MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT FOR VEI NEEDS YOUR COMMENTS/SUPPORT NOW

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin
Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT FOR VEI NEEDS YOUR COMMENTS/SUPPORT N

Post by slym2none »

#porchdick

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Aaaaand it's up on comicbookmoive.com now as well: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=116396
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Peter
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite character: Gilad Anni-Padda
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by Peter »

The day I see the X-O armour and Gilad on screen, will for me be the great culmination of where this announcement is heading.
Such good news.

Archer & Armstrong is the one I can't wait for the most out of the first optioned, but really any Valiant character movie will have me lining up at the cinema.

Incredible news :clap: :thumb:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Awesome news, very happy for VEI. Can't wait to see how things translate into movies.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

xodacia81 wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:I'll wait and see how the movies turn out.
They won't be Transformers, so why would you care?
Because Bay's Transformers films suck and DC's movies basically suck, and Marvel won't be able to keep their streak going forever.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Cyberstrike wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
Because Bay's Transformers films suck and DC's movies basically suck, and Marvel won't be able to keep their streak going forever.
Admitting there is life beyond Transformers is healthy.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Did anyone post the Wall Street Journal article yet? They went with a Master Darque image. I guess the 1% is too close to home. :lol:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-fil ... 1425866991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

xodacia81 wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
Admitting there is life beyond Transformers is healthy.
I never said that. The Transformers have and will be huge a part of my life, but there is A LOT more to the franchise than just Bay's 4 movies.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

hottbill
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2000
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar Man Of the Atom
Favorite writer: Alan Moore
Favorite artist: Frank Miller

Post by hottbill »

So with Solar being owned by Dynamite-key the chances of seeing Solar on screen are low aren't they? :(

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Solar isn't owned by Dynamite... it's licensed. Dark Horse had it before Dynamite. The owner is Dreamworks. Obviously, Dreamworks can make movies, and they could make a Solar movie, but it wouldn't have anything to do with Valiant.

hottbill
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar Man Of the Atom
Favorite writer: Alan Moore
Favorite artist: Frank Miller

Post by hottbill »

greg wrote:Solar isn't owned by Dynamite (sucks!)... it's licensed. Dark Horse had it before Dynamite (sucks!). The owner is Dreamworks. Obviously, Dreamworks can make movies, and they could make a Solar movie, but it wouldn't have anything to do with Valiant.
Really?? Dreamworks?? Well I can always hope for a cheesy kiddie Solar movie I guess...

QUARTZ
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by QUARTZ »

This is the very best way to get people into these comics. Watch the movie! Valiant is going to explode!

lordchiclo

Post by lordchiclo »

Woah!

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

I didn't see anyone posting the actual DMG press release.

http://www.dmg-entertainment.com/dmg-va ... -worldwide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DMG NEWS RELEASE – 9 March 2015 – New York and Beijing:

The Nine-Figure Deal Establishes an Unprecedented Partnership for Feature Film Financing, Distribution and Licensing in China and Beyond. The announcement was made at a press event in Beijing on Monday, March 9, 2015.

Valiant Entertainment – the award-winning comic book publisher with a library of more than 2,000 characters, including X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Archer & Armstrong, and more – and DMG Entertainment, the Beijing-based leader in global entertainment, today announced a new partnership to span motion pictures, television, publishing, and licensing that will culminate in the big screen debut of Valiant’s universe of characters in theaters around the world.

In conjunction with this new partnership, DMG has made an eight-figure (USD) series C round of equity investment into Valiant, which the company will use to further its efforts in international publishing, film, television, licensing and beyond. DMG has dedicated an additional nine-figures (USD) of film financing capital toward the production of theatrical films and television programs based on Valiant’s library of iconic superhero characters.

In total, the new agreement is the first deal of its kind brokered between an internationally based entertainment company and a leading independent publisher of comic books and graphic novels. Utilizing DMG’s expertise in international film development, production, and distribution, Valiant will begin to establish its cinematic universe in the United States, China and beyond. Current Valiant feature films in development include the previously announced BLOODSHOT from Sony Pictures in partnership with Original Film; SHADOWMAN in partnership with the Sean Daniel Company from a script by J. Michael Straczynski; and ARCHER & ARMSTRONG, also with the Sean Daniel Company from a script by BenDavid Grabinski; among others. Valiant has also already begun development on several television projects.

The unprecedented partnership between Valiant and DMG offers both companies the ability to develop and co-produce tent-pole theatrical films for distribution and release simultaneously in the United States, China – the world’s fastest growing film market with more than $4.8 billion in box office receipts in 2014 – and the rest of the world.

“Global markets, like China, offer the greatest opportunities for monetization from merchandising, licensing, as well as revenues from film and television properties. Comic superheroes are the most lucrative and sought after IP for movie franchises, so taking a stake in the last independent massive comic universe is a strategic investment for DMG that will produce movies and TV that are both appealing and relevant to a global audience,” said DMG CEO Dan Mintz. “We are excited by the opportunity to bring these incredibly engaging characters and their stories to the big screen.”

Beyond film alone, DMG and Valiant will work in concert to form China-focused licensing partnerships for Valiant’s stable of characters in areas such as Chinese language publishing, animation, online gaming, toys, apparel, live events, theme parks, and more, with a focus on bringing Valiant’s iconic heroes to new audiences in China and Asia-Pacific.

DMG Entertainment has a proven track record of introducing celebrated superheroes to the Chinese/international marketplace. In 2013, the Beijing-based studio and production company co-produced and co-financed Marvel Studios’ IRON MAN 3 – the highest grossing foreign film of 2013 and sixth highest of all time in China­. DMG is currently co-producing high-octane thriller AUTOBAHN, starring Anthony Hopkins, Ben Kingsley, Felicity Jones and Nicholas Hoult; and the extreme actioner POINT BREAK, directed by Ericson Core; both films will hit screens worldwide in 2015.

“Valiant’s iconic stable of intellectual property and world class management team coupled with DMG’s unmatched skill with entertainment brand building in China make a formidable partnership,” said Valiant Chairman Peter Cuneo. “We will look forward to introducing some of the most popular superheroes of all time to the world’s fastest growing market across all media forms.”

“Audiences in China and the rest of the world are hungry for heroic stories that they can more easily relate to…and with the international box office accounting for the biggest piece of the total gross, the time is right for a truly international superhero franchise. DMG will bring its unique global perspective to the task of transforming the Valiant Universe into the first international comic-movie universe,” said DMG President Wu Bing.

Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2015, Valiant is one of the most successful comic book publishing companies in the history of the medium with more than 81 million comics sold and a library of more than 2,000 distinct characters. Established by a brain trust of legendary comics creators – including former Marvel Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter; seminal Iron Man writer and artist, Bob Layton; and the visionary writer and illustrator of Wolverine: Weapon X, Barry Windsor-Smith – Valiant’s heroes and villains inhabit the largest independently owned superhero universe anywhere in comics.

Re-established in 2005 as Valiant Entertainment with a best-in-class management team that includes Chairman Peter Cuneo, CEO & Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani, COO & CFO Gavin Cuneo, President of Licensing, Promotions & Ad Sales Russell A. Brown, Publisher Fred Pierce and Vice Chairman Jason Kothari, the company returned to great commercial and critical success in 2012, winning a Diamond Gem Award for Publisher of the Year and numerous industry awards and accolades. To date, Valiant’s titles consistently rate among the best reviewed in comics.

“Today marks one of Valiant’s biggest milestones yet with a huge step towards bringing the Valiant characters to the big screen and forging the foundation of the first truly international cinematic universe,” said Valiant CEO & Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani. “By bringing Valiant’s biggest heroes to theaters around the world in concert with our new partners at DMG, we look forward to making Valiant not only an iconic name in comics, but global entertainment as well.”
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greatbrandino11
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek (Sting)

Post by greatbrandino11 »

Article from Entertainment Weekly...

Move over, #Avengers, Valiant Entertainment is getting into movies, and it might be great:

http://t.co/7NEtNCVgC0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://t.co/U2fmiFYees" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Click through the links to get to the real article. Nice! :thumb:

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek

Post by bygranddesign »

The latest movie news from Wondercon

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ll-be-made" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Yes, yes, we can guarantee a Valiant film will be made," Shamdasani said. To us, it’s not a question of will they be made, but when. And again it’s a question of quality." He compared the situation to the reemergence of Valiant as a publisher, noting that it took some time between the company reintegrating itself and the release of its first comic. "People asked us the same question: ‘will you publish comic books?’ Yes, we will publish comic books. ‘But you’re not publishing comic books.’ Because when we do they’re going to be the best damn comic books we can make. When we do the movies, they’re going to be the best damn movies we can make. We haven’t said much about them because we’re not the type of company that likes a lot of hype and hot air. We like to say, here’s what’s going to happen."

He said, though, the information about "Bloodshot" being optioned by Sony leaked "and we had to catch up a little bit." Shamdasani added that "‘Bloodshot’ is much, much further along than people think; it will shock you how far along it is."

"There is big news coming on ‘Harbinger,’ there is big news coming on ‘X-O Manowar.’ Other things have already leaked. We have things in the works that will turn people’s heads."
Bloodshot further along than we think ? :clap:

Big news on Harbinger???? And X-O Manowar??? :o :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Intrepidxc
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: LaRosa

Post by Intrepidxc »

bygranddesign wrote:The latest movie news from Wondercon

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ll-be-made" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Yes, yes, we can guarantee a Valiant film will be made," Shamdasani said. To us, it’s not a question of will they be made, but when. And again it’s a question of quality." He compared the situation to the reemergence of Valiant as a publisher, noting that it took some time between the company reintegrating itself and the release of its first comic. "People asked us the same question: ‘will you publish comic books?’ Yes, we will publish comic books. ‘But you’re not publishing comic books.’ Because when we do they’re going to be the best damn comic books we can make. When we do the movies, they’re going to be the best damn movies we can make. We haven’t said much about them because we’re not the type of company that likes a lot of hype and hot air. We like to say, here’s what’s going to happen."

He said, though, the information about "Bloodshot" being optioned by Sony leaked "and we had to catch up a little bit." Shamdasani added that "‘Bloodshot’ is much, much further along than people think; it will shock you how far along it is."

"There is big news coming on ‘Harbinger,’ there is big news coming on ‘X-O Manowar.’ Other things have already leaked. We have things in the works that will turn people’s heads."
Bloodshot further along than we think ? :clap:

Big news on Harbinger???? And X-O Manowar??? :o :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
YES! :clap: Way to go Valiant!

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Great news. Hope they hit it out of the ballpark.

victor_lanza
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Butch Guice

Post by victor_lanza »

:clap:
READINGBatman, Bloodshot, Grayson, Hellboy, Ninjak, Rai

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

victor_lanza wrote::clap:
:thumb:

Kizmitsun
Favorite character: Flamingo
Favorite artist: Bob Hall

Post by Kizmitsun »

All I can say is Woot Woot!!!!!!!
Comics are the wave of the future. It forces people to read and imagine something more then their world they know. If everyone looked pass their reality, less violence would be an issue. Comics instead of war!
Molly

Mister Nobody
paulsmith56 is my hero
paulsmith56 is my hero
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by Mister Nobody »

More than a little excited for this! I have a sister who works at a movie theater and I've already told her that when the time comes I want all the promo stuff she can get her hands on!
........................................m i s t e r..........n o b o d y..........t a l k s..........t o..........t h e..........d e a d.........................................

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Mister Nobody wrote:More than a little excited for this! I have a sister who works at a movie theater and I've already told her that when the time comes I want all the promo stuff she can get her hands on!
Cool idea. Hopefully she can grab you some neat stuff.

Brother Darque
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Brother Darque »