WTB DIVINITY #1 LAROSA (1:40) 9.8

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham
Re: WTB DIVINITY #1 LAROSA (1:40) 9.8

Post by Juki »

Isn’t Divinity still considered the most powerful character in the Valiant Universe? Kind of hard to ignore.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Juki wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:32:03 pm Image
It looks like that NM+ raw copy sold for $300.00 on E-Bay. It was listed for sale at $899.95 for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ha! Guess he got tired of waiting on that $900 sale to come along. Whoever snagged this got a great deal, this ones a serious contender for a 9.9, if they’re planning to get it slabbed. :thumb:

Not sure if my purchase will count, being as though it didn’t go through eBay. Either way, Divinity’s last 90 days total ($725.00) are looking good, and should easily place him in the top three on DBS’s next top 10. :clap:
#StayValiant

agent_graves

Post by agent_graves »

Juki wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:45:36 pm [quote=jmatt post_id=<a href="tel:1106027">1106027</a> time=<a href="tel:1588645035">1588645035</a> user_id=14418]
If a raw went for $300, I figured I'd list my 9.6 at $295 and see what happens. It can't hurt to test the market, I suppose. If anyone is interested, I'll knock 5% off the price and cover the shipping.
Your 9.6 looks great. Hopefully it gets sold. It sure beats the remaining raw copy on E-Bay with a couple of issues that probably drops the grade a little.

This book sure had huge potential pre-DMG as it seemed certain that the Divinity/Eternity characters, along with the Unknown, would be fleshed out and built upon for a long time. Now, I am not so sure those stories about all those new characters will ever be written. But, will DMG largely ignore the big star Abram Adams forever? I hope not.
I love the character, and always will. But I don’t have much faith in DMG/editorial to get it right. I wish the creators (Kindt,Larosa,Simons) could get the rights to the character, but who am I kidding, that’s a long shot in the dark. I just hope they get it right, but Antos is leading the charge so, my expectation are low.
Juki wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:16:34 pm Isn’t Divinity still considered the most powerful character in the Valiant Universe? Kind of hard to ignore.
Yes Sir!! :thumb:
#StayValiant

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Juki wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:45:36 pm Your 9.6 looks great. Hopefully it gets sold. It sure beats the remaining raw copy on E-Bay with a couple of issues that probably drops the grade a little.
Honestly, I will never understand what kind of Ouija board, coin flip, or rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock game CGC uses to divine a 9.6 from a 9.8. I swear that book looks perfect. I have no idea if I priced it reasonably if a 9.8 went for $400. But they don't come up often so who knows.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

So, it looks as though that second raw Divinity #1 1:40 sold for $270.00 on EBay. The photo of it looks good....but, the descritption said:

“ You are viewing a Divinity 1 LaRosa 1:40 Variant! Limited to 350 copies, this is one of the harder to find Valiant variants! The copy is NM and has only 2 flaws that I can find: the top left corner is a tad fuzzy (pictured), and the bottom right corner has a tiny ding (also pictured) on just the cover. The comic has no spine dings, color breaks, or problems beyond the two mentioned!”

So maybe whoever bought this one is thinking it still has a chance at a 9.6/9.8 grade?..or higher?

Regardless, these 2 sales should keep this comic in the “DBS TOP TEN.”

agent_graves

Post by agent_graves »

Juki wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:32:12 am Image
So, it looks as though that second raw Divinity #1 1:40 sold for $270.00 on EBay. The photo of it looks good....but, the descritption said:

“ You are viewing a Divinity 1 LaRosa 1:40 Variant! Limited to 350 copies, this is one of the harder to find Valiant variants! The copy is NM and has only 2 flaws that I can find: the top left corner is a tad fuzzy (pictured), and the bottom right corner has a tiny ding (also pictured) on just the cover. The comic has no spine dings, color breaks, or problems beyond the two mentioned!”

So maybe whoever bought this one is thinking it still has a chance at a 9.6/9.8 grade?..or higher?

3 sales ($995.00) actually... I brought one off a board member a couple weeks back. Transaction wasn’t through eBay, but it should count regardless. If it isn’t #1 on the next list, it’s ranking gets an asterisk. :lol:
#StayValiant

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

agent_graves wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:03:44 am

3 sales ($995.00) actually... I brought one off a board member a couple weeks back. Transaction wasn’t through eBay, but it should count regardless. If it isn’t #1 on the next list, it’s ranking gets an asterisk. :lol:

It looks as though the X-O Brushed Metal #1 1:500 has had some good sales recently as well and is a probable contender for the top spot on the next list. Possibly because of the Cena tweet?

A CGC 9.8 sold for $999.99 on EBay. Also, a CGC 9.6 just sold for $510.00 on EBay.

agent_graves

Post by agent_graves »

Juki wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:11:02 pm
agent_graves wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:03:44 am

It looks as though the X-O Brushed Metal #1 1:500 has had some good sales recently as well and is a probable contender for the top spot on the next list. Possibly because of the Cena tweet?

A CGC 9.8 sold for $999.99 on EBay. Also, a CGC 9.6 just sold for $510.00 on EBay.
Wow! Should make for an interesting top 10. There’s a couple more raw Divinity #1 1:40 listed right now. At this rate, sh!t might dry up soon. :lol:
#StayValiant

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

It’s baaaack. Apparently the sale didn’t go through.

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version

Post by aj583 »

Is the X-O brushed metal getting into the grail category? Besides the Bloodshot and Harby DMG books what else has touched the $1,000 mark for VEI? Hope Divinity gets up there with time, but unlikely without more exposure for the character.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

aj583 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:54:35 pm

Is the X-O brushed metal getting into the grail category? Besides the Bloodshot and Harby DMG books what else has touched the $1,000 mark for VEI? Hope Divinity gets up there with time, but unlikely without more exposure for the character.
I don’t think there are any other books approaching this $1000.00 mark. Are these 3 books gonna sustain this momentum and stay at the grand level?....or are these prices simply do to movie (DMG Bloodshot), expected movie (DMG Harbinger), and movie rumor due to Cena tweet (X-O Brushed Metal)?

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

Juki wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:55:37 pm

I don’t think there are any other books approaching this $1000.00 mark. Are these 3 books gonna sustain this momentum and stay at the grand level?....or are these prices simply due to movie (DMG Bloodshot), expected movie (DMG Harbinger), and movie rumor due to Cena tweet (X-O Brushed Metal)?

aj583
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version

Post by aj583 »

I think X-O 1 brushed metal might have the legs to be a top book for years to come. I have never understood the desire for the DMG books. However, they seem to have staying power and keep increasing in value.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

aj583 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:41:13 pm I think X-O 1 brushed metal might have the legs to be a top book for years to come. I have never understood the desire for the DMG books. However, they seem to have staying power and keep increasing in value.
To me, the value of the DMG books are obvious. They represent the flow of DMG money into Valiant which allowed the Bloodshot movie to happen..... and hopefully more movies. I understand that they forced their way into a buy out. But, politics aside, these appear to be very limited in number.... and appear to represent a milestone in the history of the company. If Valiant were to gain steam in China.... and create Chinese collectors.... then who knows the value? So, the potential is there.... but that is a lot of “ifs”....

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

Another raw sold for $332.57.

agent_graves

Post by agent_graves »

Me too. Hopefully, will see a new series this year. :hope:
Juki wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:27:57 pm Image
Another raw sold for $332.57.

:clap:
#StayValiant

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

agent_graves.... Is that your Divinity 1:40 CGC 9.6 copy that sold on EBay for $245.00? :clap:
This book really could be getting scarce.

agent_graves

Post by agent_graves »

Juki wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:24:32 pm agent_graves.... Is that your Divinity 1:40 CGC 9.6 copy that sold on EBay for $245.00? :clap:
Nah, I believe it’s JMatt’s... :thumb:

It’s a mega key, that I feel like will hold its value, and may even jump back up in price once it starts drying up.
#StayValiant

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

agent_graves wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:43:13 pm
Juki wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:24:32 pm agent_graves.... Is that your Divinity 1:40 CGC 9.6 copy that sold on EBay for $245.00? :clap:
Nah, I believe it’s JMatt’s... :thumb:

It’s a mega key, that I feel like will hold its value, and may even jump back up in price once it starts drying up.
Oh.... that’s right.... congrats on the sale JMatt. :clap:
Personally I think this was a good deal for the buyer as well. Would you rather pay $245.00 for an already graded CGC 9.6?.... or would you rather spend $275-$300+ for a raw NM/M hoping it will grade 9.8?

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

A green label 9.8 double signed is up on the bay for 350?

I saw last night

agent_graves

Post by agent_graves »

corey wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:40:39 am A green label 9.8 double signed is up on the bay for 350?

I saw last night
Biggest Valiant modern key, and it’s not even close. :clap:
#StayValiant

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

So glad to pick up a 9.6 earlier this year when I had the chance. Huge hole in my collection not having one of these!
:hm:

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

agent_graves wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:11:06 pm
corey wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:40:39 am A green label 9.8 double signed is up on the bay for 350?

I saw last night
Biggest Valiant modern key, and it’s not even close. :clap:
Would you consider Shadowman #13 1:50 Davis Variant in the conversation? I know there are not as many sales.... but this one is a ghost.

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Juki wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:23:42 pmWould you consider Shadowman #13 1:50 Davis Variant in the conversation? I know there are not as many sales.... but this one is a ghost.
Well, lets discuss:

Divinity #1 (LaRosa 1:40) - 1ST Divinity
- Major Character

Shadowman #5 (Grampa 1:125) - 1ST Shan Fong (Doctor Mirage)
- Major Character

Shadowman #13 (Davis 1:50 or Templesmith 1:20) - 1ST Punk Mambo
- Major Character

Harbinger #3 (Zircher 1:20) - 1ST Livewire (Modern version)
- MOST Major Character listed so far

Ivar, Timewalker #1 (Gold or Kitson 1:50) - 1ST Dr. Neela Sethi (Timewalker)
- Major Character

Savage #1 (LaRosa 1:50) - 1ST Savage
- Minor Character (so far)

Other options?

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

These are all great key books. Harbinger #3 1:20 is an interesting book since it is the 1st Livewire and , as DBS has stated before, was overlooked by collectors at the time. It seems to be another ghost at the moment. But, talking strictly numbers.... nobody seems to know how many were printed. We do know Harbinger #2 1:20 (first Darpan) had 2000 printed... the print run for Harbinger #3 1:20 could be in that range. But, if it is... none of the copies seem to be for sale.

We know Divinity 1:40 had 350 printed, Shadowman #13 1:50 had 400 printed, and Savage #1 1:50 had 300 printed. With any interest... all these books should dry up soon if you can even find them.

But I think the question that was brought up had nothing to do with numbers..... and that is “which first appearance book is a modern mega key ?” As in, what modern VEI character is the most coveted and loved by readers? There are more stories with Livewire than any other.

I think movie/tv medium (if DMG follows through) will have the biggest influence on what is considered a mega key in the future. That probably gives the advantage to Livewire since she would likely be in a Harbinger film. Based solely on film potential....I think Shane Fong and Punk Mambo may make it to film next . I would think a lot of tv/film with Valiant would have to be done before Divinity would be brought in. Valiant would have to hit the big time. But....boy would that have blockbuster potential.

Based solely on comics I would currently choose Divinity due to the quality comic art/stories to this point.

Based solely on coolness of cover art these are all winners. But I think top honors go to the covers of Divinity #1 1:50 ,Shadowman #13 1:50 and Shadowman #5 1:125.