Long Overdue Kudos to VF.com Board Members

Quick access to important topics since 2004

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

hotwings1979
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by hotwings1979 »

I'd like to say a big kudos to Knightt!

I appreciate all of your help with the copy of the Fatale TPB and the additional comics to get me started on dead universes! I'm especially looking forward to cracking open the Defiant books. :P

Once again, I really appreciate it!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eric

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

BOO to the YAA, buddy !!!

:thumb:

Prelate1
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Prelate1 »

A big thank you to Dellamorte for a great transaction.

The Ultraverse "shelf talkers" arrived today. :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Prelate1 wrote:A big thank you to Dellamorte for a great transaction.

The Ultraverse "shelf talkers" arrived today. :thumb:
OH MAN, I didn't know that those were up for sale ? I musta just blew by that or was just overwhelmed with the pics. GOOD SCORE !!!! della is da bomb !!!

toddyboy
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by toddyboy »

special thanks to iggy for giving me his copy of the harbinger war print! very generous of u, and i appreciate it! :thumb:

also thanks to tim for a bunch of free comics! free is my favorite number 8-) :thumb:

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

Big thanks to Knight, he makes this place great, and is a good friend.

hulk181man
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis

Post by hulk181man »

superman-prime wrote:Big thanks to Knight, he makes this place great, and is a good friend.
Kudos as well --- he hooked me up with some sweet Ultraverse variants recently. Great stuff and very thankful for them. :clap:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Super kudos out to dino for the recent package that he sent to me... exactly what I was needing. THANKS MAN !!!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Some positive feedback and kudos go out to vikingspawn for the great deal on a Mass Effect HC from Dark Horse and a few freebie books (WHICH started my newest 'Star Wars Needs List'). Everything came in packed VERY well and the bonus books were just an extra warm and fuzzy.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

More kudos going out to 400yrs... I got a mostly full short box from 'fo filled with some great books I bought from him and some VERY nice extras. I lost my Wolverine collection YEARS ago in a nazi-ignited fire so 400yrs gave me a great deal on Wolverine 11-85 (and other Wolvie books of a higher number) and threw in a few extra Wolvie TPBs and also gave me a great deal on Star Wars: Rebellion TPBs 1 and 2 which are AWESOME !!

Thanks for the freebies, the great deals and the fantastically quick shipping.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Knightt wrote:More kudos going out to 400yrs... I got a mostly full short box from 'fo filled with some great books I bought from him and some VERY nice extras. I lost my Wolverine collection YEARS ago in a nazi-ignited fire so 400yrs gave me a great deal on Wolverine 11-85 (and other Wolvie books of a higher number) and threw in a few extra Wolvie TPBs and also gave me a great deal on Star Wars: Rebellion TPBs 1 and 2 which are AWESOME !!

damn Nazi's.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

ian_house wrote:
Knightt wrote:More kudos going out to 400yrs... I got a mostly full short box from 'fo filled with some great books I bought from him and some VERY nice extras. I lost my Wolverine collection YEARS ago in a nazi-ignited fire so 400yrs gave me a great deal on Wolverine 11-85 (and other Wolvie books of a higher number) and threw in a few extra Wolvie TPBs and also gave me a great deal on Star Wars: Rebellion TPBs 1 and 2 which are AWESOME !!

damn Nazi's.
Word... :mad:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Well, I was just sent a HUGE box of Star Wars comics from sbcomics (something like 160 comics)... totally out of the blue and Matt was INCREDIBLY generous with the box of comics. Thus, changing my collection strategy considerably.

I want to thank Matt for the INCREDIBLE gesture on his part and doing what many of us do here... and that is help each other with our collections. I will be posting more on this later but off the top of my head, a very nice chunk was taken out of the following titles:

SW: Knights of the Old Republic
SW: Legacy
SW: Dark Times
SW: Rebellion
SW: Republic
SW: Rogue Squadron

And a BOAT LOAD of mini series like Crimson Empire, Tales of the Jedi, Episodes I, II and III, Droids and many many others leaving me none or one issue being needed to complete these stories. With what Matt sent to me it gave me better resolution as to what is out there to read and I am pleasantly surprised at how good some of the older and more obscure stories are... very surprised.

SBCOMICS... Matt, thank you very much. First thing is your support for the Dead Universes. I add to your blog of "2011 comics read in 2011" whenever I can. If there is a way to receive notification upon posting a new 'comic read' blog, I would greatly appreciate it. I am not savvy on how these things work. But your blogging of DU books is a great point of interest and I highly recommend checking out Matt's blog and posting your comments. Secondly, thank you VERY much for the books. You opened my eyes to even more stories within the Star Wars universe and they are something that I must have been needing as the OLD SW movies were my bread and butter. When Lucas came out with the prequels I was sorely disappointed but it at least kept the Star Wars universe alive and continuing forward with epic stories. Now, I go on 'the hunt' to complete many of the stories that you sent to me. Thank you for giving me that feeling I had when the first Star Wars movie came out in theaters. I think that I had forgotten that portion of my childhood (I was 11 years old at that time, 1977) and it was a VERY good time. It is hard to recapture that feeling in your chest of reeaaaally being excited and pleased with a movie and the cool things that come from those movies. You made me remember that... and right now, it is something that I needed.

Thank you.

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
hotwings1979 ROCKS!

Post by JonesyAZ »

I received a box in the mail this last Saturday from my good friend "hotwings1979." For the cost of shipping, Eric sent me a mint copy of Solar 1 and Harbinger 0 pink!!!! To hold the Harby pink in my hands is yet another true comic dream come true for me!

Thank you SOOOOO much Eric for these awesome collectibles! I will cherish them forever, bro!!!!

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

good stuff :clap:

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

Thank you, sonicdan, for the Unity cards!!!

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Thanks to BruceReville for the FREE Cyberrad #1 variants! :thumb: :thumb:

hotwings1979

Post by hotwings1979 »

Since 2009 this has been the place that I go to get away from it all. I've come here to indulge in my hobby that has brought me so much joy. Over the past fifteen months I have studied hard, learned a lot and you all have provided me with so many great days!

Thank you for making me feel so welcome here and here's a much overdo kudos to all of you!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dhudson1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: duh, X-O
Favorite writer: ditti
Favorite artist: all of them
Re: hotwings1979 ROCKS!

Post by dhudson1 »

WOW
JonesyAZ wrote:I received a box in the mail this last Saturday from my good friend "hotwings1979." For the cost of shipping, Eric sent me a mint copy of Solar 1 and Harbinger 0 pink!!!! To hold the Harby pink in my hands is yet another true comic dream come true for me!

Thank you SOOOOO much Eric for these awesome collectibles! I will cherish them forever, bro!!!!

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Big shout-out to Fo. Great transaction. Great packing job. And another free A&A#0. :roll:

He even went to the post office to check on a tracking # F-up.

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
Re: hotwings1979 ROCKS!

Post by JonesyAZ »

Yes, I was very surprised at hotwings' kindness to me. I definitely don't feel I deserved it...HOWEVER...I 150% appreciate the generosity, for sure :)
dhudson1 wrote:WOW
JonesyAZ wrote:I received a box in the mail this last Saturday from my good friend "hotwings1979." For the cost of shipping, Eric sent me a mint copy of Solar 1 and Harbinger 0 pink!!!! To hold the Harby pink in my hands is yet another true comic dream come true for me!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I have had these items for a bit now and have been a bit lazy in posting them. Both are recent items sent to me by some cooool dudes.

I want to thank JonesyAZ and Steve Topper for the AWESOME swag !!!

First off (in order of receiving them) from JonesyAZ is a VERY cool Ultraverse gold promo card encased in acrylic and given out at the Diamond 10th Annual Seminar and numbered to 1100. I now have 0189/1100:

Next is a very special and personalized 'The Chris Scott Collection' HardCover bound edition of Bloodshot 0-19 and Secret Weapons 9-10. The personalization is a very nice touch. My first Valiant Comics Bound Book (VCBB). THANKS Steve !!

I am a big supporter of this section and the posting off the great things that board members send back and forth to each other. I have waited too long to post these items and know that I have more around here that I will be posting from months ago.

If some board greatness makes it's way to your home, PLEASE tell us about it, post about it, post photos of it and more so, please post about the great board members that made it happen !!!

(I have asked Greg to tilt the photos back to normal view. Photobucket is tilting these on me for some reason.)

hotwings1979

Post by hotwings1979 »

This evening, when I arrived home, I was excited to see a large, heavy box sitting on the dining room table. :) The box was packed to the gils with Defiant books. Nearly a complete run of Plasm, Good Guys, Prudence and Caution, and Dark Dominion. Not mention the signed dark dominion one with the three cards!

Knightt, you totally made my day! :)

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Thanks X-O HoboJoe for the amazing page you drew for the March of Dimes fund-raising.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Awesome job, Stu.