A SPECIAL GIFT to Shriner's from vf.com

Board member driven topics. Participation is completely voluntary.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
A SPECIAL GIFT to Shriner's from vf.com

Post by Knightt »

OK guys, we really need to pull together on this one...

I spoke to our own Ric (Byrneout) yesterday and we had a great conversation. Well it came out in our conversation that he is doing the Toy Drive for the Shriner's hospital burn unit ( http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8425 ) and one of his goals is to try and provide an Xbox 360 for these kids. I thought, 'hey that is pretty cool' but it REALLY set in... the fact that these kids who are suffering from horrible and painful burns, will be in this hospital for Christmas. I tell you... this saddens me to no end. It is just hard to think about kids not being able to be HOME for Christmas Eve and especially Christmas morning. And even more so... kids being in PAIN. Sometimes horrible pain. I really have a hard time keeping a dry eye at this point... kids hurting.

Ric was planning on getting the kids at the hospital an Xbox 360 among other things. Bringing something like this into a place full of sadness would SURELY keep some small kids minds off from their current situation, even if for just a short while. I can see how this would work.

Men, this system costs at least $600. A very hefty price at this time of year to be sure. I want to raise this money for Ric so that he can go out and pick this system up for some kids who are in need of some cheer this Christmas season. I will be at home this year and while we have our own set of problems... it is NOTHING compared to what some of these little people are going through.

I have found that the hearts of this community are incredibly HUGE when it comes to their giving nature. I am calling upon you now. Let's all pull together and raise enough money get an Xbox 360 for these kids and perhaps a few games. Ric does so much for the Shriners during this time of year... lets help him out. Lets help some children out. This will not erase the pain, trauma and disfigurement that some of these kids endure and will endure... but if we can make them forget the pain, if only for an hour or two... or to put wonderment in the eyes of a child. By God, I say... Lets do it. Lets raise enough money for at least a system. Any extra money can purchase either games or controllers or whatever else is needed.

I am asking for your help this Christmas Season, please.

Any other donations please feel free to post them here or PM/email me. I will then give you the information on where to send your most needed donation. This is totally on the up and up here guys. We have known Ric for years and I would like us to give a gift to those who are much less fortunate than we are this Christmas Season.

I am donating at this moment... $100 to go towards this gift. Now, who is with me ?
Last edited by Knightt on Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:05:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k_c_collectibles
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!

Post by k_c_collectibles »

I will help out by donating as well. I can't afford as much as you Knightt, but every little bit helps, right?

I will add $50.00 to the fund. :thumb:

Chris
Hundreds of Valiant and Acclaim comics for GREAT prices! http://www.webstore.com/shop.php?user_id=96791

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

THANKS Chris !!!

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

I'm in. :thumb:

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

From what I understand, your chances of getting an XBox 360 by Christmas are extremely limited. Just something to check into.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Getting one at launch should be tough, but there will be nearly 2 million on shelves over the next month. Every console launch now is limited the first few days for the sake of perceived scarcity.

Make friends with a guy at Best Buy or Target and it shouldn't be too hard, especially if they know it's for a good cause.

dsire50
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Re: A SPECIAL to Shriner's from vf.com

Post by dsire50 »

Knightt wrote:OK guys, we really need to pull together on this one...

I spoke to our own Ric (Byrneout) yesterday and we had a great conversation. Well it came out in our conversation that he is doing the Toy Drive for the Shriner's hospital burn unit
I'm in for $100.

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

I will call Sonicdan. He should be able to set one back in a week or so, to ensure Ric gets one.

-j
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

BUMP !!!!

Still doing great, men. Lets keep 'em coming. :thumb:

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

PM sent.

~Unblessed

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

What's the total so far Chris??

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I have a total of (combined with PMs and emails).....

$1,000

$400 and a few 'items' from valiant fans and $600 from John Taddeo ! ! !

Is that awesome or what ?

We are THERE for the system (John said he would do the $600 for the system - which leaves us $$$ for games and perhaps an extra controller).

I will leave this up and not close it out for another day... just to see what else we can get together for these kids. But I have to say GREAT JOB EVERYONE... you all pulled together AGAIN, to make the world a better place.

I will PM everyone the donation information, please give me a day.
Last edited by Knightt on Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:05:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Make that $1,030...

:thumb:

WOW this is SO much better than I expected...

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Update $1,055 !!!

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

This is so GREAT!

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH

Post by Byrneout »

I've been on the road, so I hadn't been able to check in on the boards too much. Chris kept me in the loop by calling me, and after what he told me I *HAD* to drop in here today.

THANK YOU from the VERY bottom of my heart. I didn't even consider an option like this, and I'm quite frankly AMAZED by the support being shown here.

Just to fill you in, the XBox 360 won't go to any one specific child - when they receive a quality system like this, they put it on a rolling cart with a television. It stays in the playroom during the playroom hours, and after hours, the take the cart to the children who aren't able to leave their beds.

We'll be getting the bundle (if possible - I have two different people working towards making one available, and I also heard that SonicDan might be a good source for this as well) several of the wireless controllers (I think the new XBox can support something like 12 controllers?) and as many games as we can.

Again, you guys have no clue how appreciative I am that all of YOU have made this a reality. You are one and all class acts that deserve a great deal of praise. Thank you.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Anyone else needing donation information please just email me...

roguesf333@cox.net

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I have Ric's home address and Paypal information for those needing it !!!

PM or email me.

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

Check's in the mail.

~Unblessed

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Oh yeah... Ric is going to front the money until the $$$ starts to arrive at his location. Seeing as how it is Christmas time, I plan on making sure he does not have to front that much for too long.

You have all done a great thing, men. Giving when there is a need... you are all superheroes in my book.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Knightt wrote:you are all superheroes in my book.
COOL!!!

Do I have a red cape???

(money in the mail, Ric) :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Uhh, actually no. You have a form fitting red outfit with a cool visor. I hope you are in shape and wear a cup cause I mean 'form fitting'.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Knightt wrote:Uhh, actually no. You have a form fitting red outfit with a cool visor. I hope you are in shape and wear a cup cause I mean 'form fitting'.
:bigeyes: You think of me in a form fitting red outfit?

OK................

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

You would rather me think of you in just a red cape ?

THAT, my friend is even MORE disturbing... ewwwww