MotorCity May 18-20

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
MotorCity May 18-20

Post by dellamorte »

anyone going? I'll be hanging in artist alley all weekend with Man of God #1 and prints (maybe an issue #2 ashcan as well).

schnuth
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1802
Favorite title: Harbinger
Re: MotorCity May 18-20

Post by schnuth »

dellamorte wrote:anyone going? I'll be hanging in artist alley all weekend with Man of God #1 and prints (maybe an issue #2 ashcan as well).
I'm planning being there on Saturday. I'll be sure to swing past and check out your book. :thumb:

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Looks like I AM going to be there today, sometime. We really should all come up with a secret handshake or something, :lol:

dellamorte

Post by dellamorte »

Show was dead on Friday. I've never seem a con with so few people walking around. Good news is that there should be lots of deals to be had. Hope to meet some vf friends today.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

So, I went to the con yesterday. Met a bunch of cool people. And then I met Della. (I jest, I jest! He's awesome!)

It was busy. Not as busy as I've seen it in other years, but the 45 minute wait for a slice of pizza and root beer was a pain in the neck. Got to speak with a bevy of awesome talents. Ethan Van Sciver, Mike Grell, Bill Tucci, Chrissie Zullo, and Joe Staton, among others. Literally bumped into Billy Mumy. Or, rather, he backed into me while I was speaking to somebody else. Just a really fun time. I didn't get a lot of comics-for my needs, the pickings were slim (although there was a really cool DW booth, but it had gotten picked over the previous day, apparently) and I just wanted to soak in the whole thing.

There were some non-comics people I got to speak with that were just stunningly good folk, real down to earth, friendly and open/eager to share their experiences in their fields. One was a former writer on The Odd Couple, and another one works on Family Guy.

Now, for our very own Della: Folks, you have GOT to check out Man of God. Please please please. The covers and stories and all that good stuff coming up? You are going to be left waaay behind. For those of you who live south, do go see the Louisville con, if you can. Check out the MOG booth. You'll see some really cool *SQUEE*, folks. Oh, and if you are in the area, today, and can get there before closing at 6 pm, check it out tonight. Last day. Section A4. Artist Alley.

Anyhow, that's the short version of my visit. Great time.

dellamorte

Post by dellamorte »

xodacia81 wrote:So, I went to the con yesterday. Met a bunch of cool people. And then I met Della. (I jest, I jest! He's awesome!)

It was busy. Not as busy as I've seen it in other years, but the 45 minute wait for a slice of pizza and root beer was a pain in the neck. Got to speak with a bevy of awesome talents. Ethan Van Sciver, Mike Grell, Bill Tucci, Chrissie Zullo, and Joe Staton, among others. Literally bumped into Billy Mumy. Or, rather, he backed into me while I was speaking to somebody else. Just a really fun time. I didn't get a lot of comics-for my needs, the pickings were slim (although there was a really cool DW booth, but it had gotten picked over the previous day, apparently) and I just wanted to soak in the whole thing.

There were some non-comics people I got to speak with that were just stunningly good folk, real down to earth, friendly and open/eager to share their experiences in their fields. One was a former writer on The Odd Couple, and another one works on Family Guy.

Now, for our very own Della: Folks, you have GOT to check out Man of God. Please please please. The covers and stories and all that good stuff coming up? You are going to be left waaay behind. For those of you who live south, do go see the Louisville con, if you can. Check out the MOG booth. You'll see some really cool *SQUEE*, folks. Oh, and if you are in the area, today, and can get there before closing at 6 pm, check it out tonight. Last day. Section A4. Artist Alley.

Thanks for the kinds words, it was a pleasure to meet you in person, you should have said bye before dissapearing. Also a shout out to Schnuth for stopping by and saying hello. You guys both rock. :thumb:

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

dellamorte wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:So, I went to the con yesterday. Met a bunch of cool people. And then I met Della. (I jest, I jest! He's awesome!)

Thanks for the kinds words, it was a pleasure to meet you in person, you should have said bye before dissapearing. Also a shout out to Schnuth for stopping by and saying hello. You guys both rock. :thumb:
I would have said bye, but you got some late stragglers to the table and as nature was calling and the place had about 5 minutes to closing, I just waved as I walked away and hoped you noticed. I'll def stop by if you ever hit MCC again.