San Diego 2005 Convention Updates?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Vault-Keeper
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine
San Diego 2005 Convention Updates?

Post by Vault-Keeper »

I've been getting better Con updates from Chuck at Mile High Comics, than anyone who went from the board! What's with that? Is everyone too hung-over to post? Sheesh!---Steve

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

The way I read it in chat.... they were too drunk to post.

Unfortunately, I woke up too late to make the 5 and a half hour drive in REASONABLE time. In my sleepy state, I eventually turned off the alarm clock by 5am. 30 minutes of snoozing wasn't enough. :(

~The Unblessed Soul

Vault-Keeper
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Post by Vault-Keeper »

Unblessed wrote:The way I read it in chat.... they were too drunk to post.
~The Unblessed Soul
That's great....we are being represented by a bunch of hung-over drunks. I can just picture someone calling Shooter a d i c k, & then puking on him.....

Actually, the chances are that everyone is either hung-over or drunk, so no one will notice....:)

I can imagine Greg getting home, & wondering why is backpack is filled with Archie comics....."How'd these get in here?...." :D

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

Vault-Keeper wrote:
I can imagine Greg getting home, & wondering why is backpack is filled with Archie comics....."How'd these get in here?...." :D
yeah. Knight took all his Betty & Veronica issues. :lol:

~The Unblessed Soul

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Vault-Keeper wrote:That's great....we are being represented by a bunch of hung-over drunks. I can just picture someone calling Shooter a d i c k, & then puking on him.....

Actually, the chances are that everyone is either hung-over or drunk, so no one will notice....:)

:lol:

That sounds like one hell of a fun weekend to me, though!

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

depluto wrote:
Vault-Keeper wrote:That's great....we are being represented by a bunch of hung-over drunks. I can just picture someone calling Shooter a d i c k, & then puking on him.....

"Hey Greg, did you pick up those pre-code Archie's like I asked?"

"Yeah, and I had to BEAT OFF three other guys with Cherry Poptart obsessions to do it!"
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

Vault-Keeper
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Post by Vault-Keeper »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:
depluto wrote:

"Hey Greg, did you pick up those pre-code Archie's like I asked?"

"Yeah, and I had to BEAT OFF three other guys with Cherry Poptart obsessions to do it!"

he said beat off.....heh heh heh

That reminds me of when I was a teenager. A friend of mine (who was also an amateur artist) collected Archie Comics. (Turns out he was gay, but he didn't let on about that until much later.) Anyway, he drew this very funny picture of Archie screwing Veronica on a waterbed (something that was new at the time). He had Archie saying---"Next time Ronnie, remind me to take my seasick pills...." Archie had this look on his face like he was ready to puke. It is still hilarious to me to this day! :D---Steve

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

:oops: Sorry, Jim :oops:

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

Post by dellamorte »

Maybe they all got kidnapped by the VIP lawyer. When they get back they will have the same names but different content.

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH

Post by Byrneout »

:funnypost:

daydreamscomics
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by daydreamscomics »

i called architech/justin yesterday to see how things were going, but he was in a conference and didn't call back...so i can't help update either...

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

daydreamscomics wrote:i called architech/justin yesterday to see how things were going, but he was in a conference and didn't call back...so i can't help update either...
Check the announcement thread for some small con comments from me.

/Magnus

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

Well it's time to make up our updates...

"Greg and Knight are still getting along, if you know what I mean. Meanwhile, Valiants are the hit of the convention as everyone has been coming by tables talking about them. Many dealers have sold out of pre-unity issues even though they were asking for prices that were well above ValiantComic.com price guide. CEAR, Reds and pinks all shot up to $300 each raw. Harbinger sets #1-7, Magnus 1-14 and Solar 1-11 have all been fetching triple digit prices when sold as complete sets.

The Valiant party being held was packed and honestly a huge sucess. Lots of naked babes showed up and dance with everyone regardless of how geeky they were. In fact, many comic geeks have claimed to have lost their virginity at the show! The guest were amazing and towards the end Dinesh, Shooter and Layton all stood up to announce that they will be bringing Valiant back this fall reverting back to pre-unity story lines. Each book will be only .99 a piece! :thumb: "

:D
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

:!:

MrSkills
2 posts down, 2 million to go
2 posts down, 2 million to go

Post by MrSkills »

That made me spill water out of my noes!

whetteon wrote:Well it's time to make up our updates...

"Greg and Knight are still getting along, if you know what I mean. Meanwhile, Valiants are the hit of the convention as everyone has been coming by tables talking about them. Many dealers have sold out of pre-unity issues even though they were asking for prices that were well above ValiantComic.com price guide. CEAR, Reds and pinks all shot up to $300 each raw. Harbinger sets #1-7, Magnus 1-14 and Solar 1-11 have all been fetching triple digit prices when sold as complete sets.

The Valiant party being held was packed and honestly a huge sucess. Lots of naked babes showed up and dance with everyone regardless of how geeky they were. In fact, many comic geeks have claimed to have lost their virginity at the show! The guest were amazing and towards the end Dinesh, Shooter and Layton all stood up to announce that they will be bringing Valiant back this fall reverting back to pre-unity story lines. Each book will be only .99 a piece! :thumb: "

daydreamscomics

whetteon wrote:Well it's time to make up our updates...

half of that i could believe, the other half...not so much...

i definitely believe the chris/greg part though :P

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

whetteon wrote: The guest were amazing and towards the end Dinesh, Shooter and Layton all stood up to announce that they will be bringing Valiant back this fall reverting back to pre-unity story lines. Each book will be only .99 a piece! :thumb: "

If only......

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

MrSkills wrote:That made me spill water out of my noes!
and it's not far from the truth...

Valiants were selling at high prices. Many dealers recognice that lots of people ask for the comics and the art. Most art dealers said Valiant was what everyone wanted, just one said it was a spill-over effect because other art was too expensive so people settles for Valiant and similar. The party I was told was a success and there was supposed to be women there.

/Magnus

PS, the ones who really talked positively about Valiant were the artists. Same story from all of them: "that was a great time", "I loved working there" and so on.

Eric Jackson
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Eric Jackson »

magnusr wrote: PS, the ones who really talked positively about Valiant were the artists. Same story from all of them: "that was a great time", "I loved working there" and so on.
great, cause i loved buying thier books... still do :thumb:

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Me too.

daydreamscomics

magnusr wrote:

Valiants were selling at high prices. Many dealers recognice that lots of people ask for the comics and the art. Most art dealers said Valiant was what everyone wanted, just one said it was a spill-over effect because other art was too expensive so people settles for Valiant and similar. The party I was told was a success and there was supposed to be women there.

/Magnus

PS, the ones who really talked positively about Valiant were the artists. Same story from all of them: "that was a great time", "I loved working there" and so on.
makes me wish i hadn't sold all our stuff before wizard world chicago....

who wants to sell their collection?!?!? :P

shaxper
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by shaxper »

Dude! Wait'll the world sees all the Rai and the Future Force #9s I've been saving for this occasion...

(They might be worth a while 25 cents now!)

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

shaxper wrote:Dude! Wait'll the world sees all the Rai and the Future Force #9s I've been saving for this occasion...

(They might be worth a while 25 cents now!)
Wow, they're up to a whole quarter now?

X-O HoboJoe
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

ONly if hyped right on the 'Bay . . . :!:
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

I wouldn't worry too much about Valiant being well represented at Chicago....:-)
daydreamscomics wrote:
magnusr wrote:

/Magnus

makes me wish i hadn't sold all our stuff before wizard world chicago....

who wants to sell their collection?!?!? :P