ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Aug 19, 2018 4:16:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:26:52 am 
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:38:46 am
Posts: 14063
I would just like to know who is officially into collecting Dead Universes !!!

I'm in...

1. Knightt
2. leonmallett
3. buff-beardo
4. depluto
5. myron
6. X-O HoboJoe
7. Brother J
8. Lightning Strike
9. schi0249
10. Chiclo
11. Xero
12. Tim Petty
13. ibreakhorses
14. SnotDrip
15. gowaltrip
16. Elveen
17. Heath
18. dac55
19. tictuck
20. Pierre the Valiant
21. Cyberstrike
22. Technique
23.
24.
25.


And so on.... maybe we can get membership cards, jackets and a super secret handshake or some cool stuff like. :lol: (well I AM thinking about a membership card for real)


Last edited by Knightt on Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:58:43 am, edited 13 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:34:24 am 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:39:01 am
Posts: 9207
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Knightt wrote:
I would just like to know who is officially into collecting Dead Universes !!!

I'm in...

1. Knightt
2. Leon (aka leonmallett)
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11,
12,
13.
14.
15.

And so on.... maybe we can get membership cards, jackets and a super secret handshake or some cool stuff like. :lol: (well I AM thinking about a membership card for real)


I added myself in. I feel a bit presumptious putting myself at #2 though. :oops:

_________________
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:49:14 am 
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:37:06 pm
Posts: 328
Location: Albany, NY
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: BWS
Count me in! :thumb: I'm currently collecting VALIANT, Defiant, Broadway, EC (reprints), and Crossgen. I'm thinking about Continuity Comics and Ultraverse but I'm scared.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:55:50 am 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:39:01 am
Posts: 9207
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
buff-beardo wrote:
Count me in! :thumb: I'm currently collecting VALIANT, Defiant, Broadway, EC (reprints), and Crossgen. I'm thinking about Continuity Comics and Ultraverse but I'm scared.


Never be scared of the DU side...come further in, dip that toe in the various waters....you know you want to....

_________________
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:57:45 am 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:38:47 pm
Posts: 18769
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
I'm in!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:04:04 am 
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:38:46 am
Posts: 14063
buff-beardo wrote:
Count me in! :thumb: I'm currently collecting VALIANT, Defiant, Broadway, EC (reprints), and Crossgen. I'm thinking about Continuity Comics and Ultraverse but I'm scared.


Don't be scared... come on in. The water is fine. (I think that Continuity Comics are among the best... just glad we can buy them all now and not have to wait six months between any one issue... LOL)


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:06:52 am 
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:38:46 am
Posts: 14063
More names added. Geez, our little family (sniff) is growing.

Awww look there, honey. That little depluto is an ugly one but I bet that he will be as strong as a mule one day and can mend a fence like nobody's business !!! :wink:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:13:03 am 
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:37:59 am
Posts: 15967
Location: watertown, wi
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
:thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:22:07 am 
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:38:46 am
Posts: 14063
myron wrote:
:thumb:


OK now WTF does THAT mean, myron ?

A DU monger or that depluto is an ugly MF'er ?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:44:10 am 
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:07:18 pm
Posts: 22191
Location: Adrift on the Seas of Fate
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman
I am a recovering DU addict. When I get sick of them I send them West.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:32:39 am 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:38:47 pm
Posts: 18769
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Knightt wrote:
More names added. Geez, our little family (sniff) is growing.

Awww look there, honey. That little depluto is an ugly one but I bet that he will be as strong as a mule one day and can mend a fence like nobody's business !!! :wink:


Fences? That's where you're wrong. I finally wound up paying a guy to fix the rest of it for me.

:lol:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:33:20 am 
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:37:59 am
Posts: 15967
Location: watertown, wi
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger
Knightt wrote:
myron wrote:
:thumb:


OK now WTF does THAT mean, myron ?

A DU monger or that depluto is an ugly MF'er ?
both my man, both.

first/captial comics especially...but anything else that I happen upon that's not related to the big 2...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:55:16 am 
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:05:13 pm
Posts: 9693
Location: Cheese-Steak Land
Not really collecting much now, but I have an almost complete run of Ultraverse, complete Defiant, almost complete Broadway (missing the tough issues), pretty good collection of Continuity.

I also have interest in Atlas, Milestone, Comico, Eclipse, Pacific...

probably leaving out something obvious. :?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:11:44 pm 
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:58:43 pm
Posts: 8008
Location: Physically: USA---Spiritually: Ireland
Knightt wrote:
I would just like to know who is officially into collecting Dead Universes !!!


**edited** Never mind, I get what you're saying. Count me in :thumb:


Last edited by Lightning Strike on Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:31:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:13:25 pm 
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:58:43 pm
Posts: 8008
Location: Physically: USA---Spiritually: Ireland
Brother J wrote:
Not really collecting much now, but I have an almost complete run of Ultraverse, complete Defiant, almost complete Broadway (missing the tough issues), pretty good collection of Continuity.

I also have interest in Atlas, Milestone, Comico, Eclipse, Pacific...

probably leaving out something obvious. :?


Besides the obvious hunt for all Valiant issues, I'm currently trying to collect the Milestone and Defiant universe.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:22:32 pm 
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:56:42 pm
Posts: 956
Location: Twin Cities, MN
I guess I consider myself one. I enjoy: Valiant/Acclaim, Defiant, and Broadway of course. I also enjoyed both Ultraverse and much of Bravura. If you consider Comics Greatest World a dead universe, I also enjoyed that.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:30:40 pm 
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:09:11 am
Posts: 19816
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
Put me down.

I'm obviously into Valiant and have a reputation as an Ultraverse pusher (still have those boxes for TKW and Elveen to send), but my scope - for the time being - is rather limited among the DUs overall.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:51:44 pm 
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!
Don't squeeze the Deathmate!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:42:43 pm
Posts: 4639
Location: Richardson, TX
Chiclo wrote:
Put me down.

I'm obviously into Valiant and have a reputation as an Ultraverse pusher (still have those boxes for TKW and Elveen to send), but my scope - for the time being - is rather limited among the DUs overall.


Chiclo is our Pusher.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:38:42 pm 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:30:01 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Tennessee
um.. uh... hello, my name's Joey, and I'm a recovering DU Monger. After getting up to 9 long boxes stuffed in 1 tiny little closet, 1 figured it was prime time to try to trim my collection down. So now I only try to get my favorites from each DU

Comico - Elementals
Malibu - Necroscope and just recently Prime
Continuity - Megalith and Samuree
Eclipse - ESPERS
First - Lone Wolf and Cub
Defiant - well, still everything :D
Image - Bloodwulf, Union, later issues of Supreme, and Savage Dragon.... ooops, Image isn't dead yet :twisted:

But I think everything will have to wait on me to get my Valiant collection filled out


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:54:41 pm 
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:38:46 am
Posts: 14063
Xero wrote:
um.. uh... hello, my name's Joey, and I'm a recovering DU Monger. After getting up to 9 long boxes stuffed in 1 tiny little closet, 1 figured it was prime time to try to trim my collection down. So now I only try to get my favorites from each DU

Comico - Elementals
Malibu - Necroscope and just recently Prime
Continuity - Megalith and Samuree
Eclipse - ESPERS
First - Lone Wolf and Cub
Defiant - well, still everything :D
Image - Bloodwulf, Union, later issues of Supreme, and Savage Dragon.... ooops, Image isn't dead yet :twisted:

But I think everything will have to wait on me to get my Valiant collection filled out


I am sure you can add a whole lot more to that list.

I went to an LCS today that had a box of DUs.... 50 for $5.00. I just picked up stuff left and right, just to... ya know, try it out.

Quite a few Air Boy issues in there and some Eclipse that I had never heard of. Even scored a couple Doctor Tomorrow's from Acclaim that I think that I need. Boo yaa....


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:13:29 pm 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:30:01 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Tennessee
yeah, the quater bins (and 50 for $5 if I had them here :cry: ) is where I get sucked into buying tons of dead titles and universes. Air Boy was pretty good from what I've read, did Marvel buy the whole company? They did do Interface which was a continuation of ESPers under their Epic imprint

The 25 cent bins suck me in cause I see something like Doctor Zero, and think "whoa, here's something new" and I'm over the 8 year old boy phase of picking up another Spidey vs Venom crossover do-hickey thing.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:35:34 pm 
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:34:09 am
Posts: 5302
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Got a complete run of Defiant, buncha Impact, 95% on Valiant, looking into Broadway and Tekno, so put me down.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:56:05 pm 
...it has been down hill ever since.
...it has been down hill ever since.

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:18:44 am
Posts: 3988
Count me in! :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:15:57 pm 
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:38:46 am
Posts: 14063
Xero wrote:
yeah, the quater bins (and 50 for $5 if I had them here :cry: ) is where I get sucked into buying tons of dead titles and universes. Air Boy was pretty good from what I've read, did Marvel buy the whole company? They did do Interface which was a continuation of ESPers under their Epic imprint

The 25 cent bins suck me in cause I see something like Doctor Zero, and think "whoa, here's something new" and I'm over the 8 year old boy phase of picking up another Spidey vs Venom crossover do-hickey thing.


I have NO idea on this company. What orignally got me into it was Aztec Ace (which I score a whole run super cheap) and Scout.

Air Boy went up to something like 50 issues !!! (I picked that one up today in great shape for a whopping $.10 cents)

One thing that I must be lax on is shape of the book. Digging through the cheap bins, one cannot expect to find 9.8s of their favorite DU. So, I trade price for condition at times but then again at other times, like my Acclaim collection and Tekno Comics collection where I picked up over 80 issues in GREAT condition for $.05 cents a piece.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:45:59 pm 
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:58:43 pm
Posts: 8008
Location: Physically: USA---Spiritually: Ireland
Knightt wrote:
Xero wrote:
So, I trade price for condition at times but then again at other times, like my Acclaim collection and Tekno Comics collection where I picked up over 80 issues in GREAT condition for $.05 cents a piece.


.05 cents apiece? I've got to shop where you shop! :o


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group