ValiantFans.com Message Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Dec 12, 2017 12:36:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:20:12 pm 
Kalfus brother
Kalfus brother

Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
After years in the music and gaming industries, I've been placing all my promotional items on eBay. This includes some Shadowman sunglasses I recently found. In the near future I'll be adding other Valiant related promotional items and comic books too.

Auctions here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/ontournow/m.html

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:44:04 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11443

Read #4

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:16:18 am 
Kalfus brother
Kalfus brother

bobby97801 wrote:
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11443

Read #4

I've been a collector of Valiant comics since day 1. This includes everything from working in the industry to putting together comic book shows and booking Valiant illustrators and writers. As such, I have lots of neat items I've collected over the years and this seems like the right place to share them. My kids aren't into this stuff, so better they go to true fans who have an appreciation of it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19:36 am 
not unlike me
not unlike me

Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
It's no problem. We used to have a lot of guys "just show up" on this message board and try to sell their Valiant stuff directly to the board members at full (or too high) prices, with zero indication that they even knew what Valiant was... which put all of the risk on the board members, since the sales weren't monitored, the payments were private and unprotected, and the seller was a complete unknown.

You're pointing to your stuff on Ebay, so there's less risk because you have visible Ebay feedback and a history of sales. There's less risk because Ebay sales have buyer protection, and you've declared that you were a Valiant fan and in the industry.

What remains is that none of us know who you are, so you've essentially just arrived and said "buy my stuff", so there's some backlash because we've seen that many times before, but I think you'll have interested buyers when the price is right.

:thumb:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:15:23 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

The Shadowman Sunglasses don't come up often, but I think 500 might be reaching a bit. I can't remember off hand what the highest price paid is, but I'm thinking it's under 200. You never know though, give it a while and see. iggy101us would probably know more about it, hopefully he sees this thread and can give us some more info. Good luck with the sales.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:17:02 pm 
not unlike me
not unlike me

Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Daniel Jackson wrote:
The Shadowman Sunglasses don't come up often, but I think 500 might be reaching a bit. I can't remember off hand what the highest price paid is, but I'm thinking it's under 200. You never know though, give it a while and see. iggy101us would probably know more about it, hopefully he sees this thread and can give us some more info. Good luck with the sales.

I think the ones in the metal (silvery) case were the highest valued.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40:26 pm 
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.

Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Currently Ninjak
It's an $80-100 item, most times. Seen it higher, though - say near $200.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27:49 am 
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

I got mine from a board member for $45 shipped...

... in 2011 :wink:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:30:43 am 

Daniel Jackson wrote:

If that pair sells for close to $500, I know where there's another pair for sale. facepalm

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:24:15 pm 
Kalfus brother
Kalfus brother

greg wrote:
It's no problem. We used to have a lot of guys "just show up" on this message board and try to sell their Valiant stuff directly to the board members at full (or too high) prices, with zero indication that they even knew what Valiant was... which put all of the risk on the board members, since the sales weren't monitored, the payments were private and unprotected, and the seller was a complete unknown.

You're pointing to your stuff on Ebay, so there's less risk because you have visible Ebay feedback and a history of sales. There's less risk because Ebay sales have buyer protection, and you've declared that you were a Valiant fan and in the industry.

What remains is that none of us know who you are, so you've essentially just arrived and said "buy my stuff", so there's some backlash because we've seen that many times before, but I think you'll have interested buyers when the price is right.

:thumb:

Greats points. Due to what you've called out is the reason I'm pointing folks here to eBay instead of going direct. Nobody knows me, even if I had 100 posts here, I would still be more or less of a mystery. I entrust my solid eBay feedback and its mechanisms assure would be buyers that I'm safe to buy from there.

In regard to the high price... they very well may be high, but that's why the "best offer" option was added. I researched eBay ahead of time and found three other instances of them selling for well over $100.

Back to the theme of this message board... Valiant fans. I'll always be one at heart. I have two cases of Valiant comics, mainly X-O Manowar related. I wish my kids were into this stuff, but they have taken on other hobbies. My goal is to sell "some" of my collection to fund hobbies my kids are into. Hopefully I won't be beat up too badly for that;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59:10 pm 
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

highanx wrote:
Back to the theme of this message board... Valiant fans. I'll always be one at heart.

Welcome to the board!

Offline Profile