Eh, my story.

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

chuck814
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Eh, my story.

Post by chuck814 »

I started "collecting" when about 6 or 7 years ago. I went to a local shop with a friend of mine. I was just looking around, and found a copy of Bloodshot #0, I took a quick peek, saw lots of blood and whatnot, so I picked up a few issues. Eventually, I got all the issues that they had there, and I started picking up other series, mostly Ninjak, and X-O Manowar. I enjoyed the comics, and they were only like 25 cents each, so I could actually buy them. After a while I couldn't find any new ones, so I threw whatever I had in a box, and put them in my attic. Flash forward until a couple months ago. I moved back into town, and got my own place. I was at my parents house getting my old stuff out of the attic, and ran across my box. I took them with me, and started re-reading them. Decided to go get some more, so I drop about $50 on a bunch of back issues. Well, the shop around here got rid of all their 50 cent bins, so now I have to resort to e-bay for my comics. I don't have many, but the ones I do have I thoroughly enjoy reading.

X-O Dan-O-War
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by X-O Dan-O-War »

Good stuff. Welcome!

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
Re: Eh, my story.

Post by Daniel Jackson »

chuck814 wrote: Well, the shop around here got rid of all their 50 cent bins,
Most of the shops I used to frequent have done the same.

chuck814

Post by chuck814 »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
Yeah, it's a real shame. I was hoping to pick up a bunch of the more common issues from there, but now I have to do everything online, and than pay shipping.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

chuck814 wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Yeah, it's a real shame. I was hoping to pick up a bunch of the more common issues from there, but now I have to do everything online, and than pay shipping.
A lot of shops that still have a few issues of Valiant left have this "Valiant is hot again" mindset. Instead of trying to get a fair price for the key issues they think it's 93 all over again and want an arm and a leg for the books. Needless to say no one is buying them.

Technique
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!
Thatched Roof Cottages!!!

Post by Technique »

Daniel Jackson wrote:...

A lot of shops that still have a few issues of Valiant left have this "Valiant is hot again" mindset. Instead of trying to get a fair price for the key issues they think it's 93 all over again and want an arm and a leg for the books. Needless to say no one is buying them.
It's funny because that is what you see if you look on ebay for Valiants. A lot of them even stick the "Valiant is HOT again" line in their auction. Then they have a minimum bid of $10 for Turok 1-10.

A good example would be MHC. Look what they have done to their Valiant (and even Acclaim) prices in the last few months. They used to be priced to move, now they are priced to sit.

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!

Post by Chuck »

Welcome aboard :thumb:
Cool name :thumb: