SUPER NICE Ninjak #1 copies (1st Roku) on ebay...

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

paradise
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Unity
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Bart Sears
SUPER NICE Ninjak #1 copies (1st Roku) on ebay...

Post by paradise »

We have dug up small quantities of the 4 covers to Ninjak #1 (first Roku) and have put them on Ebay. The Sauvage cover is going crazy and ours are super super clean. We have more than 5 copies each, so we have choice of some super clean copies. We combine shipping and offer FREE shipping on all of these. Check them out. (JUST RELISTED SOME MORE)

SET OF 4 COVERS, discounted like crazy:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222875501159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sauvage
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222880902493" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Larosa
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222875474357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clay Mann
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323131022038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Johnson 1:10
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323131030673" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by paradise on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:44:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Edward
COLLECTOR'S PARADISE Stores:(Canoga Park, Pasadena, North Hollywood)
7131 Winnetka Ave - Canoga Park, CA - 91306 - 818-999-9455
319 S. Arroyo Parkway - Pasadena, CA - 91105 - 626-577-6694
5118 Lankershim Blvd - NoHo, CA - 91601 - 818-980-BOOK
http://ComicsAndCards.net

Summydad1
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O/Bloodshot/Ninjak/Rai
Favorite title: X-O (2012)/Harby (2012)
Favorite writer: Kindt/Venditti/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS/Braithwaite/Crain
Re: SUPER NICE Ninjak #1 copies (1st Roku) on ebay...

Post by Summydad1 »

PM sent. Thank you for offering these.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

paradise

Post by paradise »

Just relisted some more, updated the link.
Edward

Summydad1
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O/Bloodshot/Ninjak/Rai
Favorite title: X-O (2012)/Harby (2012)
Favorite writer: Kindt/Venditti/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS/Braithwaite/Crain

Post by Summydad1 »

I got mine in the mail. Flawless copy! Has to be a 9.8. Thanks Ed.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Summydad1 wrote:I got mine in the mail. Flawless copy! Has to be a 9.8. Thanks Ed.
Yea, those copies look really clean. I need to stop playing and grab one or two...
#StayValiant

paradise

Post by paradise »

agent_graves wrote:
Summydad1 wrote:I got mine in the mail. Flawless copy! Has to be a 9.8. Thanks Ed.
Yea, those copies look really clean. I need to stop playing and grab one or two...
One day I will tell a story of how I have these and you will understand why they are all this clean, across all 4 covers
Edward

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

paradise wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
One day I will tell a story of how I have these and you will understand why they are all this clean, across all 4 covers
Should be interesting. I assumed these were all the extras, (from they heavy orders on #1) now paying dividends. Roku covers are on fire right now. This cover was always hot, but it’s not an incentive variant, so wasn’t nobody really checking for it like that. Now look what we paying, truth be told, your asking price is on the lower end of the bump in price on this non-incentive cover. That and the fact that the books look super clean/flawless, it’s a no-brainer. Plus your shipping is second to none, I ordered some of your Catalyst Prime variants through Ebay, and I was shocked how fast they got to me, great service... :thumb:
#StayValiant

paradise

Post by paradise »

agent_graves wrote:
paradise wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
Should be interesting. I assumed these were all the extras, (from they heavy orders on #1) now paying dividends. Roku covers are on fire right now. This cover was always hot, but it’s not an incentive variant, so wasn’t nobody really checking for it like that. Now look what we paying, truth be told, your asking price is on the lower end of the bump in price on this non-incentive cover. That and the fact that the books look super clean/flawless, it’s a no-brainer. Plus your shipping is second to none, I ordered some of your Catalyst Prime variants through Ebay, and I was shocked how fast they got to me, great service... :thumb:
I am lowballing the price on purpose, kind of. I have a "few" copies to sell and they have been in a box, nice and tight to keep clean for a while. Not on purpose, but that does not matter anymore :) and they are all THAT clean
Edward

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

I too should probably get off the log here, and purchase a copy. I still can't wrap my mind around what is making these so special... It's a regular cover, were they just ordered in such a small demand? I guess D covers probably don't get ordered all that much, many going for the A and B cover. Sure, the art is stunning and all... Guess I just don't understand

can anyone help a knuckle-head out?
Moose

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:I too should probably get off the log here, and purchase a copy. I still can't wrap my mind around what is making these so special... It's a regular cover, were they just ordered in such a small demand? I guess D covers probably don't get ordered all that much, many going for the A and B cover. Sure, the art is stunning and all... Guess I just don't understand

1st appearance of Roku, who is clearly the "big bad" in the Ninjak vs. web video series... and a print run that's closer to Acclaim than 1990s Valiant.
In a way, it's pretty similar to Quantum & Woody #1 (1997), which has different covers, but all of them have seen an increase due to the (new/renewed) popularity of the characters today.

Roku is the Valiant equivalent to Harley Quinn, and having no 1990s origin, all the focus can be put on her first VEI appearance, and particularly the ones that feature her on the cover.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

greg wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:I too should probably get off the log here, and purchase a copy. I still can't wrap my mind around what is making these so special... It's a regular cover, were they just ordered in such a small demand? I guess D covers probably don't get ordered all that much, many going for the A and B cover. Sure, the art is stunning and all... Guess I just don't understand

1st appearance of Roku, who is clearly the "big bad" in the Ninjak vs. web video series... and a print run that's closer to Acclaim than 1990s Valiant.
In a way, it's pretty similar to Quantum & Woody #1 (1997), which has different covers, but all of them have seen an increase due to the (new/renewed) popularity of the characters today.

Roku is the Valiant equivalent to Harley Quinn, and having no 1990s origin, all the focus can be put on her first VEI appearance, and particularly the ones that feature her on the cover.
I get all that, but why the emphasis on a regular cover? Are regular covers becoming this hard to find, so much that it warrants a $30-$70 price tag? Is this version of a cover so much harder to find than say the 1:60, or the Gold? If so, why hasn't that price range struck on the Ninjak #1 1:60? Basically, they are the same price now, or pretty close.
Moose

greg

Post by greg »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:I get all that, but why the emphasis on a regular cover? Are regular covers becoming this hard to find, so much that it warrants a $30-$70 price tag? If so, why hasn't that price range struck on the Ninjak #1 1:60? Basically, they are the same price now, or pretty close.
The cover that features Roku is in demand because it features Roku. The #1 1:60 doesn't show her on the cover.
There's a bit of a precedent in the Captain Marvel #17 2nd print (2014), which wasn't anything special... just a second print... but it features the new character.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273039384183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

greg wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:I get all that, but why the emphasis on a regular cover? Are regular covers becoming this hard to find, so much that it warrants a $30-$70 price tag? If so, why hasn't that price range struck on the Ninjak #1 1:60? Basically, they are the same price now, or pretty close.
The cover that features Roku is in demand because it features Roku. The #1 1:60 doesn't show her on the cover.
There's a bit of a precedent in the Captain Marvel #17 2nd print (2014), which wasn't anything special... just a second print... but it features the new character.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273039384183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ah, now I see and understand. Thanks Greg :thumb:
Moose

greg

Post by greg »

It is an interesting twist in comic collecting, though.

At first, the "rise of the variant" was automatically associated with the highest ratio being the preferred book in the market.

But, at some point, the number of variants got so large that people were forced to decide where to spend their money based on the content of the books (*gasp* that means *reading*) :wink:

When you have limited funds, and there are 50 different books you would like to own, you *might* focus on the books which are "key" based on the content, usually the first appearances.

At that point, you're buying a book because it is a first appearance, and the "rarest" (highest ratio) variant might not show that new character.

So, we look back through comic book history and find situations where a first appearance that's rarer or even a month earlier isn't actually worth as much at a different book.
Besides the 2014 second print for Captain Marvel #17 (which shipped a month later), we have a pretty famous example in Incredible Hulk #180.
The value of Incredible Hulk #180 is much lower than Incredible Hulk #181 because Hulk #181 has the new character (Wolverine) on the cover.
Incredible Hulk #180 clearly shows Wolverine, names him, he has action, speaks, and is definitely "introduced" as a first appearance.
But Hulk #181 gets all the glory because of the cover and the continuation of that story... despite being a month later.

Roku on the cover of Ninjak #1, released at the same time as Ninjak #1 "rarer" variants without her, is a better choice if the reason the book is being sought is her first appearance.

I realize I'm repeating my earlier posts, but I wanted to bring a famous situation (first Wolverine) into the discussion... even though variant covers weren't even a thing yet in 1974. :D

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

greg wrote:It is an interesting twist in comic collecting, though.

At first, the "rise of the variant" was automatically associated with the highest ratio being the preferred book in the market.

But, at some point, the number of variants got so large that people were forced to decide where to spend their money based on the content of the books (*gasp* that means *reading*) :wink:

When you have limited funds, and there are 50 different books you would like to own, you *might* focus on the books which are "key" based on the content, usually the first appearances.

At that point, you're buying a book because it is a first appearance, and the "rarest" (highest ratio) variant might not show that new character.

So, we look back through comic book history and find situations where a first appearance that's rarer or even a month earlier isn't actually worth as much at a different book.
Besides the 2014 second print for Captain Marvel #17 (which shipped a month later), we have a pretty famous example in Incredible Hulk #180.
The value of Incredible Hulk #180 is much lower than Incredible Hulk #181 because Hulk #181 has the new character (Wolverine) on the cover.
Incredible Hulk #180 clearly shows Wolverine, names him, he has action, speaks, and is definitely "introduced" as a first appearance.
But Hulk #181 gets all the glory because of the cover and the continuation of that story... despite being a month later.

Roku on the cover of Ninjak #1, released at the same time as Ninjak #1 "rarer" variants without her, is a better choice if the reason the book is being sought is her first appearance.

I realize I'm repeating my earlier posts, but I wanted to bring a famous situation (first Wolverine) into the discussion... even though variant covers weren't even a thing yet in 1974. :D
Hey, from my perspective, that really did help lay it all out. I've heard some of the argument regarding #180 and #181, but never put the way you break it down (#181 is more popular because it shows Wolverine on the cover). Very interesting!
Moose

paradise

Post by paradise »

greg wrote:
Plus that cover is a STUNNER! And sites like ebay are really hot on SPECIFIC artists and Sauvage in the last few months has become one of those artists. Mattina is another one.
Edward

greg

Post by greg »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:Hey, from my perspective, that really did help lay it all out. I've heard some of the argument regarding #180 and #181, but never put the way you break it down (#181 is more popular because it shows Wolverine on the cover). Very interesting!
The "traditional argument" is that Hulk #181 is a "full appearance" where he's on more than just one page, but I don't think many people would say that Hulk #181 would be the "better book" if he didn't appear (prominently) on the cover of #181.

The first appearance of Darkseid gives us the reasoning. Jimmy Olsen #134 has Darkseid's head in one panel, showing on a monitor (not "in person"), and it's the biggest Darkseid book in the market because the next time Darkseid appeared, he wasn't on the cover either.

paradise

Post by paradise »

Just added a ridiculously discounted set of all 4 covers, basically buy Sauvage and the rest are cover price each or close to it.
Edward

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

What happened to the "free shipping?" I was about to buy yesterday with free shipping...now that is gone.

paradise

Post by paradise »

Juki wrote:What happened to the "free shipping?" I was about to buy yesterday with free shipping...now that is gone.
Lowered prices on most and running low on some.

BTW if you buy 3 or more you get 15 percent off to make up for no free shipping
Edward

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

Haha....ok.... That's a great deal.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

paradise wrote:
Juki wrote:What happened to the "free shipping?" I was about to buy yesterday with free shipping...now that is gone.
Lowered prices on most and running low on some.

BTW if you buy 3 or more you get 15 percent off to make up for no free shipping

Ok... I ordered mine before they are gone.... Thanks Ed!

What do you think the print number is on this particular Sauvage issue? I'm not sure what "more like Acclaim numbers" would mean in real numbers.

paradise

Post by paradise »

I have no idea on print runs honestly. I know how much I buy and that is enough for me.
Edward

greg

Post by greg »

Juki wrote:What do you think the print number is on this particular Sauvage issue? I'm not sure what "more like Acclaim numbers" would mean in real numbers.
The Sauvage variant is "Cover D" with no incentive requirements, and the Ninjak #1 number reported by Comichron is 24,351 for all $3.99 covers.
We know that the Comichron number is usually low, particularly if there are other variants for store exclusives, but I don't think those would impact the number of Cover D that sold.

Just a ballpark guess, but I'd say Cover D, Ninjak #1 Sauvage is probably around 5,000 copies... and I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually closer to 3,000.

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

greg wrote:
Juki wrote:What do you think the print number is on this particular Sauvage issue? I'm not sure what "more like Acclaim numbers" would mean in real numbers.
The Sauvage variant is "Cover D" with no incentive requirements, and the Ninjak #1 number reported by Comichron is 24,351 for all $3.99 covers.
We know that the Comichron number is usually low, particularly if there are other variants for store exclusives, but I don't think those would impact the number of Cover D that sold.

Just a ballpark guess, but I'd say Cover D, Ninjak #1 Sauvage is probably around 5,000 copies... and I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually closer to 3,000.
So basically Greg...

You are saying the print run is the lower end of the "Acclaim years"? :lol:

I remember seeing some chart or something (I think it was something you created?) that showed print runs and what they are considered. If I remember when you got below 5000 copies on something, THAT was legitimately considered "rare".

Am I right on that?

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;