2006 Cystic Fibrosis Fund Raiser

Board member driven topics. Participation is completely voluntary.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

Start your clubs

~Unblessed

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

so disagree it is then...fair enough.

no hard feelings.

my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's...and just because someone else posts on another board doesn't mean they're a *SKREE*.

they're only a *SKREE* if they're allowing a petty dispute to tarnish a heartfelt action performed by many of us here.
WWSLJD, MF?

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

cinlach@aol.com wrote:so disagree it is then...fair enough.

no hard feelings.

my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's...and just because someone else posts on another board doesn't mean they're a *SKREE*.

they're only a *SKREE* if they're allowing a petty dispute to tarnish a heartfelt action performed by many of us here.
So you are more than happy to form your opinion on something that you dont fully understand and stick to it...alright...enjoy.

However you did just say that..
the only reason things are being said there is because the people involved are too chicken *SKREE* to say it here
So which is it...are you *SQUEE* because you post on another board or are you *SQUEE* because you are petty?

No one thinks that knight spent money from the cff fundraiser on a cruise. Atleast no one has said as much.

cinlach@aol.com

aahhh...clarification is needed.

people are too *SQUEE* to say things here when they know there's a consequence for such actions...apparantly there is no such thing at this other place.

as far as making an opinion based off of only half the info, you might be right there but from the personal experiences i've had here i think i can safely determine whether or not there might be folks involved in a little unnecessary mud-slinging.

knightt has been a popular target in the past and in my opinion those allegations were unfounded.

now it seems more baseless nonsense is being issued from somewhere...somewhere where there appears to be little or no consequence here.

so again, i say *SQUEE* folks who choose to go elsewhere to spout displeasure with things that mainly happen here.
WWSLJD, MF?

Technique
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!

Post by Technique »

Unblessed wrote:Start your clubs

~Unblessed
I got a 67. I could do better. Wasn't really sure what was going on for awhile. Is there a leader board somewhere?

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

cinlach@aol.com wrote:aahhh...clarification is needed.

people are too *SKREE* to say things here when they know there's a consequence for such actions...apparantly there is no such thing at this other place.

as far as making an opinion based off of only half the info, you might be right there but from the personal experiences i've had here i think i can safely determine whether or not there might be folks involved in a little unnecessary mud-slinging.

knightt has been a popular target in the past and in my opinion those allegations were unfounded.

now it seems more baseless nonsense is being issued from somewhere...somewhere where there appears to be little or no consequence here.

so again, i say *SKREE* folks who choose to go elsewhere to spout displeasure with things that mainly happen here.
that is fine. believe what you want...seems like you had your mind made up before anyway...

I dont know why you feel the need to cast dispersions on whet's board...I know that some think that it is a back alley for people to bad mouth VF.com and its members, but it isnt...there is tons of other conversations going on over there...everyone once and a while conversations turn towards a touchy subject...people speak freely without free of "consquences"(your word, not mine). Then after everyone has moved on someone from this board, not part of the orginal conversation drags it over here and tells everyone that the whet's board people are talking *SQUEE* about the vf.com people and if they werent so *SQUEE* or if they were real men they would say it over here. When in all honesty the person that had a problem with it should have said something to the person on the board where the comments were made...Honestly I find all of it very ironic...

cinlach@aol.com

i've got no problem with whetton or anything he's associated with...the veria (sp?) boards are just dandy by me. i may pop over there someday and take a peek around, maybe join up and stay a spell.

but if we do a vf.com project and there's complaints or dissention surrounding that project then the place to air that gripe is here and not there.

if someone can't express themselves without setting off a firestorm of conflict then perhaps that's a personal fault that the person doing the posting needs to address...and maybe those people do belong at other areas online. but with just a little effort i feel positive that they could give good and nonconfrontational feedback as to their opinions of the projects and the organizers.

i sincerely doubt that any of the organizers of these projects are anything but totally open to all constructive criticisms...but they have to be constructive and not simply "you suck, ninjak sucks and the cff sucks".

it's when someone lets their personal gripes overshadow and soil a truly worthwhile and admirable action that a line is crossed and i feel the need to step forward in this arena and not another and offer my opinion.

my mind was indeed made up before all this began...just as the minds of the folks grousing against knightt were already made up as well.

my opinion of knightt is that any claims as to the true motivation or validity of his love and passion of his cff projects is not only laughable but extremely biased...and to do so about a project which has it's origins and roots here in another forum is simply cowardice masked as righteous indignation.

but as i stated earlier...we can agree to disagree.
WWSLJD, MF?

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

DawgPhan wrote:
x-omatic wrote:Chris, you have support 100%! The people who were talkin *SKREE* about the CF donations are not worth the time of day. Don't let a couple of idiots that speak out of thier *SKREE* discourge you. Their words are jaded by their dislike for you and nothing more.

You can count on me to help out any way I can. Just say the word.

You know that isnt what happened...
So, take your other foot out of you mouth and tell us what happened and what was said.

More so WHAT you said.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

cinlach@aol.com wrote:i've got no problem with whetton or anything he's associated with...the veria (sp?) boards are just dandy by me. i may pop over there someday and take a peek around, maybe join up and stay a spell.

but if we do a vf.com project and there's complaints or dissention surrounding that project then the place to air that gripe is here and not there.

if someone can't express themselves without setting off a firestorm of conflict then perhaps that's a personal fault that the person doing the posting needs to address...and maybe those people do belong at other areas online. but with just a little effort i feel positive that they could give good and nonconfrontational feedback as to their opinions of the projects and the organizers.

i sincerely doubt that any of the organizers of these projects are anything but totally open to all constructive criticisms...but they have to be constructive and not simply "you suck, ninjak sucks and the cff sucks".

it's when someone lets their personal gripes overshadow and soil a truly worthwhile and admirable action that a line is crossed and i feel the need to step forward in this arena and not another and offer my opinion.

my mind was indeed made up before all this began...just as the minds of the folks grousing against knightt were already made up as well.

my opinion of knightt is that any claims as to the true motivation or validity of his love and passion of his cff projects is not only laughable but extremely biased...and to do so about a project which has it's origins and roots here in another forum is simply cowardice masked as righteous indignation.

but as i stated earlier...we can agree to disagree.
The best part is that you dont have any idea about what actually happened, but you sure did feel the need to have an opinion about it...

and it simply isnt true that someone could simply make constructive critisms about any of the projects, but that has nothing to do with this thread. You may want it too, but it doesnt...

this isnt about the projects. It is about people making up stuff for the sake of casting other members in a negative light. Knight spun what happened to fit his agenda, you bought into it. You admittedly dont have all the facts, but for some reason felt compelled to form an opinion. I guess cause it is the internet and everyone is "entitled to their opinion".

Again this isnt about any of the projects...this is about spinning the truth and misleading people.

cinlach@aol.com

everyone have a happy new year...i've given my opinion and dawg's given his.

the truth is either one way or another or somewhere in between.

i did what i intended...i stated my opinion here and not elsewhere.

that's more then i can say for some others apparantly.
WWSLJD, MF?

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

jedimarley wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
x-omatic wrote:Chris, you have support 100%! The people who were talkin *SKREE* about the CF donations are not worth the time of day. Don't let a couple of idiots that speak out of thier *SKREE* discourge you. Their words are jaded by their dislike for you and nothing more.

So, take your other foot out of you mouth and tell us what happened and what was said.

More so WHAT you said.
I dont think that it exists anymore on whet's board. I dont even remember which thread it was in. VK said something about the cruise and the money from CFF. Depluto and I both said something about no way knight did anything funny with the money. I think that myron said something to that affect also. Then VK said that he meant maybe knight shouldnt be taking trips when he has a sick daughter...Depluto said that sometimes you need a break. I think that was about the gist of it. Of course I am only remembering what helps my point...that is of course the internet way...I think that depluto and myron would back me up if, they were able to be dragged into this sort of mess, which both being wiser than I they are not...

I know that doesnt satisfy you jedi, but I really dont care too...

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

cinlach@aol.com wrote:everyone have a happy new year...i've given my opinion and dawg's given his.

the truth is either one way or another or somewhere in between.

i did what i intended...i stated my opinion here and not elsewhere.

that's more then i can say for some others apparantly.
I dont see the need to take the stab at people, but you have consistently done that when giving your opinion today...thanks anyway...

cinlach@aol.com

you're more then welcome.

anytime.
WWSLJD, MF?

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

jedimarley wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:

More so WHAT you said.
Oh and if you want to see most of everything I have ever written you can click on my profile and see every posts on this board and whet's.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

cinlach@aol.com wrote:you're more then welcome.

anytime.
:thumb:

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

DawgPhan wrote:
jedimarley wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:

More so WHAT you said.
I dont think that it exists anymore on whet's board. I dont even remember which thread it was in. VK said something about the cruise and the money from CFF. Depluto and I both said something about no way knight did anything funny with the money. I think that myron said something to that affect also. Then VK said that he meant maybe knight shouldnt be taking trips when he has a sick daughter...Depluto said that sometimes you need a break. I think that was about the gist of it. Of course I am only remembering what helps my point...that is of course the internet way...I think that depluto and myron would back me up if, they were able to be dragged into this sort of mess, which both being wiser than I they are not...

So. What is your problem with the CFF?

Come on dawg, answer the question. Lord knows it will help your post count.

Tell all us little p!ssants what the all-knowing, all-wise dawg knows that we do not.

Technique

Post by Technique »

jedimarley wrote: So. What is your problem with the CFF?

Tell all us little p!ssants what the all-knowing, all-wise dawg knows that we do not.
I wasn't even posting at the time but I have read enough to have an idea of what Dawg is upset about regarding the CFF fundraiser.

MY UNDERSTANDING (anything Dawg says trumps what I say) is that Dawg (and others) really enjoyed the CFF fundraiser and took great pride in it.

Something happened in August?/September? and Knight and a few other people (weren't you one of them?) chose to leave the boards.

That's fine, but Knight insisted that Greg delete every one of his posts and every topic that he started. Greg did so.

This effectively deleted all evidence of the CFF fundraiser that Dawg (and others) took great pride in.

I believe that Dawg feels that the effort belonged to the board and deleting it (or insisting that it be deleted) was improper.

I believe that is why Dawg considers the CFF fundraiser as both the best and worst of 2005.

Any more explaining is up to Dawg.

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Technique wrote:
jedimarley wrote: So. What is your problem with the CFF?

I wasn't even posting at the time but I have read enough to have an idea of what Dawg is upset about regarding the CFF fundraiser.

MY UNDERSTANDING (anything Dawg says trumps what I say) is that Dawg (and others) really enjoyed the CFF fundraiser and took great pride in it.

Something happened in August?/September? and Knight and a few other people (weren't you one of them?) chose to leave the boards.

That's fine, but Knight insisted that Greg delete every one of his posts and every topic that he started. Greg did so.

This effectively deleted all evidence of the CFF fundraiser that Dawg (and others) took great pride in.

I believe that Dawg feels that the effort belonged to the board and deleting it (or insisting that it be deleted) was improper.

I believe that is why Dawg considers the CFF fundraiser as both the best and worst of 2005.

Any more explaining is up to Dawg.
If that is the reason then way can't dawg just say that?

Technique

Post by Technique »

jedimarley wrote: If that is the reason then way can't dawg just say that?
I don't know. Because he's weird :wink:

His previous posts indicate that he believes those that were close to the issue already understand (because he has stated so) why he was/is upset about it.

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

DawgPhan wrote:
jedimarley wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:

More so WHAT you said.

Those are some rosey glasses. :roll:

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

x-omatic wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
jedimarley wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:

More so WHAT you said.

Those are some rosey glasses. :roll:
You spin it your way and I will spin it mine...

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

DawgPhan wrote:
That's cool, but which way are you spinning it? If the bottle is pointed at me, do we kiss? :?
ASM Crossover Home

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

400yrs wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
That's cool, but which way are you spinning it? If the bottle is pointed at me, do we kiss? :?
only if it is a manly viking kiss....the way that only 2 of the manliest men can kiss...

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

jedimarley wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
jedimarley wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:

More so WHAT you said.

So. What is your problem with the CFF?

I dont have a problem with CFF...Never have never will. They do great work and they are great about spending the money donated on actual research and not administrative costs. I wouldnt support a nonprofit that I didnt like. I didnt like the things that happened because of CFF.

I didnt like the direction the vcvss books took.
I didnt like knight erasing all of the posts about the cff.
I didnt like knight telling VK he didnt make a donation, he bought art. (Yes I know there was an apology made for this, but it has only happened recently and I accept that.)
I didnt like that some folks seemed to be in this for the wrong reason.
I didnt like that Knight questioned my character when I changed the number of the CFF print that I was donating to charity.
I certianly didnt like Knight questioning my integrity in public about the number of a print.
I didnt like BroJ telling that he wouldnt have bothered doing his book if it wasnt for CFF. To quote "What kind of satisfaction should I get out of putting in all that work just to do something for the Valiant fans?" I thought that is what the projects were about.

I didnt like a lot of things that went along with CFF, but dont mistake that for me not liking CFF. But there you go...I dont know what this has to do with post counts or why you think that I think I know more than everyone, but did this really change anything?

400yrs
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

DawgPhan wrote:
400yrs wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
only if it is a manly viking kiss....the way that only 2 of the manliest men can kiss...
uhhh.....Okay. As long as there is no butt-peein' involved, I'm down.
ASM Crossover Home