Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: greg, Daniel Jackson

fastballspecial
Harbinger rank: Shinia
Harbinger rank: Shinia
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:35:19 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by fastballspecial »

I didnt even know the Gold Ultraverse Holograms existed till a year ago or so. It gives me something new to look for.

User avatar
Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes
Posts: 14063
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:38:46 am
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by Knightt »

StarBrand wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Here's one that fits this list -

Majestic Comics Presents
Here's an auction for 5 copies of an ash can from SDCC circa 1993, published by Majestic. Strangely, I think I was at this show and remember seeing these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230711665939?ss ... 1438.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just put a complete box of Triumphant cards in my closet yester.... last year as I was doing a bit of cleaning/uncluttering. I think I STILL need to put these in their 'book order' and place them in a binder or one was sent to me, I forget as my card collection is not documented very well at all, it just 'is' and is 'big'. This is the one collection that I am very glad has been done inexpensively.

User avatar
bosco685
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1029
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:19:35 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by bosco685 »

Knightt wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Here's one that fits this list -

Majestic Comics Presents
Here's an auction for 5 copies of an ash can from SDCC circa 1993, published by Majestic. Strangely, I think I was at this show and remember seeing these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230711665939?ss ... 1438.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just put a complete box of Triumphant cards in my closet yester.... last year as I was doing a bit of cleaning/uncluttering. I think I STILL need to put these in their 'book order' and place them in a binder or one was sent to me, I forget as my card collection is not documented very well at all, it just 'is' and is 'big'. This is the one collection that I am very glad has been done inexpensively.
Legacy was their best (and I believe first) title. I still have my #0 binder, which was a great start to what could have been a super series.

User avatar
Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Posts: 5131
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07:41 am
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Contact:
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by Cyberstrike »

Knightt wrote:It is not "Hardest Dead Universe issues for YOU to find" it is a question looking for a consensus on which DU books 'are' hard to find... you can find many available copies of Epic Illustrated #9 and #15 on Ebay right now. Try looking for the 'Miracle on Broadway' comic and you will find "Your search returned 0 items." :wink:
I was looking for Dreadstar comics LONG before there was eBay. Even then often times when I did try to find issues on eBay, I would often find, nothing, the wrong issues were pictured, way overpriced, and not being able to get just the issues I wanted.
Image
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

User avatar
wallywest1980
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:16:45 am
Location: Neverneverland
Contact:
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by wallywest1980 »

Signed or regular scavangers 0 purple and signed or regular chromium man 0 purple, it's like the copies I had were the only ones in existence. Any of the many retailer advance copies from the 90's, good luckfinding anyin decent shape. The original signed hard cover Mage trades, the huge oversized ones. I think I've seen volume three come up on ebay once in five years. Makes me wanna cry.

Oh and the copy of Tapestry #1 I had signed by over a hundered writers and artists, and a sketch from Greg Hyland and JerryOrdway in it. That was a be-itch to find and now it's gone for ever.
Life is the urge of a few million cells to be you for a while.

User avatar
StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
Posts: 17507
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:49:05 pm
Contact:
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by StarBrand »

Anyone have any books to add to this?
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

User avatar
depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Posts: 19215
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by depluto »

I have a note about the gold Ultraverse holograms. The former publisher of Malibu (Rosenberg) was at an Ultraverse panel last year at SDCC. A Facebook friend of mine asked him about the gold holograms, how and why they were made. The answer was that the guy paid for them out of his own pocket after the initial runs of 5000 each for the silvers. Just 200 were made of each gold (not counting Ultraforce, which was all gold at a 5500 print run) to be given away for whatever reason. Not many of them were.

Another one of the Malibu guys told me that a lot of that stuff was stored in a closet and was just thrown out sometime after Marvel bought them out. Some of this crap is showing up in "warehouse finds" now. About 15 or so various gold holograms just showed up on eBay in the last year; usually you see 1-5, tops, in one year. One of our members here scooped up a bunch of them (wisely, I think).

User avatar
StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
Posts: 17507
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:49:05 pm
Contact:
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by StarBrand »

depluto wrote:I have a note about the gold Ultraverse holograms. The former publisher of Malibu (Rosenberg) was at an Ultraverse panel last year at SDCC. A Facebook friend of mine asked him about the gold holograms, how and why they were made. The answer was that the guy paid for them out of his own pocket after the initial runs of 5000 each for the silvers. Just 200 were made of each gold (not counting Ultraforce, which was all gold at a 5500 print run) to be given away for whatever reason. Not many of them were.

Another one of the Malibu guys told me that a lot of that stuff was stored in a closet and was just thrown out sometime after Marvel bought them out. Some of this crap is showing up in "warehouse finds" now. About 15 or so various gold holograms just showed up on eBay in the last year; usually you see 1-5, tops, in one year. One of our members here scooped up a bunch of them (wisely, I think).
Interesting info. :thumb:
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

User avatar
robb77
nice one
nice one
Posts: 4068
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31:59 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by robb77 »

Masters of the universe 1 museum edition ( jay company ) mvcreations limited to 50. Also an artist proof and a mvcreation version of the museum edition ltd to 10 copies each.

User avatar
Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Posts: 25252
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44:48 am
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by Elveen »

robb77 wrote:Masters of the universe 1 museum edition ( jay company ) mvcreations limited to 50. Also an artist proof and a mvcreation version of the museum edition ltd to 10 copies each.
The Jay boys have made more than a handful of museum books.

User avatar
robb77
nice one
nice one
Posts: 4068
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31:59 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by robb77 »

Yeah a hell of a lot but its still a dead universe variant but being jay company should it count?? Also the later issues of the transformers marvel uk are pretty hard to come by and go for a few bob.

User avatar
StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
Posts: 17507
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:49:05 pm
Contact:
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by StarBrand »

Good to see you here, Rob.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

rasputin9977
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14:42 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by rasputin9977 »

From Valiant Comics

Unity 2000 #3
Armorines #4 (2nd series)
Shadowman #6 (3rd series)

From Silverline Comics

Marauder #3 (pretty sure it exists since I have #4)
Silverstorm #1 (the 2nd series that came out in the '90s, not the 1st series from Malibu Comics).

From Nightwynd Enterprises/Malibu

Dragonfire Classified Files #3
DragonForce Chronicles #3
Dragonfire Early Years #4
Dragonfire UFO Wars #4
Elfheim (1st series) #3
Elfheim (2nd series) #3
Elfheim (3rd series) #1,#4
Elfheim (4th series) #3,#4
Elfheim Dragons Dreams #2,#4
Elflord Chronicles #6

rasputin9977
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14:42 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by rasputin9977 »

Chiclo wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Here's one that fits this list -

Majestic Comics Presents
Do you have any info on this book?
viewtopic.php?p=554388#p554388" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is the best I can get. I am not even sure where Knightt found that cover scan.
That comic exists. I have a copy of it that I bought a few weeks ago.

User avatar
StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
Posts: 17507
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:49:05 pm
Contact:
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by StarBrand »

rasputin9977 wrote:From Valiant Comics

Unity 2000 #3
Armorines #4 (2nd series)
Shadowman #6 (3rd series)

From Silverline Comics

Marauder #3 (pretty sure it exists since I have #4)
Silverstorm #1 (the 2nd series that came out in the '90s, not the 1st series from Malibu Comics).

From Nightwynd Enterprises/Malibu

Dragonfire Classified Files #3
DragonForce Chronicles #3
Dragonfire Early Years #4
Dragonfire UFO Wars #4
Elfheim (1st series) #3
Elfheim (2nd series) #3
Elfheim (3rd series) #1,#4
Elfheim (4th series) #3,#4
Elfheim Dragons Dreams #2,#4
Elflord Chronicles #6
Good info. :thumb:
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

User avatar
Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Posts: 20538
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09:11 am
Favorite character: Kris
Location: Texas
Contact:
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by Chiclo »

rasputin9977 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Here's one that fits this list -

Majestic Comics Presents
Do you have any info on this book?
viewtopic.php?p=554388#p554388" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is the best I can get. I am not even sure where Knightt found that cover scan.
That comic exists. I have a copy of it that I bought a few weeks ago.
Is it full sized or ashcan sized?

Did you get it from a sealed box of non-sport cards?

rasputin9977
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14:42 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by rasputin9977 »

Chiclo wrote:
rasputin9977 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Here's one that fits this list -

Majestic Comics Presents
Do you have any info on this book?
viewtopic.php?p=554388#p554388" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is the best I can get. I am not even sure where Knightt found that cover scan.
That comic exists. I have a copy of it that I bought a few weeks ago.
Is it full sized or ashcan sized?

Did you get it from a sealed box of non-sport cards?
It's full size but only 16 pages. I just got the comic from Mile High, wasn't in a box. The indica doesn't say Majestic Presents. It says 'LEGACY, S.T.A.T., FLASHPOIN, & HEROES LIKE US' followed by the usual info (publisher, address, legal stuff, etc.). The cover says 'Majestic Entertainment, Inc.' but the inside cover it says 'Majestic Presents'. The inside has pg 21 and 22 of Majestic #1, pg 22 of S.T.A.T. #0 and the rest is just text and artwork introducing the Majestic characters. The back inside cover has a list of their shipping schedule.

July 1993
Comics FutureStars '93

September 1993
Legacy #0 Cardset

October 1993Legacy #0 Binders
Comics FutureStars2 '93

November 1993
Legacy #1
S.T.A.T. #0 Cardset

December 1993S.T.A.T. #0 Binder
S.T.A.T. #1
Legacy #2

Upcoming ProjectsHeroes Like Us #0 Cardset
Heroes Like Us #0 Binder
Flashpoint #0 Cardset
Flashpoint #0 Binder
Flashpoint Monthly Series
Heroes Like Us Monthly Series
Comics FutureStars '94
Duel Miniseries
Punch-Hurt-Kill-Kill One Shot
Earth=Uprising Crossover Event

User avatar
Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Posts: 20538
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09:11 am
Favorite character: Kris
Location: Texas
Contact:
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by Chiclo »

Interesting. Thank you for that information.

You ordered this from Mile High? Do you have the link to this book in their webstore?

rasputin9977
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14:42 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by rasputin9977 »

Anyone remember that one creator (I think he is in his 50s now) from the '80s or early '90s who got in legal trouble because his comic was consider child porn (or something like that, which he was eventually cleared from with the help offff CFLD if I recall correctly). I thought it was Hard Boiled Angel but that looks like a manga. Anyway, I recall this comic is hard to find.

rasputin9977
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14:42 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by rasputin9977 »

Chiclo wrote:Interesting. Thank you for that information.

You ordered this from Mile High? Do you have the link to this book in their webstore?
http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backi ... &snumber=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
Posts: 17507
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:49:05 pm
Contact:
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by StarBrand »

rasputin9977 wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Interesting. Thank you for that information.

You ordered this from Mile High? Do you have the link to this book in their webstore?
http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backi ... &snumber=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like Mile high is out of stock, and mycomicshop doesn't even have it listed as an item. No copies available on eBay right now, either. I'd say that's definitely hard to find.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

rasputin9977
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14:42 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by rasputin9977 »

Got my milehighcomics order in today and came across some more hard to find issues. Greater Mercury Comics published the following:

ASSASSIN FORCE
ASSASSIN FORCE: CRIMSON COUGAR
ASSASSIN FORCE: DEATH HAWK
ASSASSIN FORCE: DEATH LORD
ASSASSIN FORCE: Grips
ASSASSIN FORCE: MAXWELL FARADAY
ASSASSIN FORCE: STING/RAY
ASSASSIN FORCE: VENGEANCE

I only snatched 5 of those from milehigh and it looks like it were their last copies. Mycomicshop only has Assassin Force Grips but it's sold out. Can't find any of them on comics.org or ebay so maybe they are hard to find as well.

User avatar
Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Posts: 9709
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:05:13 pm
Location: Cheese-Steak Land
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by Brother J »

rasputin9977 wrote:Anyone remember that one creator (I think he is in his 50s now) from the '80s or early '90s who got in legal trouble because his comic was consider child porn (or something like that, which he was eventually cleared from with the help offff CFLD if I recall correctly). I thought it was Hard Boiled Angel but that looks like a manga. Anyway, I recall this comic is hard to find.
I'm going to guess you're talking about Mike Diana, who published Boiled Angel. He was the first artist ever to receive a criminal conviction for obscenity for his artwork in the United States, so he was not cleared. I have a few issues of the series, including a copy of #1. Yes, they are extremely hard to find, but I'm going to guess most here would not be interested in his work, as it is extremely graphic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Diana" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rasputin9977
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14:42 pm
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by rasputin9977 »

Brother J wrote:
rasputin9977 wrote:Anyone remember that one creator (I think he is in his 50s now) from the '80s or early '90s who got in legal trouble because his comic was consider child porn (or something like that, which he was eventually cleared from with the help offff CFLD if I recall correctly). I thought it was Hard Boiled Angel but that looks like a manga. Anyway, I recall this comic is hard to find.
I'm going to guess you're talking about Mike Diana, who published Boiled Angel. He was the first artist ever to receive a criminal conviction for obscenity for his artwork in the United States, so he was not cleared. I have a few issues of the series, including a copy of #1. Yes, they are extremely hard to find, but I'm going to guess most here would not be interested in his work, as it is extremely graphic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Diana" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, this is what I was talking about! I knew I might have some of my information incorrect but I didn't think it would be so much.

User avatar
cplsimon
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:33:33 am
Location: 3hrs from the nearest LCS
Re: Hardest Dead Universe issues to find

Post by cplsimon »

StarBrand wrote:Anyone have any books to add to this?
Ok don't beat me up to hard, but it does fit into this catagory.

VIP Valiant Sneak Peak "peek" Ashcan, they only have 100, and I have only seen a couple on Ebay in the compleated auctions. I can't seem to get one. I know I know why would anyone want the "trashcan", but I think it would be cool to own. VIP only put out that one comic which makes it a Dead U book and I think it is really hard to find.

So let the bashing begin, and if you have one that you would be willing to part with for a price please let me know. :thumb:


Post Reply