ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Sep 20, 2018 11:30:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38:50 am 
Harbinger rank: Shinia

Hi Everybody,

After jumping into getting a few dead universe collections earlier this year (Defiant, VH2/Acclaim, Ultraverse) I decided that I wanted to get a complete single issues collection of VH1 after all of these years.

I've owned all of the original TPB's for the pre-Unity books since they originally were released and thought I was content with that for the last 20+ years (as far as having a "complete collection").

Well, I guess not (mainly because there were so few I needed (26), plus they had some cool extras in them, bonus story, etc.) so I decided to try and hunt them up.

Nycjadie/Steve (thank you good sir :thumb:) made me an excellent deal on most of what I needed but there are a few he didn't have that I still need to pickup.

Not looking for high grade books, VF/FN are acceptable as long as intact & no major damage or wear to them.

Also any that contain coupons DO NOT need to have them in the books, I'd prefer the coupon-less books since they're usually cheaper, but if you have a complete one for a good price, please let me know.

The List - aka the LAST EIGHT
---------
Harbinger - 1, 3 **(currently bidding on Harbinger #1, Ebay Auction, looking to buy less than $25-30)
Magnus - 1
Rai - 1, 2, 3, 4
Shadowman - 1 **(currently bidding on Ebay Auction, looking to buy less than $15)
Solar - 2

----
Gotten

Rai - 1

----

If you offer and I decline, it's mostly due to shipping driving the cost up to much (Eg. if I have to buy from multiple people), nothing personal, just trying to save a buck (Eg. hard to justify $5-10 shipping a piece from 3 sellers for 9 books). I will offer a fair deal (no low balling), but will not pay outrageous prices (even though many of these are key books that command a higher than avg. price).

-----
I'm also missing TWO VH2/Acclaim books, but unless someone is willing to make me an awesome deal on both of them I can live without them. :lol: (I'll put them here, just in case)

((Awesome deal = less than $30-40 per book, preferably less :wink:))

Armorines (1999 2nd Series Acclaim) #4
Shadowman (1999 3rd Series Acclaim) #6

-----

I can post ballpark figures of what I'm willing to pay if anyone thinks that's needed, I'd rather negotiate prices though if possible.

(Current amount at Lonestar for 6 of 8 of the books I need is $52 shipped)

I will know if I've won the two Ebay books in the next few days, so I'll update my list accordingly.

I'll give this post a few days to see if anyone has anything to offer, if not, I'll head back to Lonestar Comics and just pick up the ones I'm missing. Probably the end of this weekend. Then I'll update what I need from there.

PM me with deals, thanks!!! :thumb:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:27:26 pm 

Responded to DM for 7 out of 8, I'm still missing. Working out details.

Harbinger # 1 is still being elusive.

Bidding on one, I'll update if I win it...or not. :P

Anyone have a VF reader copy, that they're willing to let go for a reasonable price? :hope:

Let me know. :thumb:

-----------------

Edit: No Dice on Harbinger #1...I almost can't believe a coupon-less copy just sold for almost $60...crazy. :|

I'll up my ante a bit.

If this current deal goes through, that the LAST ONE I'm still missing.

If anyone has a lower grade that they can bear to part with please PM me. Thanks :wink:

Offline Profile