ah dudes...

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
ah dudes...

Post by GGSAE »

how did you let a psi lords VVSS go for only $15 bones, am i missing something here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

:thumb:

Sect
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Sect »

maybe it's description wasn't clear? e.g. no COA?

dunno ....

so i guess all i can do is...

:thumb:

DJSpecter
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by DJSpecter »

Still has the price sticker on it from the store... 22.50

lol

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Re: ah dudes...

Post by x-omatic »

GGSAE wrote:how did you let a psi lords VVSS go for only $15 bones, am i missing something here?

Look at the category.
"Listed in category: Books > Antiquarian & Collectible"

It never came up in my searches since I search in comics. This seller would have gotten much more on it if I had found it.
http://chrismorrillart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

daydreamscomics
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Re: ah dudes...

Post by daydreamscomics »

x-omatic wrote:
GGSAE wrote:how did you let a psi lords VVSS go for only $15 bones, am i missing something here?

Look at the category.
"Listed in category: Books > Antiquarian & Collectible"

It never came up in my searches since I search in comics. This seller would have gotten much more on it if I had found it.
he woulda gotten even MORE if i had found it :D

sad thing is, i found a backer board in a bag in a box at work that said "psi lords #1 signature series - ask at the counter". we keep the higher value books under the counter for safety's sake. yet there was not one in sight...talk about bummed out!

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

...See i was wondering if someone was gonna get a deal because it didn't get any bids. I've been watching it the whole time, *SQUEE* that i can't bid because the seller won't ship to canada. Actually I would have sent this link half an hour before the auction close but i was out late last night...ah well

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

GGSAE wrote:...See i was wondering if someone was gonna get a deal because it didn't get any bids. I've been watching it the whole time, *SQUEE* that i can't bid because the seller won't ship to canada. Actually I would have sent this link half an hour before the auction close but i was out late last night...ah well
not sure why people won't ship to Canada. It's not like it's even really more expensive to ship things there. I can ship books via Airmail Letter Post just as cheaply as I can to almost anywhere in the U.S.! As long as it's not a real heavy item, you can ship it that way and only fill in the short customs form, which takes about five seconds. I now ship stuff anywhere in the world, with the agreement the winner will pay exact shipping. Last time I sold a bunch of stuff, half of my top bidders were non US residents. Imagine how much less money I would have if I hadn't sold to them. :wink:

x-omatic

Post by x-omatic »

Brother J wrote:
GGSAE wrote:...See i was wondering if someone was gonna get a deal because it didn't get any bids. I've been watching it the whole time, *SQUEE* that i can't bid because the seller won't ship to canada. Actually I would have sent this link half an hour before the auction close but i was out late last night...ah well
not sure why people won't ship to Canada. It's not like it's even really more expensive to ship things there. I can ship books via Airmail Letter Post just as cheaply as I can to almost anywhere in the U.S.! As long as it's not a real heavy item, you can ship it that way and only fill in the short customs form, which takes about five seconds. I now ship stuff anywhere in the world, with the agreement the winner will pay exact shipping. Last time I sold a bunch of stuff, half of my top bidders were non US residents. Imagine how much less money I would have if I hadn't sold to them. :wink:
I do not like shipping outside of the US as I use USPS and you can't get delivery confirmation. I see too many neg on eBay where sellers say they shipped and the buyer said they never got it. DC is a must for me when I sell.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

x-omatic wrote:
Brother J wrote:
I do not like shipping outside of the US as I use USPS and you can't get delivery confirmation. I see too many neg on eBay where sellers say they shipped and the buyer said they never got it. DC is a must for me when I sell.
didn't think of that, I guess I've been pretty lucky so far. One thing I found out from a postal clerk the other day which I didn't know is you're not supposed to be able to buy postal insurance for paper items. She said that's because the mailing procedures can't guarantee something made of paper won't be damaged. I explained to her I thought that was nuts because there are a lot of comic books that are worth big bucks. She said in that case, you're supposed to mail it registered mail! I've never had any clerk refuse to sell me insurance for a comic book shipment, in fact they usually ask if I want it if I don't request it. You learn something new each time you go to the PO and half the time the info they give you one day doesn't jive with what they told you the last time! :!:

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

I understand completey. It's just very frustrating, this steal could have been mine. There's been others that i've missed out on...if i could find these items in canada, i'd obviously buy from somewhere here.

x-omatic

Post by x-omatic »

GGSAE wrote:I understand completey. It's just very frustrating, this steal could have been mine. There's been others that i've missed out on...if i could find these items in canada, i'd obviously buy from somewhere here.
You could always get it shipped to a board member you trust and have them ship it to you.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

x-omatic wrote:
GGSAE wrote:I understand completey. It's just very frustrating, this steal could have been mine. There's been others that i've missed out on...if i could find these items in canada, i'd obviously buy from somewhere here.
You could always get it shipped to a board member you trust and have them ship it to you.
I was considering that, but i've only been on here about a week...maybe in time.

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

GGSAE wrote:
x-omatic wrote:
I was considering that, but i've only been on here about a week...maybe in time.
Well, although my reputation may preceed me, I am a defiantly honest kinda Hobo and I'll send you your books if you need an in-states address. If not, you could always ask Greg to if he's got time; there are no laces straighter. :thumb:
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!