You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clay Mann
Re: WonderCon 2014 - April 18 to 20, Anaheim CA

Post by Jace »

Yes it was a great show for sure. Seeing board members and hanging for a bit with them was a highlight for sure. Hoping Chiclo & Mrs. Chiclo come back soon. Got to see Elveen, BTE, BoH, Elery and Ramses too, as well as meet Bone-a-fach-ee for the first time. I spend so much time getting sketches I usually don't get to spend as much time at the Valiant booth as I'd like, but that's just the nature of conventions. I am the type of person who tries to cram as much as I can in my short time there. I have met and talked to so many creators in the last few years, I always try to touch base with everyone and that also takes up so much time. Plus I had the whole family there too and those of you who have seen my daughter know how irresistible she is, so I have to spend time with her too. When we took her to Disneyland Sunday Queen Elsa ad Princess Anna wanted to take their picture with her, rather than the other way around. They jusy gushed over how cute she is, it was quite something to see. Here's a picture;

url=https://flic.kr/p/ngC8Dm]Image[/url]QEPA by The Comic Source, on Flickr

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

Great time at WonderCon this past weekend! Great to see Elveen, Sean, Jordan, GREG, my main man Elery, Ramses and meet Chiclo/Mrs. Chiclo. I saw BTE around the con, too but didn't get a chance to say hello. Spent most of my time at the con getting autographs and a few sketches in my Marvel book. Wish there was time for more, and wish I could have gone to the Drink N' Meet on Saturday evening but family obligations pulled me away. Hoping there's another SDCC poker party where we can hang out.

Didn't really buy too much overall. My brother got some Star Wars film cell cards he was looking for. Tried looking for a copy of the first appearance of Carol Danvers - found 1 or 2, but they were in pretty ragged condition for the asking price. I was late to the VEI panel 'cause Chris Dingess was signing at the Skybound booth but it was cool to meet him and get his auto on my Manifest Destiny's. Also was great to meet/talk to Mark Waid and Kelly Sue DeConnick, as well as the VEI crew at their booth.

Here's my favorite sketch I got this weekend - old school Storm by Bernard Chang:

I love me some Bernard Chang. It was cool to talk to him, as well.
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Finally made it home. The airline cancelled my flight Monday and kept us in California for another night. I never was so happy to be in Denver in my life. Then the airline lost my luggage. I may have exaggerated when I said it was filled with rare and valuable art but there were several pieces that fit both descriptions to some degree or another. Nonetheless I did get my suitcase back today. There were complications on the drive to the airport as well.

I did get my Mr. Pibb. They had it at the food court in the hotel.

It was a great time other than the travel problems.

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

Chiclo wrote:Finally made it home. The airline cancelled my flight Monday and kept us in California for another night. I never was so happy to be in Denver in my life. Then the airline lost my luggage. I may have exaggerated when I said it was filled with rare and valuable art but there were several pieces that fit both descriptions to some degree or another. Nonetheless I did get my suitcase back today. There were complications on the drive to the airport as well.

I did get my Mr. Pibb. They had it at the food court in the hotel.

It was a great time other than the travel problems.
Glad to hear that you, Mrs. Chiclo and your luggage finally arrived back safely in the great state of Texas. Cool to meet you in person Chiclo, I hope next time we get to hang out a bit more and talk comics.