New Comics This Month

ValiantFans.com Message Board - Tenth Anniversary 2004 - 2014

An online community for fans of the Valiant Universe
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:54 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

I sold mine 2 years ago when I was starting to sell off my collection. Now that Im back full chicken, Id like to buy another one.

Long shot I know, but if you have one and would like to sell it....please contact me via PM.

If you dont know what it is then you dont have one and the search button to your upper right comes in handy :lol:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:53 am 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Nothing? :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:37 pm 
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

I thought there was a solar 10 project with a different cover. Didn't know there was a white cover as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:50 pm 
I live to be inefficient!

VEI Reborn wrote:
Nothing? :lol:

I've never heard of it either. The only Solar #10 I know is the signed book that also came with a Solar #10 alternate cover (I think it had sketches inside it).

I always thought the White was just a board joke. :?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:43 pm 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS
etos45 wrote:
I've never heard of it either. The only Solar #10 I know is the signed book that also came with a Solar #10 alternate cover (I think it had sketches inside it).

Behold:

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:17 pm 

BloodShot wrote:
etos45 wrote:

Behold:

:o :o :o

When did this happen?! Is it just a cover, or is it the whole comic?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:28 pm 
Where are you now?
Where are you now?

Valiant fan since: the Beginning
Favorite character: Flamingo
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
etos45 wrote:
BloodShot wrote:
etos45 wrote:

Behold:

:o :o :o

When did this happen?! Is it just a cover, or is it the whole comic?

Dellamorte went dumpster diving to get these!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:44 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

So any of the few that have one willing to sell?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:45 pm 
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.

Favorite character: Master Darque
He sold a couple of them at one time auction style on the board.

here and here

dellamorte wrote:
The legendary Solar 10 third print white cover. Same guts as the VfVSS extra book. Only 5 copies and the last I'm ever letting out of my hands. I'll do this auction style starting at $1 and let it run until 7 days from list time. Winner, if there is one pays $5 to ship it. Good luck.

**Current High Bid $150**

dellamorte wrote:
FormerReader wrote:
Not to take from the bidding, but can anyone explain to me what this issues is. I've only heard of the black cover. What made this issue so special?

When we put the Solar 10 VfVSS project together we made an extra book to go along with it. The new book had a new cover drawn by Don Perlin and colored by JayJay with a back cover by Christopher Schons. Inside the book had Don's uninked pencils to Solar 10 along with exclusive interviews with Jim Shooter and Don Perlin. That's the guts of the book.

As for the white cover, once upon a time someone claimed they had a white cover version of Solar 10 (perhaps someone can link this thread if it even still exits). Somehow when the VfVSS extra books were made a few copies came out with white covers and a third printing on the cover.

I hope that answers the question without raising too many more.

dellamorte wrote:
caxiotis wrote:
so whats the deal with the solar 10 white 3rd print. I didn't receive one with my books.

Whites are the holy grail of Valiant goodness. No one got a copy of the white with there books so don't feel bad.

I've been playing with some ideas of what to do with these books. Still not sure but I'll let you all know when I figure it out.

So from my understanding there are only 5 in existence. He sold 2 to and still has 3.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:03 pm 
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

greg wrote:
Mines prettier... :twisted:

:lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:15 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Those shorr are purty covers...

:takeit:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:28 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

So anyone have one for sale or are we going to fill this thread with info that can be found in the search button located to the upper right of your screen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:33 pm 

VEI Reborn wrote:
So anyone have one for sale or are we going to fill this thread with info that can be found in the search button located to the upper right of your screen

So Dellamorte said there are 5 in existence and 2 were sold for a real steep price. The last 3 he said he will not be selling. Tough luck.

Edit: You've been around long enough to know that things get derailed. Being a punk to someone who was trying to help. :roll: Been there done that. Been treated worse for it than what I just said to you now.

Edit 2: A little more clarification just so I can be a bit more of a prick. 5 in existence, 3 not for sale, 2 won in auction style format by anonymous bidders. Have fun with that. :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 pm 
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

My memory is fuzzy on these. I'm positive that there are only 5. I think we auctioned three off (I could be wrong) leaving one with me and one with Stu. I would need to revisit my box of super cool Valiant stuff to make sure. At this point I don't even know who has them. Not much help but that is what I know. For my money the Zombie book is way cooler and Playing God kicks the *SQUEE* of both.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:01 pm 
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

:popcorn:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:07 pm 

dellamorte wrote:
My memory is fuzzy on these. I'm positive that there are only 5. I think we auctioned three off (I could be wrong) leaving one with me and one with Stu. I would need to revisit my box of super cool Valiant stuff to make sure. At this point I don't even know who has them. Not much help but that is what I know. For my money the Zombie book is way cooler and Playing God kicks the *SQUEE* of both.

Truer words have never been spoken. :thumb:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:22 pm 

dellamorte wrote:

From the horses mouth. I suppose you could try and buy one off della or stu but good f'ing luck. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:27 pm 
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Hey now. I hear these Valiant books spread brotherly (and sisterly) love. Let's not let a little excitement break up the fun.

:peace:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:38 pm 

bosco685 wrote:
Hey now. I hear these Valiant books spread brotherly (and sisterly) love. Let's not let a little excitement break up the fun.

:peace:

I'm as nice as I need to be. I was just posting some information about the books from some old threads. Was trying to help. Got a snide remark for my trouble so *SQUEE* on him. :mad:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:52 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
VEI Reborn wrote:

So Dellamorte said there are 5 in existence and 2 were sold for a real steep price. The last 3 he said he will not be selling. Tough luck.

Edit: You've been around long enough to know that things get derailed. Being a punk to someone who was trying to help. :roll: Been there done that. Been treated worse for it than what I just said to you now.

Edit 2: A little more clarification just so I can be a bit more of a prick. 5 in existence, 3 not for sale, 2 won in auction style format by anonymous bidders. Have fun with that. :twisted:

LOL! If this is your idea of being a prick you should work on it a bit. You are not even remotely on my level.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:54 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
dellamorte wrote:

From the horses mouth. I suppose you could try and buy one off della or stu but good f'ing luck. :P

I am already in the process. Thanks for your help. I appreciate you schooling me on something I have already purchased and sold before.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:57 pm 

VEI Reborn wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
VEI Reborn wrote:

LOL! If this is your idea of being a prick you should work on it a bit. You are not even remotely on my level.

Nor should anyone ever strive for that. You're pathetic. You just called yourself a bigger prick than I am.... Real proud of that huh? Something wrong with you.....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:01 pm 

VEI Reborn wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
dellamorte wrote:

I am already in the process. Thanks for your help. I appreciate you schooling me on something I have already purchased and sold before.

Would you like some help removing that stick up your butt? Seriously.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:03 pm 

The point was I was trying to be helpful with posting some info about the subject matter. You got all bítchy for some reason. Yeah you are a bigger prick than me. Congratulations. facepalm

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:08 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
VEI Reborn wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
dellamorte wrote:

Would you like some help removing that stick up your butt? Seriously.

What are we talking about using here? Hands or teeth? :hm:

Seriously dude, Im just joshing around here a bit. I was expecting you to poke back in a bit of fun and it seems you are taking me seriously and/or personal. I apologize if thats the case.

Perhaps I jumped on you before and I didnt realize my tone. Again I apologize if you were truly upset

Offline Profile