ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Dec 05, 2019 12:25:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54:08 pm 
Just trying to be self-deprecating

I have what I think is a neat item, although I know a lot of people absolutely hate CGC green labels. I have Solar: Man of the Atom #21 and #22 both in CGC 9.8 condition, #21 is signed by Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti, while #22 is signed by Joe Quesada. They are Qualified Green Label because the signatures were not witnessed by CGC, but it's clear they are authentic signatures. I'd like $100 for the set plus shipping, which would be the exact cost. Offers listened to if I am off base with this price. Had to crop the photo to get it to upload, but I think you get the idea.
Attachment:
010.JPG
010.JPG [ 316.4 KiB | Viewed 586 times ]

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:01:56 pm 
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.

Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Toyo Harada
I'm not hugely turned off by green labels, but the resale value is much lower. They are cool books. Out of my price range for these, but really nice nonetheless.

https://www.valiant.fan/solar-man-of-the-atom.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:59:38 pm 

nycjadie wrote:
I'm not hugely turned off by green labels, but the resale value is much lower. They are cool books. Out of my price range for these, but really nice nonetheless.

I wonder if they would be valued even less than a blue label unsigned 9.8 of these books? Some people really seem to dislike green label. I have a couple of the rare Image ashcans that I have slabbed as 9.8's but green label because they were signed when they came out. I wanted to sell them to a local store, and they offered like $20 for each of them because they said no one wanted green labels.

If anyone has any slight interest, throw out an offer via PM. I won't get insulted.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:47:36 pm 
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom

Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore
Cool issues! I dig and miss the Quesada/Palmiotti days!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:59:47 pm 
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Brother J wrote:
nycjadie wrote:

I wonder if they would be valued even less than a blue label unsigned 9.8 of these books? Some people really seem to dislike green label. I have a couple of the rare Image ashcans that I have slabbed as 9.8's but green label because they were signed when they came out. I wanted to sell them to a local store, and they offered like $20 for each of them because they said no one wanted green labels.

If anyone has any slight interest, throw out an offer via PM. I won't get insulted.

What image ashcans do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:39:10 pm 

GGSAE wrote:
Brother J wrote:
nycjadie wrote:

What image ashcans do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it took a long time for me to get back. I have Shaman's Tears Ashcan #1 and Supreme ashcan, both are signed and of a run of 1,500 copies. Both CGC 9.8's, but green label because of the sigs

Offline Profile