WTS -Custom Harback 90's H.A.R.D. Corps Vol I & II -Reduced!

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
WTS -Custom Harback 90's H.A.R.D. Corps Vol I & II -Reduced!

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Are you a hard core fan of H.A.R.D. Corps?! How about a Hard core set of Hardback H.A.R.D. Corps 90's VALIANT books?! Is that HARD enough for you?!

***Set of Custom Harback 90's H.A.R.D. Corps Vol I & II - $170 *NOW ASKING $150.00* shipped (within continental U.S.A), payable via Paypal.***

I gathered up enough spares to put this whole series together for Hardbacking (via Herring & Robinson binders) and I'm offering them here to board members first before trying on Ebay if nobody here is interested. There were a few too many issues to squeeze it all into one book, so it had to be done in two volumes. I've taken lots of pics to let you see well what you're getting.

Both covers are embossed with the 90's Valiant symbol

Inside covers are white for easy signatures

They look lovely together on the bookshelf, and with nice ribbon markers to hold your place when reading

Vol 1 contains HARD Corps 1-18

Volume 2 contains the remainder of the series to issue #30, plus Harbinger 30 & 31, Armorines 4 & 5, and XO #33.

Here's a nice close up on the spines

And here's some interior shots to see how it looks and how little gutter loss there was...

I'll also include the order forms I sent in to have the books created, in case this inspires someone to hardback more of their own collection. This way, you can see what options I picked to make them as identical or as different as you want!

Ask any questions of me for anything I didn't think to include in this post, and thanks for looking!

***After finding a couple errors in the printing of the Table of Contents in book 2, I've decided to reduce the asking price for this set from $170 down to $150.***
Last edited by Phoenix8008 on Wed May 09, 2018 6:47:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart
Re: WTS - Custom Harback 90's H.A.R.D. Corps Vol I & II

Post by mkb28 »

Phoenix8088:

Those are beautiful bound books and if I did not already have a bound set, I would be snatching these up for sure. :thumb: Good luck with your sale! :)

Michael
Mkb28

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Nice ones.... except for the 2nd TOC that looks really weird. I count 3 if not 4 hiccups. Did you mess it up or the printer?

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:Nice ones.... except for the 2nd TOC that looks really weird. I count 3 if not 4 hiccups. Did you mess it up or the printer?
Now that you point it out so publicly, I do notice a couple things that are off slightly, but I don't see a 3rd or possible 4th thing. I can see where there should have been a space between the hyphen and "Harbinger #31"/"Armorines #4 - 5".
Last edited by Phoenix8008 on Wed May 09, 2018 6:51:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viva la Valiant!

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

These look fantastic! Good luck on the sale.
:hm:

Sunlight on Snow

Phoenix8008 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:Nice ones.... except for the 2nd TOC that looks really weird. I count 3 if not 4 hiccups. Did you mess it up or the printer?
Now that you point it out so publicly, I do notice a couple things that are off slightly, but I don't see a 3rd or possible 4th thing. I can see where there should have been a space between the hypen and "Harbinger #31"/"Armorines #4 - 5".
It's right there in the pictures.

Yes, two missing blanks and the different lengths of the hyphens. It's a typical problem when using MS Word. Its "autoformat" converts a simple hyphen into a long dash when you hit "return" for a line break. *SQUEE* MS!

Sorry for paying too much attention to detail (and maybe ruining this post for you) but you're asking for $170!

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:
Now that you point it out so publicly, I do notice a couple things that are off slightly, but I don't see a 3rd or possible 4th thing. I can see where there should have been a space between the hypen and "Harbinger #31"/"Armorines #4 - 5".
It's right there in the pictures.

Yes, two missing blanks and the different lengths of the hyphens. It's a typical problem when using MS Word. Its "autoformat" converts a simple hyphen into a long dash when you hit "return" for a line break. *SQUEE* MS!

Sorry for paying too much attention to detail (and maybe ruining this post for you) but you're asking for $170!
I pulled the book off the shelf to look at it up close and personal, and I can assure you that the hyphens are all the same length. It seems to be more of an optical illusion depending on how close they are to different letters on there, but they are all the same size really.

Having discovered the errors that were made though, I am willing to reduce the asking price down to $150.00. That's $75 per book when it cost $50 per book just to bind them, and I'm offering free shipping in the U.S., which is likely to cost $10 bucks or so. So I'm not raking in piles of profit here for the time I spent getting them set up for binding, and shipping them to the binder. Probably not that much profit at all really.

Anyway, I'll update the asking price on the first post and leave this up for a bit more. If there's no interest here soon, then maybe I'll try on Ebay.

Thanks again for anyone checking these out!
Viva la Valiant!

Sunlight on Snow
Re: WTS -Custom Harback 90's H.A.R.D. Corps Vol I & II -Redu

I was referring to the ones between the issue numbers at the end of the lines.

There are 4 in total (in both TOC's) - 2 are dashes and 2 are hyphens (last row).

Not a biggie. The missing blanks look worse.

tarheelmarine
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore
Re: WTS -Custom Harback 90's H.A.R.D. Corps Vol I & II -Redu

Post by tarheelmarine »

I think the books look great!

hawkboy71