Eclipse

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
Eclipse

Post by ian_house »

I'm slowly (and cheaply) putting together a run of Alan Moore's Marvelman at Eclipse and wondered a little about the company/universe (although I'm not sure if there is one looking at the titles they published).

I couldn't find an issue list or much of a discussion about them with my rubbish searching abilities. Can someone point me in the right direction or take a minute or two to educate a feeble mind? :wink: :thumb:

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

My best advice for an idea at an issue list would be to check out Mile High Comics list of Eclispe titles arranged alphabetically. At a glance there looks to be quite a few. Happy hunting!

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Good call, hadn't thought of that. Don't use mile high due to the shipping cost to here. I really wish shipping was cheaper from the us!

Any ideas if there is a universe in their titles?

Also anyone have any links to info on them, wikipedia is pretty bare and couldn't see any obvious links.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

ian_house wrote:Good call, hadn't thought of that. Don't use mile high due to the shipping cost to here. I really wish shipping was cheaper from the us!

Also anyone have any links to info on them, wikipedia is pretty bare and couldn't see any obvious links.
No Universe of titles as with many 80's indy publishers, but lots of quality from and array of great creators, as well as some awfull old poop.

:thumb:

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Draco, are these on your list to collect or do they not qualify?

Cheers Drift, looks like the kinda info I wanted!

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

I believe there is a "universe".

The crossover Total Eclipse features almost every character that had a series from Eclipse: Miracleman, Airboy, Valkyrie, Strike!, the Prowler, Skywolf, the Liberty Project, Aztec Ace, New Wave, Masked Man, Beanworld, Destroyer Duck, the Heap and more

Draco

Post by Draco »

Doorman wrote:I believe there is a "universe".

The crossover Total Eclipse features almost every character that had a series from Eclipse: Miracleman, Airboy, Valkyrie, Strike!, the Prowler, Skywolf, the Liberty Project, Aztec Ace, New Wave, Masked Man, Beanworld, Destroyer Duck, the Heap and more

Good point, i did get these and was very excited at the prospect of them tying characters together when they did this, but it was short lived and no an ongoing thing.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I LOVE collecting Eclipse books but admit to 'I am not going to get all of them'. Just like Innovation comics, I will be getting all of them either, just too many silly titles in my opinion. But from Innovation we can get some great books like Hero Alliance and Justice Machine to name a few.

With Eclipse there are some very cool books like DNAgents, MiracleMan, Air Boy, Sky Wolf, The Prowler, Scout and many more.

Just like with most of my 'Across the Big Pond Friends' if you want, you can have them shipped to me and I will then ship them to you. I have a couple of big piles of books in my comic area waiting on 'the word' to ship. I think Phantom. is first on the list. Might have to go in two boxes with his cool loot.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

And man, I would REALLY like to get my MiracleMan set complete, the first three issues are easy but I know that I will have to buckle down and do the #14 and #15 purchases when I can get them at a good price.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Thanks for the offer Knightt, I may well take you up on that. :thumb:

I've only just started so not got much. I've picked up issues 2, 8, 16 and 17. All for between £2-5. So I'm hoping to continue in that price range for now and worry about 14 and 15 last!

Also nice one Doorman, I'll be looking into some of those other titles that come together for Total Eclipse! :thumb:

I do love the DU section on the board!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

ian_house wrote:Thanks for the offer Knightt, I may well take you up on that. :thumb:

I've only just started so not got much. I've picked up issues 2, 8, 16 and 17. All for between £2-5. So I'm hoping to continue in that price range for now and worry about 14 and 15 last!

Also nice one Doorman, I'll be looking into some of those other titles that come together for Total Eclipse! :thumb:

I do love the DU section on the board!
Dude, over here I have NEVER paid more than $1.00 for an issue (well maybe for a MiracleMan issue) but these are SO cheap. I am sure I have loads of DNAgents, Air Boy, and Crossfire, probably more. I'd research what you would like to read/collect and put it in the DU Master needs list.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

ian_house wrote:Good call, hadn't thought of that. Don't use mile high due to the shipping cost to here. I really wish shipping was cheaper from the us!

up until last year Mile High was only charging me $11 USD regardless of amount of comics for shipping, which when doing big orders to fill DU gaps I thought was okay; factor in the inflated costs of ebay and the relative dearth of back issues that are accessible in the UK, and they were 'okay'. They were not Near Mint books mind you, but that is a different grumble...

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

leonmallett wrote:

up until last year Mile High was only charging me $11 USD regardless of amount of comics for shipping, which when doing big orders to fill DU gaps I thought was okay; factor in the inflated costs of ebay and the relative dearth of back issues that are accessible in the UK, and they were 'okay'. They were not Near Mint books mind you, but that is a different grumble...
mycomicshop.com has always sent me minty fresh Dead Universe comics. My last order, I was incredibly surprised making think that they have stacks of these things, in just very great shape and packed ready to withstand a nuclear attack. Eclipse books were especially in great shape.

Might be a thought....

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

I'm gunna finally submit to putting together a DU wants list. I try and keep all of my lists in a similar style to the Valiant excel checklist on here. Does anyone do the same (if so can I get a copy)? I'm currently putting one together for Crossgen if anyone wants it?

Draco

Post by Draco »

ian_house wrote:I'm gunna finally submit to putting together a DU wants list. I try and keep all of my lists in a similar style to the Valiant excel checklist on here. Does anyone do the same (if so can I get a copy)? I'm currently putting one together for Crossgen if anyone wants it?
i got over excited about doing this a few years back and did make about ten i think for various DU's.
Im pretty sure i didnt do crossgen, but ill send you the ones i did get finished.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Draco wrote:
ian_house wrote:I'm gunna finally submit to putting together a DU wants list. I try and keep all of my lists in a similar style to the Valiant excel checklist on here. Does anyone do the same (if so can I get a copy)? I'm currently putting one together for Crossgen if anyone wants it?
i got over excited about doing this a few years back and did make about ten i think for various DU's.
Im pretty sure i didnt do crossgen, but ill send you the ones i did get finished.

I'll send over the Crossgen one, it's all finished!

newt138
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by newt138 »

Knightt wrote:And man, I would REALLY like to get my MiracleMan set complete, the first three issues are easy but I know that I will have to buckle down and do the #14 and #15 purchases when I can get them at a good price.
Good luck on the Miracleman run. I ,last year,finished my second complete run. I had been reading and collecting the title when it was coming out and had every issue. But my ex got mad at me and burned up about 60% of my comics. So I started working on another complete run,and last year managed to get the last 2 issues and the "Kimota" book twomorrows put out.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

newt138 wrote:
Knightt wrote:And man, I would REALLY like to get my MiracleMan set complete, the first three issues are easy but I know that I will have to buckle down and do the #14 and #15 purchases when I can get them at a good price.
Good luck on the Miracleman run. I ,last year,finished my second complete run. I had been reading and collecting the title when it was coming out and had every issue. But my ex got mad at me and burned up about 60% of my comics. So I started working on another complete run,and last year managed to get the last 2 issues and the "Kimota" book twomorrows put out.
Man you musta done something bad to get her that *SQUEE* at you! :lol:

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

I got all four of the Miracleman TPBs.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

double post :oops:
Last edited by Brother J on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:09:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

newt138 wrote:
One guy's ex burns up his books and another guy's ex *SQUEE* on his, what's up with these women you guys are hooking up with? :lol:

newt138

Post by newt138 »

Brother J wrote:
newt138 wrote:
One guy's ex burns up his books and another guy's ex *SQUEE* on his, what's up with these women you guys are hooking up with? :lol:
Well my ex was legit insane. She had a bunch of mental problems,that I didn't learn about till after we had divorced.

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

newt138 wrote:
Brother J wrote:
newt138 wrote:
Well my ex was legit insane. She had a bunch of mental problems,that I didn't learn about till after we had divorced.
:hm:

So that's what Hobo meant when he said he had some Golden Age books for me.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Unblessed wrote:
newt138 wrote:
Brother J wrote:
newt138 wrote:
:hm:

So that's what Hobo meant when he said he had some Golden Age books for me.
winner winner!