WTB: Kirby Fourth World comics

Non-VALIANT items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
WTB: Kirby Fourth World comics

Post by possumgrease »

Anyone looking to sell any Fourth World or Kamandi to Demon? I’m wanting to purchase Kirby’s DC output.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: WTB: Kirby Fourth World comics

Post by nycjadie »

I recently listed by dupes as I upgrade to higher grade copies (actually, better mid-grade).

Forever People 1 is the expensive one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282987820358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Demon 1 & 2:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273245336311" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mister Miracle Lot:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282987820377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282992353533" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jimmy Olsen Bargain Lot:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282987820381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kamandi:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273258239301" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a really nice Kirby Boy Commandos 1 in high grade as well.

Best,
Steve

possumgrease

Post by possumgrease »

Thanks Steve. I'll take a look at those.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

possumgrease wrote:Anyone looking to sell any Fourth World or Kamandi to Demon? I’m wanting to purchase Kirby’s DC output.
How'd this go over the last few months? I've been really into Kirby's Fourth World stuff lately too. I don't have much, two copies of Jimmy Olsen for Apocalypse, Mister Miracle #1, a high grade New Gods #1 (this is an amazing book) and I just picked up a VF Demon #1. I'd like to get the rest of the key New Gods and Mister Miracle books, but it's a slow haul.

possumgrease

Post by possumgrease »

I’ve been picking up some here and there, mostly settling for lower grades than I wanted. I assume the New Gods movie will only drive prices further up.

Jimmy Olson 134 is another one of those “is this a cameo or first appearance” quandaries.

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

possumgrease wrote:I’ve been picking up some here and there, mostly settling for lower grades than I wanted. I assume the New Gods movie will only drive prices further up.

Jimmy Olson 134 is another one of those “is this a cameo or first appearance” quandaries.
1st Appearance (cameo)
1st Appearance (full)
1st Appearance (promotional)

This is how I designate this stuff on my inventory. And as for which book do I chase either first or simply at all? I go with the greater market flow as well as a bit of where I land on it personally for a given book.

For example, I'm firmly in the camp that accepts Jimmy Olsen as the book in this instance. Iron Man #55 is the book (the robot argument is logically flawed because of confirmation bias - Thanos first appears in Iron Man #55, but that's another thread entirely). When it comes to Darkhawk, I reside on the Darkhawk #1 because that's a true comic, and although I own the Marvel Age issue, that's preview stuff. It's neat to own, but it's like saying that Omega Red first appeared on an insert poster. It's true, but that's not story content and we are investing in the story content, not preview drawings. Battlechasers is another interesting example but you can differentiate between the property as a whole and the individual characters, it's fun - BC Preview (Gully), Frank Frazetta #2, BC#1.

Also, I'm with you on the New Gods movie. I definitely believe that New Gods #1 is a massive book akin to Strange Tales #135 and Iron Man #55. But I've also read that the movie will focus on Mr. Miracle and Barda. If that's true, then the Mister Miracle run could be the book that really inflates.

My market guess on this one? The Mister Miracle books will see big gains followed by some drop as the spec and hype books; but New Gods #1 is a legit long term key. They are all legit long term keys, but New Gods #1 is the stronger book in many ways.