Are there people like me out there?

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

96Valiantfan
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Are there people like me out there?

Post by 96Valiantfan »

YES! My Valiant story starts at a flea market looking thru comic boxes and choosen Turok #1.When I got home and read it I went to my local comic book store and picked more up.I started to get back issues whenever I could(funds) and started to get all new titles.When Acclaim bought them out I got excited because of the new things they could do with the stories,instead they broke my heart and destroyed my universe.I did follow the new stories but it just was not the same.When the bubble popped and I started to see all my favorite stories and covers for 25 cents.I think I was the only one in my area picking them up becase the dealers started to get to know me and I was able to get some cool rare books and promos.I just pulled my runs of Valiant out of the attic to look thru and went online to check what if any news was going on,and I came across this great website and had to join.Its nice to finally find the missing half of my amulet thats been hanging around my neck since that day at the market!!!

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Welcome aboard. I think you will find there are a lot of people here with a similar story. It was a tragedy to see what was happening with the Valiant characters under Acclaim's inept attempt to run a comic book company. There were a few things they got right, but overall it was a joke. Stick around cause the Valiant Universe will be relaunched someday. Hopefully the new owners can pick up where Jim Shooter left off and do the characters justice once again

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Welcome to the site :thumb:

tcolli
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man
Forget Col Sanders - I'm the Chicken Man

Post by tcolli »

Welcome :thumb:
I do chicken right!

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
96valiantfan

Post by dac55 »

Your story sounds a lot like mine. But the comic book store gave me a few Valiants and I was hooked. I payed dearly for the early books. And I just about left when Shooter did. I did not follow Acclaim. But when the comic book store closed I bought ever Valiant book he had, it was over 900 of them Just couldent see them with out a home. But all of them are the common ones. So I know where you are comming from. Still missing a few. But I will get the whole set one day.

David

childres
The more you post, the more you want to.
The more you post, the more you want to.

Post by childres »

Welcome to the boards!

-Joe

inmyblood

Post by inmyblood »

Welcome to the board :thumb:

300 posts!! Hooorrraayyy!!!!
Last edited by inmyblood on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

inmyblood

Post by inmyblood »

Last edited by inmyblood on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

inmyblood

Post by inmyblood »

Byrneout
...and in THIS corner...
...and in THIS corner...
Location: Originally Hell's Kitchen, NY - *SKREE* that "Clinton, NY" *SKREE* - now Cincinnati, OH

Post by Byrneout »

Welcome!