Switch to full style
Tell your own story of how you became a VALIANT collector. When did you start? Did you ever quit? What brought you back?
Post a reply

My Valiant story....

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:40:17 am

I was blessed to get to tell my story in an article for comic book invest. I am a long time collector and speculator. I have always been intimidated by Valiants vast universe. I got to spend some time with Dinesh and his staff and they really won me over.

https://comicbookinvest.com/2017/11/21/ ... -universe/

Re: My Valiant story....

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:06:04 pm

Welcome to the boards I read that article this morning before work :high-five:

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:23:07 pm

jackpdemayo wrote:I was blessed to get to tell my story in an article for comic book invest. I am a long time collector and speculator. I have always been intimidated by Valiants vast universe. I got to spend some time with Dinesh and his staff and they really won me over.

https://comicbookinvest.com/2017/11/21/ ... -universe/

I read this and found it a great deal of fun. I've watched others become fans, but seeing it from a speculators perspective is totally different.

Welcome to the boards, happy hunting!

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17:29 am

Welcome... Enjoy the boards!

Guys! Is it me or is everyone missing something here? Or have I missed this somewhere?

He claims that Valiant only gives out the variants that are EARNED.. The rest (minus a few) are later destroyed to stay true to the collector/speculator....

Isn't that the first time they have actually admitted that?

Rico

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:16:41 pm

Ricomortis wrote:Welcome... Enjoy the boards!

Guys! Is it me or is everyone missing something here? Or have I missed this somewhere?

He claims that Valiant only gives out the variants that are EARNED.. The rest (minus a few) are later destroyed to stay true to the collector/speculator....

Rico

You know, you could be right. I've never heard it from that angle, which means numbers would be lower than reported, somewhere close to the actual issued number.....

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:47:25 pm

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Ricomortis wrote:Welcome... Enjoy the boards!

Rico

You know, you could be right. I've never heard it from that angle, which means numbers would be lower than reported, somewhere close to the actual issued number.....

Actually Moose... I think it is NOT somewhere close to the actual issued number, but instead significantly lower. How many store order 20 or 50 issues that are required to get the variant? From my experience... Well I'm still waiting to walk into ANY shop that would qualify. Every single shop I have been into just has a couple of copies... If that. So if Dinesh is giving us some pertinent info... Then he is saying numbers are lower due to destroying a bunch of the variants because stores didn't meet requirements.

:?

Hope this is true...

Rico

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30:13 pm

welcome on the uss valiant

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:56:26 am

Welcome!

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:55:37 pm

Welcome friend! :thumb: