Tribute Song for Morgan Harrington

Board member driven topics. Participation is completely voluntary.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
Tribute Song for Morgan Harrington

Post by JonesyAZ »

Good afternoon my Valiant Friends!

I wanted to let you all know of something that i've been hard at work creating for the last few months :)

I'm not sure if you guys have heard this story, but back in 2009, Morgan Harrington was attending a Metallica concert and after going outside for a little bit, she could not get back into the venue (No Re-entry Rules). Long-story short, she tried to get a ride home, got abducted, was initially a missing person, then was found dead.

I have followed her tragic story over the years and have been praying and longing for the killer to be found and justice served :) About 6 months ago, I started having recurring dreams of being on-stage at an outside venue as a member of Metallica, playing in front of thousands of people. The third time I had the dream, I was no longer one of the existing members, but was performing along-side the band, and the song in the dream was extremely vivid and clear to me. Upon awakening, I immediately went into my office, and recorded what I heard; it was a chorus of a song.

As the weeks went by, this internal "nagging" pushed me to start writing more onto the song, and my inner voice told me that this song will be an homage to Morgan Harrington. As of this coming weekend, I am heading into the studio to begin recording the final tracks of the tune!!!

The reason I am writing to everyone is to let you know that the finished track (at the email blessing of the Harringtons!!!) will be used in some capacity to raise postive awareness for Morgan's story...the idea will be that it will be released for $1-$2 per download, all of the proceeds going to the police investigation, and to the Help Save The Next Girl foundation!

Please let me know what you guys think and if you think you would be interested in supporting me through this process :) I have a very small budget, but I believe that God/The Universe, etc. has truly directed me to do this and I am VERY excited!

More to follow! In the meantime, here are links to Morgan's story and to the Help Save The Next Girl foundation:

http://www.findmorgan.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://helpsavethenextgirl.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jonesy
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...