ValiantFans.com Message Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Dec 13, 2017 11:32:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:46:35 pm 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18537
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
I think those look pretty cool, in a tacky toy way. I'd be very surprised if someone from here didn't get them.

In fact, I'm putting in a bid right now ...


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:02:06 pm 
Stan Lee asked for my opinion until 2015. He's on his own now.
Stan Lee asked for my opinion until 2015.  He's on his own now.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:13:44 pm
Posts: 3896
Location: THE LOST LAND
depluto wrote:
I think those look pretty cool, in a tacky toy way. I'd be very surprised if someone from here didn't get them.

In fact, I'm putting in a bid right now ...


That's exactly why I posted the auction before it ended. :thumb:

_________________
:hm:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:42:41 am 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18537
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
mrwoogieman wrote:
depluto wrote:
I think those look pretty cool, in a tacky toy way. I'd be very surprised if someone from here didn't get them.

In fact, I'm putting in a bid right now ...


That's exactly why I posted the auction before it ended. :thumb:


We have a winner!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:59:27 am 
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:05:13 pm
Posts: 9690
Location: Cheese-Steak Land
depluto wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:
depluto wrote:
I think those look pretty cool, in a tacky toy way. I'd be very surprised if someone from here didn't get them.

In fact, I'm putting in a bid right now ...


That's exactly why I posted the auction before it ended. :thumb:


We have a winner!


good deal, do you have any of the Ultraverse figures? I'd like to see Prime kicking Turok's *SQUEE*! :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:59:27 am 
Stan Lee asked for my opinion until 2015. He's on his own now.
Stan Lee asked for my opinion until 2015.  He's on his own now.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:13:44 pm
Posts: 3896
Location: THE LOST LAND
depluto wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:
depluto wrote:
I think those look pretty cool, in a tacky toy way. I'd be very surprised if someone from here didn't get them.

In fact, I'm putting in a bid right now ...


That's exactly why I posted the auction before it ended. :thumb:


We have a winner!


You da man!

Now, if you're like me when I was a kid, those figures should all be in a field hospital in a couple days - firecrackers and such take a toll...

_________________
:hm:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:14:16 am 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18537
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Brother J wrote:
depluto wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:
depluto wrote:
I think those look pretty cool, in a tacky toy way. I'd be very surprised if someone from here didn't get them.

In fact, I'm putting in a bid right now ...


That's exactly why I posted the auction before it ended. :thumb:


We have a winner!


good deal, do you have any of the Ultraverse figures? I'd like to see Prime kicking Turok's *SKREE*! :thumb:


I actually won a neatstuff auction for about 25 Ultraverse figures, half were the rare black ones, for $25 shipped. I thought it was too good to be true, and they sent me an email shortly after saying they goofed and don't have the figures after all.

They sent me a refund.

And now I've seen them put up some of the same figures in smaller, more pricey lots.

:thumb:

Ebay rocks!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:14:19 pm 
Stan Lee asked for my opinion until 2015. He's on his own now.
Stan Lee asked for my opinion until 2015.  He's on his own now.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:13:44 pm
Posts: 3896
Location: THE LOST LAND
I was just reading a copy of Comic Book Collector #13 that I picked up earlier today, cover date Jan. 1994.

Man what a hoot the feature story was, titled The Valiant Universe: One Year Later! It contains some real gems from Jon Hartz, things like:

yeah, we've lost 1/3 of our circulation numbers since the speculator bubble popped, but we prefer to sell to readers, and, our numbers are going down slower than the other companies! Pop the Champagne boys!! (okay, I made up that last one about the Champagne :wink: )

But my favorite part about reading these old articles is the stuff they never got around to doing, and this article is no exception: Second Life of Doctor Mirage #0, anyone?

Plus they were running a contest, grand prize was a signed Ninjak 1 gold edition, signed by Joey Q., Palmiotti and Moretti.

_________________
:hm:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:33:57 pm 
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:15:20 pm
Posts: 260
mrwoogieman wrote:
I was just reading a copy of Comic Book Collector #13 that I picked up earlier today, cover date Jan. 1994.

Man what a hoot the feature story was, titled The Valiant Universe: One Year Later! It contains some real gems from Jon Hartz, things like:

yeah, we've lost 1/3 of our circulation numbers since the speculator bubble popped, but we prefer to sell to readers, and, our numbers are going down slower than the other companies! Pop the Champagne boys!! (okay, I made up that last one about the Champagne :wink: )

But my favorite part about reading these old articles is the stuff they never got around to doing, and this article is no exception: Second Life of Doctor Mirage #0, anyone?

Plus they were running a contest, grand prize was a signed Ninjak 1 gold edition, signed by Joey Q., Palmiotti and Moretti.


First time I've heard of Mirage #0....what would it have been about? We already know his origin :think:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:22:09 pm 
Stan Lee asked for my opinion until 2015. He's on his own now.
Stan Lee asked for my opinion until 2015.  He's on his own now.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:13:44 pm
Posts: 3896
Location: THE LOST LAND
shadowmite wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:
I was just reading a copy of Comic Book Collector #13 that I picked up earlier today, cover date Jan. 1994.

Man what a hoot the feature story was, titled The Valiant Universe: One Year Later! It contains some real gems from Jon Hartz, things like:

yeah, we've lost 1/3 of our circulation numbers since the speculator bubble popped, but we prefer to sell to readers, and, our numbers are going down slower than the other companies! Pop the Champagne boys!! (okay, I made up that last one about the Champagne :wink: )

But my favorite part about reading these old articles is the stuff they never got around to doing, and this article is no exception: Second Life of Doctor Mirage #0, anyone?

Plus they were running a contest, grand prize was a signed Ninjak 1 gold edition, signed by Joey Q., Palmiotti and Moretti.


First time I've heard of Mirage #0....what would it have been about? We already know his origin :think:


First time I'd heard of it as well. The article says, " On the horizon are four zero issues: Bloodshot 0, Turok 0, Ninjak 0 and TSLODM 0." But, the article doesn't say what it was supposed to be about.

Obviously the other three were made, and a Ninjak 00 as well, but no Mirage 0...

_________________
:hm:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:07:20 pm 
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:28:09 pm
Posts: 6532
Location: down down down to mephisto's cafe
I found a two page interview with Marty Stever and Tony Bedard in Vantage#5 Aug 1994 cover date. It deals mostly with Acclaims purchase of the company.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:16:58 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:41:34 am
Posts: 2928
Location: Northern Exposure
depluto wrote:
I actually won a neatstuff auction for about 25 Ultraverse figures, half were the rare black ones, for $25 shipped. I thought it was too good to be true, and they sent me an email shortly after saying they goofed and don't have the figures after all.

They sent me a refund.

And now I've seen them put up some of the same figures in smaller, more pricey lots.

:thumb:

Ebay rocks!


Is this a typical occurence on ebay (neatstuff?? I know they stopped selling on ebay about a year ago when the negs and neutrals kept flooding in). :o


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:28:53 am 
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:41:48 am
Posts: 8322
Location: Stockholm
dellamorte wrote:
I found a two page interview with Marty Stever and Tony Bedard in Vantage#5 Aug 1994 cover date. It deals mostly with Acclaims purchase of the company.


Any interesting revelations?

/Magnus


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:36:08 am 
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:28:09 pm
Posts: 6532
Location: down down down to mephisto's cafe
magnusr wrote:
Any interesting revelations?

/Magnus


When asked about Valiants place in the industy in five years.

"..Marvel and DC won't be thought of as the Big Two. Valiant and maybe one or two other companies will be big enough and successful enough to be considered major."

How wrong can you be. :(


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:43:17 am 
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:28:09 pm
Posts: 6532
Location: down down down to mephisto's cafe
Here's an interesting quote from Triumphant owner Adam Post from the same issue of Vantage.

"..We've all heard that Valiant is planning to pubish another universe, right? They need more titles? Or do they need to bring the quality up on their current titles to get the Image numbers? I don't believe that it's impossible for Valiant comics to sell as much as Image comics. Why can't they have better coloring? Is Rob Liefeld a genius? Maybe he is. Is Todd McFarlane a genius? Is Valiant reinvesting in quality? NO. They're following the Marvel pattern...Let's put out more."


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:11:03 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37928
dellamorte wrote:
Here's an interesting quote from Triumphant owner Adam Post from the same issue of Vantage.

"..We've all heard that VALIANT is planning to pubish another universe, right? They need more titles? Or do they need to bring the quality up on their current titles to get the Image numbers? I don't believe that it's impossible for VALIANT comics to sell as much as Image comics. Why can't they have better coloring? Is Rob Liefeld a genius? Maybe he is. Is Todd McFarlane a genius? Is VALIANT reinvesting in quality? NO. They're following the Marvel pattern...Let's put out more."


Ominious words.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:44:15 pm 
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:14:07 am
Posts: 3765
Location: Los Angeles / NYC
Valiant fan since: 1993
mrwoogieman wrote:
I was just reading a copy of Comic Book Collector #13 that I picked up earlier today, cover date Jan. 1994.

Man what a hoot the feature story was, titled The VALIANT Universe: One Year Later! It contains some real gems from Jon Hartz, things like:


dellamorte wrote:
I found a two page interview with Marty Stever and Tony Bedard in Vantage#5 Aug 1994 cover date. It deals mostly with Acclaims purchase of the company.


updated :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:44:04 am 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18537
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
dino wrote:
Last edited by dino on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:43 pm; edited 43 times in total


:o :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:47:01 am 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37928
depluto wrote:
dino wrote:
Last edited by dino on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:43 pm; edited 43 times in total


:o :thumb:


Now that's a lot of editing.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:46:00 pm 
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:14:07 am
Posts: 3765
Location: Los Angeles / NYC
Valiant fan since: 1993
Jay Tomio wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but in the latest Wizard, they chose Magnus as a character they would like to see return this year (noteing his rights are owned by Random House). It's sidebar material where he was included with SGT Rock, Deathlok, Mr. Miracle, and Namor. Part of the quote says, "he could be another Conan with more depth"


Thanks for the heads up :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:23:29 pm 
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:28:09 pm
Posts: 6532
Location: down down down to mephisto's cafe
Not sure if this counts but I found sitting on my desk today a copy of Amazing Heroes #59 (Nov. 15th 1984) I think my wife picked it up at a garage sale and left if for me. Anyway it has an article titled I, Robot Fighter a hero history of Magnus Robot Fighter by Bill Henley Jr. It has 10 pages of Magnus goodness including a full page Magnus pic by Jeff Albrecht. It also features an issue breakdown that includes dates, titles, first app and origins as well as artists.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:09:42 pm 
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:07:56 pm
Posts: 3902
Location: Woods of Southeastern NC
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!
How do you tell a Wizard 17 Gold from a Wizard 17 Platinum?
:?
Anybody got pictures?


Top
  Online Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:38:25 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37928
geocarr wrote:
How do you tell a Wizard 17 Gold from a Wizard 17 Platinum?
:?
Anybody got pictures?


If I remember correctly, the color of the word “wizard” is where you can tell the difference.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:50:31 pm 
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:14:53 am
Posts: 4312
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
I found a bunch of these Valiant related mags yesterday, anyone have extras to sell? I want to collect em

_________________
Image
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:46:53 am 
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:14:53 am
Posts: 4312
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
BUMP! I'v been on a tear trying to get these, I have alot of good stuff, still need quite a few, anyone open to trades/sales? thanks.

_________________
Image
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:00:28 am 
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:27:32 am
Posts: 23010
Location: phx az (east valley)
how hard are the wizards with valiant stuff on the cover to find ?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group