ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI
Re: Wonder Con 2015

Post by ilzuccone »

Jace wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
Jace wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
Jace wrote:Well it looks like I am not getting a press pass, since it's tomorrow and I haven't heard one way or another. Ridiculous to have not heard one way or the other.
is there a number you can call? or just show up and see what happens. seems like wonder con gives free passes out like candy on halloween.

I have sent repeated e-mails with no response. I am just going to stop by there Saturday or Sunday morning if I can and try to get in, if not I will just continue on my way back to central CA. I literally will be driving right by it, so if I can't get in, it will be no big deal.
you should let it be known if you're there AND you can't get in. There might be ways to help out. Not from me personally, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were extra badges to be had somehow.
Will do
good point. wasn't planning on going saturday but just saw that valiant has a saturday panel. might end up going to that and i might have an extra badge my lady won't be using... :hm:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

ilzuccone wrote:
Jace wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
Jace wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
Jace wrote:Well it looks like I am not getting a press pass, since it's tomorrow and I haven't heard one way or another. Ridiculous to have not heard one way or the other.
is there a number you can call? or just show up and see what happens. seems like wonder con gives free passes out like candy on halloween.

I have sent repeated e-mails with no response. I am just going to stop by there Saturday or Sunday morning if I can and try to get in, if not I will just continue on my way back to central CA. I literally will be driving right by it, so if I can't get in, it will be no big deal.
you should let it be known if you're there AND you can't get in. There might be ways to help out. Not from me personally, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were extra badges to be had somehow.
Will do
good point. wasn't planning on going saturday but just saw that valiant has a saturday panel. might end up going to that and i might have an extra badge my lady won't be using... :hm:
Wait. What kind of wierd invatation is this Pumpkin?

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

Elveen wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
Jace wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
Jace wrote:
ilzuccone wrote: is there a number you can call? or just show up and see what happens. seems like wonder con gives free passes out like candy on halloween.

Will do
:hm: :hm:

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

ilzuccone wrote:
Elveen wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
Jace wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
Jace wrote:
Will do
Does that make Jace, Cinderella?
See all you fools in a few hours!

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
Elveen wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
Jace wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote: you should let it be known if you're there AND you can't get in. There might be ways to help out. Not from me personally, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were extra badges to be had somehow.
Will do
Does that make Jace, Cinderella?
See all you fools in a few hours!

I am going on record as saying i will NOT wear any glass slippers!

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

I now want someone to draw this.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

Day 1 was fun. So good seeing the WCVC! The first panel was funny because right before we went in I was asking about the "wedding of the centuries" that was posted on Facebook, and we walk in and they talk about it! And hopefully we will have a new member, his normal online I.D. Is "Ronin" and he is new to the Valiant Universe and I helped him pick out trades to help him get started, and wrote this website on his badge! Lol everyone was talking about Valiant on the floor. Very very cool stuff!

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Biggest day for valiant back issues ever. Ten times the biggest day.
Lots of peeps lookng for and buying valiant.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

Ramses818 wrote:Day 1 was fun. So good seeing the WCVC! The first panel was funny because right before we went in I was asking about the "wedding of the centuries" that was posted on Facebook, and we walk in and they talk about it! And hopefully we will have a new member, his normal online I.D. Is "Ronin" and he is new to the Valiant Universe and I helped him pick out trades to help him get started, and wrote this website on his badge! Lol everyone was talking about Valiant on the floor. Very very cool stuff!
was ronin the guy that was siting towards the back on the left side (facing the stage)? he asked a question and seemed to be really pumped about the community.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

Elveen wrote:Biggest day for valiant back issues ever. Ten times the biggest day.
Lots of peeps lookng for and buying valiant.
awesome.

i threw in a couple bucks towards that :thumb:

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

i was really excited about the 29 issues of bloodshot on the menu.

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Ramses818 wrote:And hopefully we will have a new member, his normal online I.D. Is "Ronin" and he is new to the Valiant Universe and I helped him pick out trades to help him get started, and wrote this website on his badge!
Aren't you supposed to write it on his arm in lipstick? :banana:

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Blood of Heroes wrote:
Ramses818 wrote:And hopefully we will have a new member, his normal online I.D. Is "Ronin" and he is new to the Valiant Universe and I helped him pick out trades to help him get started, and wrote this website on his badge!
Yeah it was supposed to be in lipstick... :thumb:

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

betterthanezra wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:
Yeah it was supposed to be in lipstick... :thumb:

-Brian
Sorry guys I left mine in the car and it melted! :o and you all know I wear nothing if I can't wear my "too hot for you!". :D

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

ilzuccone wrote:
Ramses818 wrote:Day 1 was fun. So good seeing the WCVC! The first panel was funny because right before we went in I was asking about the "wedding of the centuries" that was posted on Facebook, and we walk in and they talk about it! And hopefully we will have a new member, his normal online I.D. Is "Ronin" and he is new to the Valiant Universe and I helped him pick out trades to help him get started, and wrote this website on his badge! Lol everyone was talking about Valiant on the floor. Very very cool stuff!
was ronin the guy that was siting towards the back on the left side (facing the stage)? he asked a question and seemed to be really pumped about the community.
That is indeed the guy. :high-five:

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

Day 2. Man what a turn out! That was a big audience. Valiant is the big dog right now. It's amazing how many people are still finding out about them. But on the plus side, at least they are still coming. And that's always good news. :thumb: .

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Ramses818 wrote:Day 2. Man what a turn out! That was a big audience. Valiant is the big dog right now. It's amazing how many people are still finding out about them. But on the plus side, at least they are still coming. And that's always good news. :thumb: .
Lots of opportunity to spread the word about Valiant.

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

More importantly, great seeing the WCVC, and hanging whenever there was an opportunity.
Not going back today, but really like this show.
Strange how they changed the artists alley/small press layout. But, I suppose it made logistic sense, more so than last year.
I gushed all over Dysart like a total fanboy meeting an A-List celebrity. The dude was just gracious, and took it like a pro. I was a blubbery mess, but I am just so impressed with his work.

Blood of Heroes

Yesterday was a blast. It's always a good time hanging out with friends and meeting new board members. :thumb:

And I'm right there with you being at a loss for words around Dysart. He wanted to know what I thought of Imperium 3 and I was unable to put it into words. That guy and his work are simply amazing.

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

So glad I was able to stop by from noon til 7 on Saturday. A big shout/thank you to ilzuccone for the badge. Ramses I missed you somehow on Saturday, did you leave after the panel? I also heard quite a buzz about Valiant around the con, lots of people talking bout that movie deal. The VH1 books I saw were ridiculous. $250 for a Harby #1, c'mon man that is outrageous, but some guys were paying it. It looked like a great show, even better than last year. I wish circumstances had allowed me to to have more than a quick pit-stop so I could have done the show right, but still it was great time. I recommend this show highly to anyone who wants to go to SDCC but can't make it or get badges. This is the next closest thing to it.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

Jace wrote:So glad I was able to stop by from noon til 7 on Saturday. A big shout/thank you to ilzuccone for the badge. Ramses I missed you somehow on Saturday, did you leave after the panel? I also heard quite a buzz about Valiant around the con, lots of people talking bout that movie deal. The VH1 books I saw were ridiculous. $250 for a Harby #1, c'mon man that is outrageous, but some guys were paying it. It looked like a great show, even better than last year. I wish circumstances had allowed me to to have more than a quick pit-stop so I could have done the show right, but still it was great time. I recommend this show highly to anyone who wants to go to SDCC but can't make it or get badges. This is the next closest thing to it.
:thumb:

yeah it was bigger than last year right? i remember only two sections being open before. For sure hit this up if you can't make sdcc

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

Jace wrote:So glad I was able to stop by from noon til 7 on Saturday. A big shout/thank you to ilzuccone for the badge. Ramses I missed you somehow on Saturday, did you leave after the panel? I also heard quite a buzz about Valiant around the con, lots of people talking bout that movie deal. The VH1 books I saw were ridiculous. $250 for a Harby #1, c'mon man that is outrageous, but some guys were paying it. It looked like a great show, even better than last year. I wish circumstances had allowed me to to have more than a quick pit-stop so I could have done the show right, but still it was great time. I recommend this show highly to anyone who wants to go to SDCC but can't make it or get badges. This is the next closest thing to it.
Yeah Jace, sorry I missed you. I took the kids to Disneyland! I actually felt this years show was smaller than last. It was very interesting though. Lots of fun.

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

His seems huge!

http://sdccblog.com/2015/04/wondercon-m ... -for-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

I talked to some Comic con employees, the LA move is most likely a one year move.
They love anahiem, but they are doing some work on the convention center, maybe another massive parking structure.

The dude also mentioned that SDCC might be moving to anahiem if San D does not get it's act together.

Blood of Heroes

You really think they'd have both conventions at the same place, a couple months apart from eachother?