SDCC 2015

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: SDCC 2015

Post by Chiclo »

Blood of Heroes wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Jace wrote:Parking is by far the biggest headache at SDCC. I must've spent $150 on parking and that was with a free pass for Saturday and Sunday.
That is one thing I always have a hard time with in cities. Pay to park? What is up with that?
Render unto Caesar...
Parking is in some way depicted on our coinage?
The reverse of a nickel has a fancy parking structure on it.
Monticello is... a parking structure?

I should pay to park... in nickels? But I keep all my nickels. All of them.

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

This thread has gotten a little :screwy: lol

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Chiclo wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Jace wrote:Parking is by far the biggest headache at SDCC. I must've spent $150 on parking and that was with a free pass for Saturday and Sunday.
That is one thing I always have a hard time with in cities. Pay to park? What is up with that?
Render unto Caesar...
Parking is in some way depicted on our coinage?
The reverse of a nickel has a fancy parking structure on it.
Monticello is... a parking structure?
Yes, but only us Stonecutters know about it.

THEWGZK
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by THEWGZK »

1st SDCC 2015 pass I've seen on ebay for a 1000.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/141655107478?nav=SEARCH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And Parking for 270.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/221760270026?nav=SEARCH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramses818
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

That's so crazy. I wonder if they wil get it? :?

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Ramses818 wrote:That's so crazy. I wonder if they wil get it? :?

I've seen tix sell for that before. But I would be VERY careful about selling tix on ebay.

SDCC = "Homey don't play that!"

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Elveen wrote:
Ramses818 wrote:That's so crazy. I wonder if they wil get it? :?

I've seen tix sell for that before. But I would be VERY careful about selling tix on ebay.

SDCC = "Homey don't play that!"
If your caught selling a badge like this on Ebay (which is against Ebay policy BTW) you will be banned from buying tickets in the future...

Meaning not worth it.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elveen
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

betterthanezra wrote:
Meaning not worth it.

-Brian
X 1,000,000

THEWGZK

Post by THEWGZK »

Yeah I'm sure that fella will get what he wants but a g-bar is a little outta my price range for a ticket. I didn't know about ebay policy but I know SDCC policy is pretty clear about selling tickets, as in its a big no-no.

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

Yeah selling SDCC tickets on feeBay is just asking for trouble. The VAST majority of tickets I see sold are on Craigslist. Still it is a risky endeavor and it just goes to show you how crazy out of control SDCC has gotten now that comic properties and superheroes have gone so mainstream. It wasn't that long ago you could walk up and buy tickets the day of the show you wanted to attend!!! Like most things in life there are both positive and negative aspects to it. The huge popularity of comics and their characters is what makes awesoem comic movies and tv shows possible, on the other hand, life long comic fans not being able to get badges to the biggest comic convention doesn't sit well with me.Ah well. such is life.

On a more positive note, it is just a couple months away and I can't wait to see you all's ugly mugs!

Additionally Phoenix Comic Con is coming up in just a few weeks, I am goign to start a thread to see who is showing up. Unless there is one already. I remember Chiclo saying he was thinking about attending.

THEWGZK

Post by THEWGZK »

Haha I never thought to check craigslist. I can also remember walking up and buying tickets to SDCC. I think it was 05 or 06 when I started buying my tickets for next year at the show. Then I think it was 09 when tickets for the 2010 show sold out at the convention center thus ushering in the limited pre-sale which then gave birth to the sh!ty online only reg. Oh well as much as I hate how popular and crowded it has become it is so magnetic it's hard to not want to go and enjoy it in all its splendor.

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

THEWGZK wrote:Haha I never thought to check craigslist. I can also remember walking up and buying tickets to SDCC. I think it was 05 or 06 when I started buying my tickets for next year at the show. Then I think it was 09 when tickets for the 2010 show sold out at the convention center thus ushering in the limited pre-sale which then gave birth to the sh!ty online only reg. Oh well as much as I hate how popular and crowded it has become it is so magnetic it's hard to not want to go and enjoy it in all its splendor.

Yep that is exactly what I am saying. Used to be no big thing. Still once you go you want to be there every year.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

So, finally I feel like I can join the conversation and start getting really excited! We finally finagled our plane tickets (they were still waaay too expensive) and rental cars last night and this morning. We decided to make a full vacation of it, so I'm really stoked.

We'll be flying out the evening of the 3rd to Anaheim and doing 2-3 at Disneyland and then driving to Carlsbad for 1-2 days at Legoland. My son is super excited about it!

Then, after that fun stuff, we'll be heading to San Diego on Wednesday to check into the SDCC hotel we booked. I can't believe this is really happening!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:cloud9:
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

lorddunlow wrote:So, finally I feel like I can join the conversation and start getting really excited! We finally finagled our plane tickets (they were still waaay too expensive) and rental cars last night and this morning. We decided to make a full vacation of it, so I'm really stoked.

We'll be flying out the evening of the 3rd to Anaheim and doing 2-3 at Disneyland and then driving to Carlsbad for 1-2 days at Legoland. My son is super excited about it!

Then, after that fun stuff, we'll be heading to San Diego on Wednesday to check into the SDCC hotel we booked. I can't believe this is really happening!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mazel tov! Sounds like an amazing trip even without SDCC! Looking forward to finally meeting you man! :high-five:

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:So, finally I feel like I can join the conversation and start getting really excited! We finally finagled our plane tickets (they were still waaay too expensive) and rental cars last night and this morning. We decided to make a full vacation of it, so I'm really stoked.

Mazel tov! Sounds like an amazing trip even without SDCC! Looking forward to finally meeting you man! :high-five:
I'm really excited. I didn't want to talk about it until we locked up our plane tickets so as to not jinx it.

Definitely looking forward to meeting you and everyone else!

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

I'd like to sell my SDCC Parking pass. Got parking for all days, Wednesday through Sunday.
However, a friend of mine just confirmed that I can park at his place the whole week, so I don't need the parking pass.
It's for the Horton Plaza parking lot. It cost me $150, so I'm looking for that from anyone interested.
Either reply, or PM me if interested.
Thanks!

Crush40
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Damn, too many to pick.
Favorite title: Harbinger Wars

Post by Crush40 »

Anybody got a badge for Saturday that they don't want to use or want anymore?

Really want to go to Valiants panels on Saturday.

betterthanezra
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Crush40 wrote:Anybody got a badge for Saturday that they don't want to use or want anymore?

Really want to go to Valiants panels on Saturday.
That's going to be nearly impossible

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VanHook
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant? I was there!

Post by VanHook »

Just letting people know that I'm actually going to be set up at SDCC this year-- I'll be in Artists' Alley FF-09. I'll be signing, doing sketches and selling original art as well as some of my comics and DVDs of films I've written and directed.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Best,
Kevin VanHook
Attachments
KV Business Card-Flat-half.jpg
KV Business Card-Flat-half.jpg (181.06 KiB) Viewed 5564 times
I had a dream that I was falling through time. I am falling still.

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

VanHook wrote:Just letting people know that I'm actually going to be set up at SDCC this year-- I'll be in Artists' Alley FF-09. I'll be signing, doing sketches and selling original art as well as some of my comics and DVDs of films I've written and directed.

Best,
Kevin VanHook
Was already planning on swinging by! Looking forward to meeting you. Thanks for all your work!

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

VanHook wrote:Just letting people know that I'm actually going to be set up at SDCC this year-- I'll be in Artists' Alley FF-09. I'll be signing, doing sketches and selling original art as well as some of my comics and DVDs of films I've written and directed.

Best,
Kevin VanHook
This is wonderful news for those who are going. Looking forward to the reports.

/Magnus

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

getting excited! this will be the first year going alone in 7 years.

IT'S ALL MINE!

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

I'm heeeeeeeere!

So, I'm very excited. I'll probably be flying solo tomorrow as I wiped the family out.

Flew into Anaheim on Friday. Went to Disneyland Saturday and Sunday. California Adventure Monday. Pretty much stayed past closing at Disneyland both nights with a 4 year old.

Drove Tuesday morning to Carlsbad for Legoland. Spent 6 hours at water park there, then rode some ride in the evening until they closed (only open until 8pm). Checked into crappy hotel we paid more for than either at Disneyland or SDCC. Slept. Got up this morning and drove to San Diego.

Hopefully I can get us all registered tonight. Only have an hour and a half left. Going to catch shuttle in a bit.

I totally running on adrenaline. Much excite!

Blood of Heroes

Post by Blood of Heroes »

lorddunlow wrote:I'm heeeeeeeere!

So, I'm very excited. I'll probably be flying solo tomorrow as I wiped the family out.

Flew into Anaheim on Friday. Went to Disneyland Saturday and Sunday. California Adventure Monday. Pretty much stayed past closing at Disneyland both nights with a 4 year old.

Drove Tuesday morning to Carlsbad for Legoland. Spent 6 hours at water park there, then rode some ride in the evening until they closed (only open until 8pm). Checked into crappy hotel we paid more for than either at Disneyland or SDCC. Slept. Got up this morning and drove to San Diego.

Hopefully I can get us all registered tonight. Only have an hour and a half left. Going to catch shuttle in a bit.

Holy crap! You're doing this vacation right, that's for sure!

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

Blood of Heroes wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:I'm heeeeeeeere!

Holy crap! You're doing this vacation right, that's for sure!
or wrong! ha well i guess when you have kids you have to do things other than sleep and read on vacation.