ValiantFans.com Message Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Dec 17, 2017 7:00:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:50:47 pm 
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12:20 am
Posts: 8804
Location: Calizona Sector, North Am
My 1st newsstand sales price variant. Oooo . . . so pretty. The search is on for the rest of them.

Image


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:37:12 pm 
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44:48 am
Posts: 24987
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
iggy101us wrote:
My 1st newsstand sales price variant. Oooo . . . so pretty. The search is on for the rest of them.

Image



Nice book. :clap:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:41:56 am 
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:27:32 am
Posts: 23027
Location: phx az (east valley)
very sweet


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44:52 am 
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:30:20 pm
Posts: 9572
Location: somewhere in the valiant universe
Sweet! :clap:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:53:16 am 
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:55:58 pm
Posts: 3229
Location: Central, PA
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis
Congrats! :clap:

Now trade it to me....


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:45:12 am 
...formerly mjm00014
...formerly mjm00014
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:41:04 am
Posts: 1097
Location: Nor'easter Land
Hooray :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:04:44 pm 
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12:20 am
Posts: 8804
Location: Calizona Sector, North Am
Thanks guys.

I also have reasons to believe that newsstand variants exist for Magic the Gathering Shadow Mage #1-4

The below fuzzy picture from mycomicshop.com below does not say "Direct Sales" in the UPC bar code area. It's similar to the other newsstand variants in that the secondary bar code is thinner than that of the Direct Sales version. If Shadow Mage #4 exists, then #1-3 probably exist as well. That's how it was with Antiquities - at first we only identified #1 then I found #2 and #4. The Shadow Mage #4 variant is similar to the Antiquities #2 in that it does not say "Newsstand Sales" even though the UPC box is definitely different.

Image

Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:39:25 pm 
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:41:48 am
Posts: 8323
Location: Stockholm
iggy101us wrote:
I also have reasons to believe that newsstand variants exist for Magic the Gathering Shadow Mage #1-4


Good info!

/Magnus


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:20:10 pm 
nice one
nice one
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31:59 pm
Posts: 4068
nice :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:09:22 pm 
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:06:15 pm
Posts: 1033
picked up two Bloodshot #36 newsstands today for $1 each :D

Image


Last edited by toddyboy on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:32:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:01:03 pm 
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44:48 am
Posts: 24987
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
toddyboy wrote:
picked up two Bloodshot #36 newsstands today for $1 each :D



Congrats.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:50:14 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37928
Good deal on those.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:38:51 pm 
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:55:58 pm
Posts: 3229
Location: Central, PA
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis
iggy101us wrote:
I have found a newsstand sales variant for Magic the Gathering Antiquities War #2. I know it does not say "Newsstand Sales" like all the other newsstand sales variant found so far but here's why I think it's a newsstand sales variant:

(1) it clearly does not say "Direct Sales" on it.
(2) the UPC bar code numbers are different.
(3) if you compare the UPC numbers versus Antiquities War #4, they appear to be in sequence (#2 is 0 71896 46610 2 14 while #4 is 0 71896 46610 2 16).

I think this is a really cool variant of the newsstand sales variant because it does not say "Newsstand Sales" on it.

Image

Image




I picked up a copy of Antiquities War # 3 today that is exactly like your # 2. It does NOT say direction sales, but merely has a bar code with no version indicated.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:41:49 pm 
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12:20 am
Posts: 8804
Location: Calizona Sector, North Am
Very nice. I have 1,2,4 - missing the #3 that you just discovered.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:50:19 pm 
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:55:58 pm
Posts: 3229
Location: Central, PA
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis
iggy101us wrote:
Very nice. I have 1,2,4 - missing the #3 that you just discovered.



Always good to confirm the entire set exists :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:36:47 pm 
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:55:58 pm
Posts: 3229
Location: Central, PA
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis
iggy101us wrote:
Thanks guys.

I also have reasons to believe that newsstand variants exist for Magic the Gathering Shadow Mage #1-4

The below fuzzy picture from mycomicshop.com below does not say "Direct Sales" in the UPC bar code area. It's similar to the other newsstand variants in that the secondary bar code is thinner than that of the Direct Sales version. If Shadow Mage #4 exists, then #1-3 probably exist as well. That's how it was with Antiquities - at first we only identified #1 then I found #2 and #4. The Shadow Mage #4 variant is similar to the Antiquities #2 in that it does not say "Newsstand Sales" even though the UPC box is definitely different.

Image

Image


I can confirm Shadow Mage # 3 is the same as your # 4. Found it at a local con last weekend, it has a different bar code and does not say 'Direct Sales.'

1 and 2 probably exist as well....


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39:41 pm 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:22:21 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Jacksonville FL, North Am 2010 A.D.
hulk181man wrote:
iggy101us wrote:
Thanks guys.

I also have reasons to believe that newsstand variants exist for Magic the Gathering Shadow Mage #1-4

The below fuzzy picture from mycomicshop.com below does not say "Direct Sales" in the UPC bar code area. It's similar to the other newsstand variants in that the secondary bar code is thinner than that of the Direct Sales version. If Shadow Mage #4 exists, then #1-3 probably exist as well. That's how it was with Antiquities - at first we only identified #1 then I found #2 and #4. The Shadow Mage #4 variant is similar to the Antiquities #2 in that it does not say "Newsstand Sales" even though the UPC box is definitely different.

Image

Image


I can confirm Shadow Mage # 3 is the same as your # 4. Found it at a local con last weekend, it has a different bar code and does not say 'Direct Edition.'

1 and 2 probably exist as well....


Hmmmm....I just saw a few of these in the Misc. long boxes @ the LCS....

I'll run in tomorrow and check to see if they are what is mentioned here.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:29:53 pm 
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12:20 am
Posts: 8804
Location: Calizona Sector, North Am
I just picked up these 2 newsstand sales variant recently. Magic the Gathering Fallen Empires #1 and #2 are actually COVER variants. I think these are the first times ever that the newsstand variant features a completely different cover. #1 is still in bag that's why it's wrinkly in the pic below.

Image

Image

Below are regular issues from mycomicshop:

Image

Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:15:04 pm 
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12:20 am
Posts: 8804
Location: Calizona Sector, North Am
Should this be moved to Hall of Fame section since other checklists are already there?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:27:17 pm 
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:11:13 am
Posts: 4893
Location: Nebraska!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa
Nice find Iggy!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:58:06 pm 
not unlike me
not unlike me
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:39:27 am
Posts: 20650
Location: Indoors
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
iggy101us wrote:
Should this be moved to Hall of Fame section since other checklists are already there?


Why not? :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:36:11 am 
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12:20 am
Posts: 8804
Location: Calizona Sector, North Am
I have been looking for other Armada and Windjammer newsstand sales variants besides Magic the Gathering but have not seen any. It does not mean that they do not exist since it has taken 15+ years to discover some of the MTG variants. Can anyone confirm whether other Armada and Windjammers (Bad Eggs, Armed and Dangerous, Valeria . . . ) exist? Otherwise I will keep checking when I have a chance.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:48:01 pm 
not unlike me
not unlike me
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:39:27 am
Posts: 20650
Location: Indoors
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
I can't confirm it, but I want to say that I remember seeing Valeria in a non-comic store (like Wal-Mart) at the time.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:29:28 pm 
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09:11 am
Posts: 19610
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
iggy101us wrote:
I have been looking for other Armada and Windjammer newsstand sales variants besides Magic the Gathering but have not seen any. It does not mean that they do not exist since it has taken 15+ years to discover some of the MTG variants. Can anyone confirm whether other Armada and Windjammers (Bad Eggs, Armed and Dangerous, Valeria . . . ) exist? Otherwise I will keep checking when I have a chance.


I cannot imagine that too many people out there were looking for newsstand variants for these books before you, Iggy.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51:46 am 
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12:20 am
Posts: 8804
Location: Calizona Sector, North Am
Regarding Magnus #57, are there newsstand sales variants for both the corrected and error?

Mike J confirmed only newsstand sales variant for the corrected Magnus #57. Just wondering if there's a newsstand sales variant for the error as well.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group