Switch to full style
Created just after the San Diego 2005 convention, this category is for discussions of past, present, and upcoming comic book conventions or events.
Post a reply

Re: WonderCon Anaheim 2017 (3/31 - 4/2)

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:13:58 am

Will be down all three days :thumb:

-Brian

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:29:10 pm

betterthanezra wrote:Will be down all three days :thumb:

-Brian

Stoked

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:06:39 pm

I want to make it for WonderCon one year. This year couldn't be it for various reasons, and usually I can't go because it falls on Easter weekend.

One year, though, I'll make it. Anaheim is fun.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:08:45 pm

I discussed with my wife the last time we went to Orlando how weird it must be to grow up in Orlando or Anaheim because everything in those towns revolves around tourist traps. Teens all work at the weirdest places like the Pirate Dinner Shows and Murder Mystery Dinner Shows and such. It must produce some really weird stories for people growing up there and a completely different view of the world. Sort of like growing up in the circus.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:09:13 pm

lorddunlow wrote:I discussed with my wife the last time we went to Orlando how weird it must be to grow up in Orlando or Anaheim because everything in those towns revolves around tourist traps. Teens all work at the weirdest places like the Pirate Dinner Shows and Murder Mystery Dinner Shows and such. It must produce some really weird stories for people growing up there and a completely different view of the world. Sort of like growing up in the circus.

I grew up in the Vegas area and was really confused when people asked us what hotel we lived in when we went on vacation.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:50:31 pm

jeremycoe wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:I discussed with my wife the last time we went to Orlando how weird it must be to grow up in Orlando or Anaheim because everything in those towns revolves around tourist traps. Teens all work at the weirdest places like the Pirate Dinner Shows and Murder Mystery Dinner Shows and such. It must produce some really weird stories for people growing up there and a completely different view of the world. Sort of like growing up in the circus.

I grew up in the Vegas area and was really confused when people asked us what hotel we lived in when we went on vacation.

Right. Just like how everyone in Alaska lives in an igloo.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:57:33 pm

Blood of Heroes wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:

Wait....they DON'T????

-Brian

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:12:24 pm

betterthanezra wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:

Wait....they DON'T????

-Brian

Yea, when I lived up there, we all sure as hell did!

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:21:39 pm

I will be there as well. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55:44 pm

Jace wrote:I will be there as well. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Now it's a Party :thumb:

-Brian

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:24:52 pm

Had a good first day. Now I'm enjoying Dodgers/Angels.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:44:25 pm

Wondercon is an awesome show. Had a great time today. Always good to see everyone from the board there. I missed the 6:00 panel, but the 12:00 digital panel was fantastic. We got to see more footage of the live action Ninjak stuff. :o :thumb:

Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:07:54 pm

Bernard Chang did this quick sketch cover for me. He wasn't doing commissions, but when I started talking about Dr Mirage he got excited and did this sketch for free!
Post a reply