Bragging rights - your best Dead Universe deal of late?

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Re: Bragging rights - your best Dead Universe deal of late?

Post by Knightt »

Chiclo wrote:
depluto wrote:Sorry, I put that one in the wrong place ...
DU is a fickle mistress that way.

Fickle and kind of a prude.
Cool, glad that the Walking Dead is not uh.. 'dead'.

Ahh the Dead Universe, "my mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun"...

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

CANNOT believe that I won this but all I can say is "hell yeah" !!

I'll post photos when it arrives. JayJay said she would ship it early next week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170751133682?ss ... 3963wt_922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merry Christmas to ME !!

dbngaa
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dbngaa »

Wow! Congrats, Knightt. Sweet pick-up.
This post has been carefully constructed so as to add absolutely nothing to any discussion or topic.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

dbngaa wrote:Wow! Congrats, Knightt. Sweet pick-up.
THANKS, man. And just think, I 'could' have gone after this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadway-Inheri ... 6392870605" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:roll:

I think I am getting a better deal on the book that I won from JayJay.

dbngaa
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dbngaa »

Well, they're both good deals, buuuuuut I agree that Jay Jay's edges the other one just a bit. :)
This post has been carefully constructed so as to add absolutely nothing to any discussion or topic.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I don't know why but I am building a small hoard of those silly Plasm 0 binders. I won a handful of them for 99 cents plus about $10 shipping. Another 7 copies of Warriors of the Plasm 1 for my hoard of that one too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120847515288?ss ... 1497.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And then a lot of the 99 comics:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290661785738?ss ... 1497.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another one that just barely broke $10 shipped but it included 6 and 7, which Doorman sells for $25 a piece. 6 is the last issue I needed for my run.

Doorman
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by Doorman »

wow! that's a great buy

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

Knightt wrote:CANNOT believe that I won this but all I can say is "hell yeah" !!

I'll post photos when it arrives. JayJay said she would ship it early next week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170751133682?ss ... 3963wt_922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merry Christmas to ME !!
I just came across that completed auction (or one of her other two), and realized that I haven't been here in forever, and that if I came by, I would surely find out at least some of who got one. Congratulations!

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

Forgot to put this up.

New Universe set $90 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220934693724?ss ... 1622wt_689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

kevinbastos wrote:Forgot to put this up.

New Universe set $90 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220934693724?ss ... 1622wt_689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not bad, but missing some key issues. The last issues of DP7 and Psi-Force are two of the few books in this line that have some value. My price point for buying so many issues in one shot would have probably been .25 a book, but .50 isn't bad if the condition is good.

BTW, he did count the actual number of books correctly at 162, but Star Brand ends with #19, not #32.

kevinbastos
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

For the ship, too - I thought it was good.

Got the Dp7's already, too. Dang addiction.
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

wallywest1980
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by wallywest1980 »

:D Just got back from my LCS, which has been moving and remodeling, after talking tothe owner for an hour and setting up some shelving I left with a long box full of Triumphant comics. First 3 books I pulled? Chromiumm an #0 BLUE Chromiumman #0 Purple and Scavengers #0 Blue! Looks like three quarters of the box is autographed. Price I paid? Nothing. Love my LCS! Once I've had time to build a set and go through the box properly, I'll let you know what else I find. Oh, and if anyone needs a copyof adventures of superman 500, let me know, he still has over eight hundred copies in the dollar bins, bound to be atleast one 10.0 in there....
Life is the urge of a few million cells to be you for a while.

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

wallywest1980 wrote::D Just got back from my LCS, which has been moving and remodeling, after talking tothe owner for an hour and setting up some shelving I left with a long box full of Triumphant comics. First 3 books I pulled? Chromiumm an #0 BLUE Chromiumman #0 Purple and Scavengers #0 Blue! Looks like three quarters of the box is autographed. Price I paid? Nothing. Love my LCS! Once I've had time to build a set and go through the box properly, I'll let you know what else I find. Oh, and if anyone needs a copyof adventures of superman 500, let me know, he still has over eight hundred copies in the dollar bins, bound to be atleast one 10.0 in there....
Oh Yeah - well I bought Triumphant Comics - yes the company -----jk - I wish - nice stash
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

wallywest1980

Post by wallywest1980 »

BruceReville wrote:
wallywest1980 wrote::D Just got back from my LCS, which has been moving and remodeling, after talking tothe owner for an hour and setting up some shelving I left with a long box full of Triumphant comics. First 3 books I pulled? Chromiumm an #0 BLUE Chromiumman #0 Purple and Scavengers #0 Blue! Looks like three quarters of the box is autographed. Price I paid? Nothing. Love my LCS! Once I've had time to build a set and go through the box properly, I'll let you know what else I find. Oh, and if anyone needs a copyof adventures of superman 500, let me know, he still has over eight hundred copies in the dollar bins, bound to be atleast one 10.0 in there....
Oh Yeah - well I bought Triumphant Comics - yes the company -----jk - I wish - nice stash
platinum ent. bought them for a doughnut and a cup of coffee back in 2001, then they made Dylan Dog, dead of night.... god I wish you had bought them Bruce.... would be better than those hacks owning them... facepalm

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

wallywest1980 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
platinum ent. bought them for a doughnut and a cup of coffee back in 2001, then they made Dylan Dog, dead of night.... god I wish you had bought them Bruce.... would be better than those hacks owning them... facepalm
Platinum Entertainment? Isn't that Scott Mitchell Rosenberg's company? He was the (sleazy is such a mean word) money guy behind Malibu and several other small, indy companies in the 80s and early 90s.

wallywest1980

Post by wallywest1980 »

Should be platinum studios, but yup. they claim they own thousands of comic book characters now... yet I don't see anything being published. from their site... "The third director is Adam Post. He is President and founder of LeadGrowth, a marketing company that outsources business-to-business products, and AVANT Media Group, which is a consumer-brand oriented intellectual property business focused on developing new properties for broad segments and segments with passionate consumer following. Mr. Post has been in charge of LeadGrowth since 2005. Brands that AVANT owns include Personality Comics. Personality Comics has featured biographical stories on Babe Ruth, The Beatles, Martin Luther King, Jr., Sean Connery, Marilyn Monroe, William Shatner and over one hundred others. Mr. Post sold to Platinum, in 2001, rights to the Triumphant Comics universe. With that, we have talked about each of the directors. Would you like to continue the call?"

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

wallywest1980 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
I actually talked to the (kid you not) - Nephew of the guy who co-created Triumphant last year and he said his Uncle still owed the rights to everything - In fact that is how I was able to snag some Triumphant swag for Knight - Purple - Blues - Limiteds - it was a pretty sweet deal - I'll see if I still have that e-mail (which I doubt)

wallywest1980

Post by wallywest1980 »

nice one bruce. I think the only thing I'm going to be shy of is a chromium man 10 signed, as I've never seen one. the owner of my LCS told me today that when they were in business, he was a month behind, because he ordered direct from them the whole time as it was cheaper than going through diamond, hence the butt ton of signed swag in the box. He was actually fairly sure they lost their distribution deal over selling direct to retailers, killing the company, not so much sagging sales. I'd be interested to find out if he was right.

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

I remember one of the things that kinda threw things off was that covers were commissioned before the stories - the guy who ran Triumphant would come in with a cover and then have the writers/artist do a story surrounding the image cover - imagine how hectic that could have been

wallywest1980

Post by wallywest1980 »

BruceReville wrote:I remember one of the things that kinda threw things off was that covers were commissioned before the stories - the guy who ran Triumphant would come in with a cover and then have the writers/artist do a story surrounding the image cover - imagine how hectic that could have been
Which is really funny when you realize 9 times out of ten the cover still had nothing to do with the stories. And the Story was the only selling point they had most of the time.

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

I got a near complete run of "X" from dark horse for 25cents each. Does that count?
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Aram wrote:I got a near complete run of "X" from dark horse for 25cents each. Does that count?
Yes.

A few years ago, I won a full reader set of all the CGW titles minus the two Ghost volumes and the variants for $9.99. :D

fastballspecial
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by fastballspecial »

:high-five:

Found Silver Variants of Mantra, Exiles and Freex for $1 to $2 each.
Completes my set finally.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Wow, cant believe how long it's been since i posted here, saw anything from this section hit my mail box and so on.

A shame really seeing as im so hooked on the whole DU thing, that i re named my business and opened a store called Dead Universe Comics :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Univ ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

I recently picked up a handful of New Universe comics. Nightmask #7 and Spitfire #8 for a buck each plus D.P. 7 #1, Justice #1, Kickers Inc. #1, Marc Hazzard: Merc #1, and Nightmask #1 for eighty cents apiece.