Do not buy from ebay user arthu_faulk

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Serpentor
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite artist: Bart Sears
Do not buy from ebay user arthu_faulk

Post by Serpentor »

If this is the wrong forum for warnings about ebay frauds, I apologize and ask for the post to be moved to the correct forum.

I purchased a Quantum and Woody set from ebay user arthu_faulk, a full set of 0-32. He provided a tracking number and it does not show that it was ever accepted by the post office. He says there are issues with the post office in Miami, and I say he is full of crap. A quick look at his feedback shows another buyer had the exact same issue, and their item was not actually shipped to them until they started the ebay claims process.

I have started the claims process, but I want to go ahead and get the word out there that arthu_faulk is not a seller that you want to do business with.

Serpentor
Re: Do not buy from ebay user arthu_faulk

Post by Serpentor »

The books were eventually received. It went much like the other user mentioned, with a working tracking number only being made available to me after filing the complaint on ebay. I can't say this seller will scam you, but you might have to work to receive your purchase. It should not be like that.

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

How long from the time of purchase until you received the books? It is hard to tell from your posts. It's my experience that sometimes USPS tracking isn't the best.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Serpentor

Post by Serpentor »

jeremycoe wrote:How long from the time of purchase until you received the books? It is hard to tell from your posts. It's my experience that sometimes USPS tracking isn't the best.
Time wasn't the issue. I was given a tracking number, and it never had any postal scans whatsoever. It stayed stuck on the "USPS has been told to expect this item" which means a label was made but it was never tendered to USPS. When I inquired about the shipment, I was told the post office in Miami had been in possession of the package the entire time and would "put a new tracking number" on it. That response did not pass the smell test because I have never heard of such a thing. Shortly thereafter, the seller said the USPS had upgraded my shipment to Express Mail to make up for the delays. Again, the smell test fails here because I have never known of USPS to do such a thing. The package arrived two days later.

Like I said, buying from this seller didn't result in being ripped off. However, I had to make an effort to get my package shipped to me, and that is unacceptable.

bjisba41
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 1996
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Bob Hall
Favorite artist: Bob Hall

Post by bjisba41 »

I've had items get a new & 2nd tracking number from USPS before while the 1st one says nothing is happening with it

Serpentor

Post by Serpentor »

bjisba41 wrote:I've had items get a new & 2nd tracking number from USPS before while the 1st one says nothing is happening with it
Strange. I've been buying/selling/trading online for 20 years and never had that happen. Apparently, the seller of the lot I bought has had it happen twice within a few months, and got free Express shipping upgrades as a bonus from USPS. It still a bit too much for me to believe. At least it came :)

jeremycoe
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

If it got to you in the time frame it was promised, you don't really have much room for complaint. I wouldn't make the assumption that the seller is lying about what happened (even if it is likely he is).
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

maraxusofkeld
I was young and silly and only read Marvel books.
I was young and silly and only read Marvel books.
Valiant fan since: UNITY
Favorite character: Magnus
Favorite title: Magnus
Favorite artist: Bob Layton

Post by maraxusofkeld »

jeremycoe wrote:If it got to you in the time frame it was promised, you don't really have much room for complaint. I wouldn't make the assumption that the seller is lying about what happened (even if it is likely he is).
That, and the postal service in large cities are completely incompetent.