Switch to full style
Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Broadway, Continuity, CrossGen, Defiant, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today.
Post a reply

Re: Ultraverse Thread

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:28:56 pm

Congratulations to depluto on the successful Ultraverse panel at SDCC. The videos are available on Youtube. Did anyone from the "Dead Universes" section here attend the panel?

https://youtu.be/bY5XFEoMhrU

https://youtu.be/Db5xMx8fJVE

Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:33:31 pm

Yeeeha! Actually I get a bit nervous doing crap like that but those guys were so welcoming that it went pretty well.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:11:40 pm

Wow! Righteous!

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:48:40 pm

Article on Ultraverse panel at SDCC.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/23 ... anel-sdcc/

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:41:45 pm

A good nugget I learned from Fred Van Lente at poker night ... his first published work was in the Ultraverse.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42:12 pm

His middle name is Jan.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:44:36 pm

depluto wrote:A good nugget I learned from Fred Van Lente at poker night ... his first published work was in the Ultraverse.

Cool!

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:22:39 pm

StarBrand wrote:Article on Ultraverse panel at SDCC.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/23 ... anel-sdcc/

Congrats! That's awesome. I do feel like there was a missed opportunity here to call you the Ultraverse's Ultra-fan. :kidaround:

Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:31:18 pm

Had a guy on Facebook ask me if the White Event launches the Malibu universe as well as the New Universe. I told him I’d never heard that before. I’m sure that’s untrue, unless Marvel tweaked things when they started publishing the Malibu characters for a bit. Anyone ever hear this befor?

Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:14:59 am

StarBrand wrote:Had a guy on Facebook ask me if the White Event launches the Malibu universe as well as the New Universe. I told him I’d never heard that before. I’m sure that’s untrue, unless Marvel tweaked things when they started publishing the Malibu characters for a bit. Anyone ever hear this befor?

I had not heard that before. There are more than one Malibu shared universe, some of which started as several different comic book companies. Some of these companies were related in that they were backed by the same financier, some were not and bought out later (like Aircel, the original publisher of Men in Black, which started out as an insulation company). Putting an origin like the White Event onto that group would be like herding cats but tidy if you could pull it off.

The Malibu universe had already had superpowered beings (called Ultras) for some time prior to publication. I want to say there was an explanation as to the beginnings of their powers within the universe but I do not remember it off the top of my head.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:01:36 pm

Chiclo wrote:
StarBrand wrote:Had a guy on Facebook ask me if the White Event launches the Malibu universe as well as the New Universe. I told him I’d never heard that before. I’m sure that’s untrue, unless Marvel tweaked things when they started publishing the Malibu characters for a bit. Anyone ever hear this befor?

I had not heard that before. There are more than one Malibu shared universe, some of which started as several different comic book companies. Some of these companies were related in that they were backed by the same financier, some were not and bought out later (like Aircel, the original publisher of Men in Black, which started out as an insulation company). Putting an origin like the White Event onto that group would be like herding cats but tidy if you could pull it off.

The Malibu universe had already had superpowered beings (called Ultras) for some time prior to publication. I want to say there was an explanation as to the beginnings of their powers within the universe but I do not remember it off the top of my head.

The Jumpstart created The Strangers, Night Man and a number of others.

Around a year or so earlier, a prior Jumpstart created the Squad (including Hardcase), and an earlier one in the 1930's created their Superman-analog (who appeared in the Strangers).

Aside that, many UV supers received their powers from wetware, Mantar was a woman possesed by an other-dimensional spirit, and there were other hooks for Prime, Sludge etc.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:18:32 pm

StarBrand wrote:
depluto wrote:A good nugget I learned from Fred Van Lente at poker night ... his first published work was in the Ultraverse.

Cool!

That's a neat nugget. FVL was always good to the Iron Man crowd. :thumb:

Sun May 12, 2019 8:20:52 am

I have just ordered the Godwheeel tpb and Prime HC to go alongside my Strangers tpb; other than the softcover variation for Prime, and the various signed and numbered options, were any other UV series collected at all? I am not after all the permutations, simply getting them for reading convenience. :)

Thanks in advance. :)

Mon May 13, 2019 4:47:51 pm

Just the three softcovers and one hardcover. All are pretty easy to find.

Tue May 14, 2019 4:45:17 pm

Do you still have your Ultraverse blog online, depluto?

Wed May 15, 2019 1:54:24 pm

depluto wrote:Just the three softcovers and one hardcover. All are pretty easy to find.

:thumb:

Thanks mate. :)

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:05:03 pm

Heroclix just released a Rune figure.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:03:31 am

StarBrand wrote:Heroclix just released a Rune figure.

LOL wut

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:49:19 am

The card verifies that was his skeleton in Thanos 3.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:39:31 am

Interesting!

Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:36:11 am

That’s really cool!
Post a reply