Boston Show, July 2005

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Boston Show, July 2005

Post by ckb »

I set up at the Boston show today. I am happy to say that I got hit up for lots of Valiants. I'd estimate I sold $250 in pre-unity and last issues, as well as another $50 in commons. It was a good day.

tcolli
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man

Post by tcolli »

Word seems to be out! :thumb:
I do chicken right!

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Word is out..... but everytime I think it's really back other things pull me from declaring it.

SDCC had it's share of Valiants but they were FAR below what I expected.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shadowmite
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Re: Boston Show, July 2005

Post by shadowmite »

ckb wrote:I set up at the Boston show today. I am happy to say that I got hit up for lots of Valiants. I'd estimate I sold $250 in pre-unity and last issues, as well as another $50 in commons. It was a good day.
What books did you find most popluar? And if you dont mind did you get guide on the pre unities?

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!
Re: Boston Show, July 2005

Post by Chuck »

ckb wrote:I set up at the Boston show today. I am happy to say that I got hit up for lots of Valiants. I'd estimate I sold $250 in pre-unity and last issues, as well as another $50 in commons. It was a good day.
How about the CGC issues? (or are the sales for CGC and raw?)

Anyways, it's cool that Valiants are getting attention :thumb:

ckb

Post by ckb »

There was some interest in the CGC 9.6 Magnus 0, CGC 9.8 Harbinger 0 pink, and the CGC 9.6 Unity Red. I told everyone intersted they were listed on ebay and gave them the price listed there. One person was interested in my CGC 9.8 X-0 #2 for $50, but he appeared to decide to spend his money on a an X-O run, buying 1-5 and 7-25 for about $30. Hard to fault him for that!!!

I sold a 9.0 copy of Harbinger 0 pink for $19. A Magnus 12 9.0 for $12, various other issues of solar and magnus for $2-$7 each. Lower grade, lower priced copies sold first. (I had two copies of every pre-unity, one VFish and one NMish, when possible). Lots looking at my Rai 3s and 4s, and Solar 10s, but no takers. Sold a Rai 2, and various 1996 late run issues for $2-$4 each.

A few things to remember about my books: Everything pre-unity and late-run is in Gerber 2mil mylars. Each is graded with a very conservative CGC like grade, and I treat them like gold. And, I price them low when I sell raw, since my interests are mainly in CGC books. All of my books have either been to CGC already, or have been weeded out by me.

So, when I get asked if I get 'guide' for them, the answer is that I'm not trying to get guide for them, so I don't know. I try to get guide for the CGC books. I got the feeling that priced much higher, and the buyers would have passed.

shadowmite

Post by shadowmite »

ckb wrote:There was some interest in the CGC 9.6 Magnus 0, CGC 9.8 Harbinger 0 pink, and the CGC 9.6 Unity Red. I told everyone intersted they were listed on ebay and gave them the price listed there. One person was interested in my CGC 9.8 X-0 #2 for $50, but he appeared to decide to spend his money on a an X-O run, buying 1-5 and 7-25 for about $30. Hard to fault him for that!!!

I sold a 9.0 copy of Harbinger 0 pink for $19. A Magnus 12 9.0 for $12, various other issues of solar and magnus for $2-$7 each. Lower grade, lower priced copies sold first. (I had two copies of every pre-unity, one VFish and one NMish, when possible). Lots looking at my Rai 3s and 4s, and Solar 10s, but no takers. Sold a Rai 2, and various 1996 late run issues for $2-$4 each.

A few things to remember about my books: Everything pre-unity and late-run is in Gerber 2mil mylars. Each is graded with a very conservative CGC like grade, and I treat them like gold. And, I price them low when I sell raw, since my interests are mainly in CGC books. All of my books have either been to CGC already, or have been weeded out by me.

So, when I get asked if I get 'guide' for them, the answer is that I'm not trying to get guide for them, so I don't know. I try to get guide for the CGC books. I got the feeling that priced much higher, and the buyers would have passed.
Thanks for the report :thumb: