Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall
Louisiana Comic Con - Shreveport, LA - Feb 21, 2015

Post by Heath »

http://louisianacomiccon.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOUISIANA COMIC CON
February 21, 2015 – Bossier Civic Center – Bossier City / Shreveport, LA

Guests

GREG BURNHAM
Greg Burnham is an author and father of two, who resides in Atlanta, Georgia. This Bossier High School graduate, has two books (Broken Glass, and Grandpa’s Shoes) published, and is in the process of completing his third. These “Read With Me” books are designed to encourage family reading time, and to open healthy lines of communication regarding core values and moral foundations.

A volunteer baseball/basketball coach, Greg has great personal interest in the success of our youth. He believes that, if given the proper tools, our children can achieve just about anything. There’s no better time to reach them than while their minds and hearts are still developing.

“Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation.” C. Everett Koop

SCOTT SCHWARTZ
Starring in arguably one of the greatest holiday movie marathons each year as Flick in A Christmas Story, Scott has also appeared as spoiled rich kid Eric Bates in The Toy with Richard Pryor and Jackie Gleason, as well as business minded entrepreneur Dickie Cessna in KIDCO.

MARCUS WILLIAMS
Your friendly neighborhood feline illustrator, Marcus Williams is the man behind the pencils you see throughout the Hero Cats comics. A long time lover of comic art and all things super, his involvement with this great book was simply a matter of time. He would tell you that he’s never really studied feline anatomy in his years as a young artist, but who knew that drawing all those super heroes would lead to drawing Hero Cats!

Stationed in Atlanta Ga, he spends his time toiling away late nights as a professional illustrator. A proud father of two, he somehow manages to steal enough time to create loads of artwork and check homework. He’s excited about the direction Hero Cats is heading in, and looks forward to creating more stories to enjoy.

KODY CHAMBERLAIN
Kody Chamberlain spends most of his time in the entertainment arts creating idea-driven work for comic books, feature films, animations, video games, and television. Credits include DC Comics, HarperCollins, IDW Publishing, Image Comics, 20th Century FOX, LucasArts, Marvel Comics, MTV, MTV Comics, Mulholland Books, Sony Pictures, 12 Gauge Comics, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros.

In addition to his work in entertainment, Kody also does consulting, workshops, and demonstrations on the subject of creativity. Credits include CTN Animation Expo, HOW Design Live, INNOV8, Modbook, Macworld, iFest, Wizard World Comic Con, as well as major universities and AdFed/AIGA groups throughout the United States.

TRINA NISHIMURA
Brandishing her voice just as Mikasa wields her blade; Trina Nishimura has sliced her way through the Anime world over the past few years, primarily working with FUNimation Entertainment.

From meager beginnings as the little hungry girl Namiko in Desert Punk, to her much anticipated and lauded appearance as Mikasa Ackerman in Attack on Titan; Nishimura’s agile voice has brought her critical acclaim, and unprecedented fan support.

ROB GUILLORY
Rob Guillory is an Eisner Award-winning American comic book artist. Born, raised, and based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Guillory is most known for his art on CHEW, published by Image Comics.

CHEW has been nominated for two Harvey Awards (including Best New Talent for Guillory), two Eagle Awards, and was the winner of an Eisner Award for Best New Series in 2010.

SAM DE LA ROSA
Sam de la Rosa has done finished art/inks for Marvel Comics, DC Comics, and other companies since 1982. In 1989 at Dark Horse Comics, Sam worked on the 1st Predator comic. His Marvel credits include Spider-Man, Venom, Carnage, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Dare Devil, Star Wars, Hulk, X-Men, and others. He’s worked on Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Star Trek, and more for DC.

RCSIXTYFOUR
Haiden Hazard, aka Rcsixtyfour, is a cosplayer from east Alabama who began cosplaying early 2012. Quickly she discovered how much she enjoyed conventions, cosplaying and crafting outfits from scratch. She feels that she has only scratched the surface of what she is able to accomplish in the cosplay world. Haiden has won many cosplay contests, not only for her outfits, but for her props as well. She has been featured in many newspapers, news reports for conventions and she has even been spotlighted on Heroes of Cosplay.

KRYSTLE STARR
Krystle Starr is a Texas cosplayer, model, actress, and editor-in-chief of Samaze magazine. Since first entering the cosplay world in 2010, her costumes have been featured all over the internet. Most well-known for her Captain America body paint, She-Ra Princess of Power and Female Comedian, she also creates and teaches a variety of art in all different mediums. She has been featured as a guest at several conventions, held panels and judged costume contests.

BRUTUS “THE BARBER” BEEFCAKE
As the flamboyant hairdresser who clipped the locks of WWE rivals in the ’80s and early ’90s with his trademark shears, Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake was all about two things — cuttin’ and struttin’.

A marquee Superstar during WWE’s Ronald Reagan–era boom period, The Barber battled rivals like The Honky Tonk Man and Mr. Perfect and competed in main event matches alongside his good friend, Hulk Hogan, at SummerSlam ’89 and WrestleMania IX.

ROLAND PARIS
Roland Paris has been a professional artist and comic book inker for over 20 years. He studied at and graduated with a degree in illustration from Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, FL.

Roland is currently an inker for Marvel Entertainment, and has worked on titles such as Amazing Spider-Man, Dark X-Men : The Confession, Uncanny X-Force and Ms. Marvel, as well as many other titles. He has also worked with DC Comics, Image, Top Cow, Chaos and was on staff at CrossGen for three years.

Roland has inked and worked with numerous pencillers such as Paul Pelletier, Steve Epting, Jimmy Chueng, Aaron Lopresti, Greg Tocchini, Ivan Reis,Tom Grummet and many others.

Roland is also a graphic designer, and paints pinups in his spare time.

THEODUS CRANE
Actor, comedian, lover, fighter, wordsmith, liver of life, doer of things, Theodus is best known for playing Big Tiny on Season Three of AMC’s The Walking Dead.

BRIAN STEWARD
Brian Steward is an artist, writer, filmmaker, and radio host from Texas. He is a feature writer and artist for Fangoria and is working on Fangoria’s recently resurrected sister publication, GoreZone, as a centerfold and cover artist, as well as a columnist for Delirium magazine.

Every Tuesday night at 8 p.m. Central on horrorradionetwork.com, he hosts his own live radio show, “A Bunch of B.S. with Brian Steward”. Every week Brian welcomes guests from the fields of film, music and art. Past guests include cast members of AMC’s The Walking Dead, Friday The 13th, Dawn Of The Dead, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, as well as members of the bands KISS, Danzig, Type O Negative, The Misfits and Ratt.

In the past, his work has been seen in Playboy Magazine, Pro Wrestling Illustrated, on “LIVE! with Regis and Kelly” and in numerous comics, video games and magazines. Currently, Brian is in pre-production on his own film, Elephant Man of War with Laurence Harvey (The Human Centipede 1&2), Theo Crane (AMC’s The Walking Dead) and producer, Arlene Sidaris.

MARY KATE SMITH
Mary Kate Smith graduated from Mississippi State University in Aerospace Engineering with a concentration in Astronautics this past fall. Recently she was a contestant on Season 2 of TBS’ King of the Nerds. She has led the award winning MSU Space Cowboys and is an avid space enthusiast, presenting at many aerospace conferences. Her other hobbies include: costuming, tabletop/board gaming, and armored combat in the Society of Creative Anachronism.

BELA, A GREAT THIEF
Bela is a 1967 Chevrolet Impala meticulously built to replicate the Impala fans have loved for the past decade on the show Supernatural. In fact, Bela is the only Impala used on the show that resides in the United States (all the others are in Canada where the show is filmed). And to correct whoever was saying it was some guys car, it isn’t! Just a very particular and detail oriented female who happens to love the show and also love old cars! Bela’s owner, Stefany Torres, is extremely proud of Bela and can’t wait for other fans to see her.

BRANDON BADEAUX
Brandon attended the Savannah College of Art and Design, where he majored in sequential art. While still in college, he got his first assignment from DC, drawing ‘Superman: Man of Steel.’ He also worked on titles like ‘Harley Quinn,’ ‘Green Lantern,’ ‘Weapon X,’ ‘Marrow,’ and ‘G.I. Joe,’ before landing at Dark Horse to work on their ‘Star Wars’ titles, including ‘Star Wars: Republic,’ ‘Star Wars: Empire,’ ‘Star Wars: Rebellion’ and the ‘Nomad’ mini-series in Star Wars Tales. Later, he returned to DC to work on such titles as Gears of War, Resident Evil, Wetworks, and the Authority before being chosen to design villains for the Arkham City video game.
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
Re: Louisiana Comic Con - Shreveport, LA - Feb 21, 2015

Post by Elveen »

Rob is one of my favorites.

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

I would love to get my Q&W variant CGC ss by him! , and of course ask about the greatest fight in Animal history!! Goat vs Poyo! Yes I know what happened to Poyo, but you can not keep a good chicken down!

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

The only 2 guests I recognized were Rob Guillory, and Brutus The Barber Beefcake... Great show....

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:The only 2 guests I recognized were Rob Guillory, and Brutus The Barber Beefcake... Great show....
Back in the day, BtB was the man!

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Elveen wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:The only 2 guests I recognized were Rob Guillory, and Brutus The Barber Beefcake... Great show....
The way he betrayed nWo Hollywood, the Disciple is dead to me.

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Chiclo wrote:
Elveen wrote:
The way he betrayed nWo Hollywood, the Disciple is dead to me.
that's understandable.

Here are few things I've read recently that you will enjoy.

Royal rumble history:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/royal ... ve-austin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

interview with Triple H
http://grantland.com/features/an-interv ... -triple-h/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highly recommended reads. The Triple H one is great.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

I would LOVE to go to this show... but I can't. :cry:

My daughter's 4th birthday is the same day and I rank her (slightly) above comics. :D

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

greg wrote:I would LOVE to go to this show... but I can't. :cry:

My daughter's 4th birthday is the same day and I rank her (slightly) above comics. :D
Well said. :thumb: Damn priorities.....
***Support your local farmers!***

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

greg wrote:I would LOVE to go to this show... but I can't. :cry:

Slacker! Lol :twisted:

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente

Post by Heath »

They announced an additional guest. Some guy from some show I've never seen called Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Heath wrote:They announced an additional guest. Some guy from some show I've never seen called Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
meh, it's just Xander.

Heath
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente

Post by Heath »

Chiclo wrote:
Heath wrote:They announced an additional guest. Some guy from some show I've never seen called Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
meh, it's just Xander.
I don't even know what that is.

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

Heath wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
meh, it's just Xander.
I don't even know what that is.
:lol: :lol: