ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Nov 18, 2019 3:23:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:12:57 am 
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.

Valiant fan since: 1991
Could somebody help me understand what content is in the "Birth of a Defiant Universe" comic? I am currently reading all of Defiant for the first time (loving it by the way), and before I start looking at buying this comic it would be helpful to understand what is in it.

Also, does anybody have any scans to show the books content? I would prefer to read over owning it (as it goes for a lot on ebay).

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:42:59 am 
Honey, it's time to spawn!

Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart
caxiotis wrote:
Could somebody help me understand what content is in the "Birth of a Defiant Universe" comic? I am currently reading all of Defiant for the first time (loving it by the way), and before I start looking at buying this comic it would be helpful to understand what is in it.

Also, does anybody have any scans to show the books content? I would prefer to read over owning it (as it goes for a lot on ebay).

Does this help?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiant_Comics

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:05:30 am 

Valiant fan since: 1991
mkb28 wrote:
caxiotis wrote:

Does this help?

Not so much. I just want to understand what is inside the comic "Birth of a Defiant Universe." The book is limited # and signed by Shooter and given to retailers at before anything Defiant was published. I think it is just conceptual stuff, but am not sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:29:13 am 

Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart
caxiotis wrote:
mkb28 wrote:
caxiotis wrote:

Does this help?

Not so much. I just want to understand what is inside the comic "Birth of a Defiant Universe." The book is limited # and signed by Shooter and given to retailers at before anything Defiant was published. I think it is just conceptual stuff, but am not sure.

Hey Brother:

After I posted the link, I realized the book was a one-shot and then I reread your question. I knew it was a long shot. Hope you find your answers. :hope:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:36:58 pm 
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

From Shooterswork web site:

In this promotional publication it has the characters of the Defiant Universe introduce themselves in first person dialogue. It has an introduction to the Defiant Universe and it lists the upcoming titles including Truth and Beauty and Mongrel which were never published. Contrary to some online reports, this material was not reprinted. It is not the same content which was published in Defiant Genesis.

https://www.shooterswork.com/defiant/birth.htm

Offline Profile