ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Dec 15, 2018 5:25:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:28:56 pm 
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:05:13 pm
Posts: 9702
Location: Cheese-Steak Land
Congratulations to depluto on the successful Ultraverse panel at SDCC. The videos are available on Youtube. Did anyone from the "Dead Universes" section here attend the panel?

https://youtu.be/bY5XFEoMhrU

https://youtu.be/Db5xMx8fJVE


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:33:31 pm 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18846
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Yeeeha! Actually I get a bit nervous doing crap like that but those guys were so welcoming that it went pretty well.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:11:40 pm 
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:49:05 pm
Posts: 16681
Wow! Righteous!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:48:40 pm 
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:49:05 pm
Posts: 16681
Article on Ultraverse panel at SDCC.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/23 ... anel-sdcc/


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:41:45 pm 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18846
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
A good nugget I learned from Fred Van Lente at poker night ... his first published work was in the Ultraverse.

Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42:12 pm 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18846
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Image

His middle name is Jan.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:44:36 pm 
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:49:05 pm
Posts: 16681
depluto wrote:
A good nugget I learned from Fred Van Lente at poker night ... his first published work was in the Ultraverse.

Image


Cool!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:22:39 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:33:31 am
Posts: 1458
Location: Astral Plane
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS
StarBrand wrote:
Article on Ultraverse panel at SDCC.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/23 ... anel-sdcc/


Congrats! That's awesome. I do feel like there was a missed opportunity here to call you the Ultraverse's Ultra-fan. :kidaround:

_________________
Multum In Parvo


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:31:18 pm 
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:49:05 pm
Posts: 16681
Had a guy on Facebook ask me if the White Event launches the Malibu universe as well as the New Universe. I told him I’d never heard that before. I’m sure that’s untrue, unless Marvel tweaked things when they started publishing the Malibu characters for a bit. Anyone ever hear this befor?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:14:59 am 
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09:11 am
Posts: 19953
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
StarBrand wrote:
Had a guy on Facebook ask me if the White Event launches the Malibu universe as well as the New Universe. I told him I’d never heard that before. I’m sure that’s untrue, unless Marvel tweaked things when they started publishing the Malibu characters for a bit. Anyone ever hear this befor?


I had not heard that before. There are more than one Malibu shared universe, some of which started as several different comic book companies. Some of these companies were related in that they were backed by the same financier, some were not and bought out later (like Aircel, the original publisher of Men in Black, which started out as an insulation company). Putting an origin like the White Event onto that group would be like herding cats but tidy if you could pull it off.

The Malibu universe had already had superpowered beings (called Ultras) for some time prior to publication. I want to say there was an explanation as to the beginnings of their powers within the universe but I do not remember it off the top of my head.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ultraverse Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:01:36 pm 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:39:01 am
Posts: 9230
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Chiclo wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Had a guy on Facebook ask me if the White Event launches the Malibu universe as well as the New Universe. I told him I’d never heard that before. I’m sure that’s untrue, unless Marvel tweaked things when they started publishing the Malibu characters for a bit. Anyone ever hear this befor?


I had not heard that before. There are more than one Malibu shared universe, some of which started as several different comic book companies. Some of these companies were related in that they were backed by the same financier, some were not and bought out later (like Aircel, the original publisher of Men in Black, which started out as an insulation company). Putting an origin like the White Event onto that group would be like herding cats but tidy if you could pull it off.

The Malibu universe had already had superpowered beings (called Ultras) for some time prior to publication. I want to say there was an explanation as to the beginnings of their powers within the universe but I do not remember it off the top of my head.


The Jumpstart created The Strangers, Night Man and a number of others.

Around a year or so earlier, a prior Jumpstart created the Squad (including Hardcase), and an earlier one in the 1930's created their Superman-analog (who appeared in the Strangers).

Aside that, many UV supers received their powers from wetware, Mantar was a woman possesed by an other-dimensional spirit, and there were other hooks for Prime, Sludge etc.

_________________
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group