Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
Re: Elveen at SDCC 2016

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Elveen wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:
Man Of The Atom wrote: Thanks it was great to meet you also, I had an awesome time! Definitely the highlight of my first trip to SDCC. Really enjoyed all of your early 90's rap quotes! :thumb:
I've known Elveen for YEARS and I'm still amazed at the quotes that come out of his mouth. Nonstop entertainment. :lol:
It has been years. Next year will be our 10th. Right?
Yeah buddy. :thumb:

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

I always have and will continue to tell people this is THE reason to come to SDCC. It is the best, the people are great, the food is awesome, the swag is unreal...winning at poker? Priceless!! Lol. This was yet again the highlight of my con...though really cool meeting Bart Sears for the first time was very special! Lol :high-five:

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

Elveen wrote:I can't express to you how absolutely amazing Jace is. He is such a generous dude. He feeds ALL of us, which is in it self something (I think there were like 25 or so of us) and the food is beyond great. I've eaten food Jace has made for me (I think) 4 times and each one has been outstanding. Last night were some of the best sandwiches I've ever had!!! I'll have to have him tell you what they were, but I can tell you yum.

Also. I don't have a picture but the poker night momento...... Wow!!!! Amazing. You dudes will be so jealous!! Serious serious swag.

Thanks for the kind words brother. the sandwiches I made were Banh Mi, which is basically the Vietnamese version of a sub sandwich. Two different kinds of cold, sliced pork, pate, mayo, sour pickled daikon and carrot, sweet pickled cucumber, cilantro and very thinly sliced jalapenos. they turned out great. Much like I do every year I made more than I thought I would need and then hooked up some creators I know on Saturday with some lunch. So many of the creators that go to the con are amazng people and it is nice to be able to give back a little. They are often stuck at their tables, without the chance to eat anything and if they do eat it is most likely horrible con food. Dawn Nauck, Todd Nauck's wife, summed it up perfectly when I saw her at the end of the day Sunday, thanking me for providing something wholesome and delicious. Being able to share something I create that is enjoyed is my way of thanking those creators I know for sharing their incredible work with me. As far as the memento goes ... it is indeed awesome. It was quite a bit more pricey than things I have done in the previous years, which means I am going to do something I have never done and open it up to the board members here. Look for the details in a separate thread.
Elveen wrote:
It has been years. Next year will be our 10th. Right?
Next year will be the 10th anniversary! I better get started on coming up with an epic recipe and figure out what memento I am going to do. It's gonna be tough to top this years.
Last edited by Jace on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Yes and I agree.

Man Of The Atom
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite artist: Ramon Villalobos

Post by Man Of The Atom »

Jace, thanks for the food it was super good!

THEWGZK
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by THEWGZK »

Those sandwiches were insanely tasty, no ingredients overpowered the others, but you could tell the difference in all the ingredients. The texture was awesome just a damn fine job sir. And of course dessert was the best, hahaha. I hope to make it to the 10th next year to indulge in what magic you create for us.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

It was a sandwich that tasted like a good bowl of pho.