco685

Post by bosco685 »

Chiclo wrote:I remembered that you had quite a bit of Majestic stuff that I had never seen but the photobucket pics aren't up anymore. :P

I kind of remember seeing a Legacy binder on eBay now that I think about it.
Oh man. Sorry about that. I don't think I deleted those Photobucket pictures. Legacy really stood out as one of those early independents in the 90's that had legs. If not for being the child of a card company parent that wanted to focus on just the card revenue more than comics, it could have been so much more.

rasputin9977
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by rasputin9977 »

Chiclo wrote:
It was easy for me to find through milehighcomics.com but not cheap because I had to keep on buying the boxes of card to complete the entire comic. I found all but one card. I gave up because I didn't want to keep on wasting the money for it.

Now that I see it print, I guess it was hard for me to find the complete set since I'm missing one card.