Harbinger 8 Signature Series Jeff Lemire CGC 9.8 (1 of 2)

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

eschnit
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Master Darque
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Bob Layton
Harbinger 8 Signature Series Jeff Lemire CGC 9.8 (1 of 2)

Post by eschnit »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harbinger-8-1- ... SwMd1cMDfd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are 22 Universal CGC 9.8s. There are 2 Signature Series 9.8s. Jeff Lemire is arguably the biggest name artist/writer/talent to work for VEI.

If we assume Bloodshot with Vin Diesel opens the door for Harbinger next, what will happen to this book. I’m guessing VEI will not gain Universal traction the way folks will likely gravitate to VH1, but some books will matter.

Harbinger 1, Rai 0, Eternal Warrior 4, and Solar 10. Then perhaps X-O Manowar 1, X-O Manowar 4, maybe Bloodshot 1. If you want to get exotic, and make bets on the universe, go for Bloodshot Platinum, Archer Gold, maybe Eternal Warrior Gold Flat or Unity Red. Or really get courageous and buy some original art. Worst case, you have something you really like that’s one of a kind, and all yours. Best case, watch a Heritage Auction. In the end, buy what you like.

I don’t need the money, but it’d be nice to see the Harby 8 go for a decent price to see there’s some demand there. Frankly, if Dinesh used VEI as a stepping stone to do what he really wanted, and take Valiant to multimedia, good for the fans, and thank you Dinesh.

VEI can be worthless going forward if the universe is cinematically successful. I’d argue that if you end up with a dozen iconic images of Valiant, different iterations, Lemire’s Harby cover of Pete is one of them. So it better not go for $20 friggin dollars ;)

...btw, I'm not hating on Dinesh in any way. He has a love for cinema. There was no Valiant before he got it going again, and now we have Bloodshot coming out in less than a year. He's a primary reason, probably the primary reason. Mad props. Even if VEI is dead, we were all part of the journey. Not just if you bought Rai 0 off the rack 28 years ago, like the one I got signed and slabbed and am selling right now too, but also if you loved reading what Matt Kindt did with Divinity, or if your favorite storyline was The Valiant, like mine was.

The books themselves don't need to be sentimental. The journey should be though. :thumb:

Not to preach, and certainly I don't expect the artists to see this, but for the artists, I hope they feel the same. Be proud.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham
Re: Harbinger 8 Signature Series Jeff Lemire CGC 9.8 (1 of 2

Post by Juki »

:clap: Well said. Good Luck! You have some other awesome books up on auction as well. :o