Valiant at Alamo City Comic Con

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant at Alamo City Comic Con

Post by tchalla8 »

Looks like VEI will be at Alamo City Comic Con in San Antonio this year. That's an hour away, so I'm hoping to make it this time. Anyone else going?
Spooooon!!!!

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)
Re: Valiant at Alamo City Comic Con

Post by cjv »

Hmmm....4 hour drive for me. Wish it was summer instead of during the school year - then I would definitely go.

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

OK, guys, I'm going tomorrow for sure. I'll be checking out the Valiant Booth, but I need a consensus opinion on something.

Ming Na-Wen is going to be at the Con, and I have an Agents of Shield Season One hardcover book that I'm going to have her sign. Below is the link, so you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-Agents-S- ... classified" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a beautiful hardcover book of art from the show with behind the scenes production photos, and it's encased in a beautiful slipcase...almost like a coffee table book. so here's what I'm trying to figure out. Where do I have her sign on the book? I can have her sign on the slipcase where I can actually display it for all to see. Or I can have her sign it on the cover of the art book itself. The third option is to have her sign it on the interior of the front cover which is where books are traditionally signed.

Any thoughts or opinions? I'd love to know what you would do and why. I'm really having difficulty deciding.
Spooooon!!!!

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

I have noticed that my signature location preference changes with time. In my 20's I preferred for books like this to be signed where the signature could be seen by all. Bob Layton signed the slipcase cover of my Solar HC in the 90's. For your book now, I would want her to sign an interior page that I choose that prominently features her. Good luck and have fun at the show!
***Support your local farmers!***