Switch to full style
Tell your own story of how you became a VALIANT collector. When did you start? Did you ever quit? What brought you back?
Post a reply

A French Valiant fan

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:37:07 pm

Hi !
I begun to read Valiant comics only this summer, with the first volume of the complete Rai by Matt Kindt and Clayton Crain (in the beautiful french hardcover edition) (because i'm french, yes) (thank you Bliss comics for your awesome french editions of Valiant books !) .
I am a long time comic book reader (almost 10 years), and i was reading mostly Marvel books before, and some DC and Image. Lately i grew tired of reading the same stories, again and again, from Marvel and DC. I knew of the existence of Valiant, but never take the time to read anything from this editor. It was time for me to read some of this books. And what a read ! A true coup de foudre !
A few months later, i've read all of Harbinger, X-O, Bloodshot, Archer and Armstrong, and a few more (mostly in French, a few english tpbs and single issues for the most recent books) and I can't stop to be amazed by the quality of these books! Matt Kindt is now one of my favorite writer. I am in love with Giorello, Crain and Suayan art. I'm following most of the Valiant books monthly. I am completely addicted.
I've discovered this forum while i was searching for other people thoughts on Rai, and if there was any info on the fate of my two favorite characters of this story... I've also discovered the podcast onlythevaliant, and listening to Sean and Chiclo and the others helped me a lot to understand what Valiant really is. I'm now listening to it daily.
I'm only beginning to collect books from the 90s valiant era. Living in France, even through ebay, it's not easy to collect these books cheaply. The shipping costs are HUGE. I've almost a complete Ninjak run, the first 14 issues of HARD corps and a few Dr mirage and Secret Weapons issues. Yes, not the best from the original Valiant, but i will be patient. I'm really happy, because I still have a lot of awesome Valiant books to collect and read.

One last thing : sorry for my weird english full of grammar mistakes. I think writing on this forum will also help me a lot with my english !

Re: A French Valiant fan

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41:14 pm

Welcome to the board! We love the stories of longtime readers of Marvel, DC, and Image who discover Valiant and love it!
:clap:

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:10:46 pm

Welcome brother :high-five:

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:52:49 am

Bienvenue

/Magnus

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:04:03 pm

Thank you !
I am still reading a few marvel books, but now my heart is to valiant.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:48:26 pm

Awesome story and Welcome!!!

-Brian

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:38:11 pm

Welcome!

We will help in any way we can... Lots of of good people here.

Rico

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:32:19 am

Welcome! :)

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:36:07 am

Welcome!

Get involved, your English is just fine!

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:07:11 am

Ami, entends-tu le vol noir des corbeaux sur nos comics?
Ami, entends-tu les cris sourds du industrie qu'on enchaîne?
Ohé, partisans, ouvriers et paysans c'est le Valiant,
Ce soir le Marvel et DC connaîtront le prix du médiocrité et des redémarrages.

Le chant des Valiants.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:52:30 pm

Thank you everyone !

Chiclo wrote:Ami, entends-tu le vol noir des corbeaux sur nos comics?

Le chant des Valiants.

Ah ah ! Merci Chiclo ! C'est magnifique !
I learned «le Chant des Partisans» at school many many years ago. I never thought i would read it here !

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:15:21 pm

Welcome :thumb:

Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:32:00 am

Alastor wrote:Thank you everyone !

Chiclo wrote:Ami, entends-tu le vol noir des corbeaux sur nos comics?

Le chant des Valiants.

Ah ah ! Merci Chiclo ! C'est magnifique !
I learned «le Chant des Partisans» at school many many years ago. I never thought i would read it here !

I only know the first verse, sadly.

Johnny Hallyday sings my favourite version.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46:08 am

Well...

Your national football team sucks!!!!! :D

:kidaround: Just kidding, many welcomes from a fellow european (portuguese) fan! :high-five:

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:40:57 pm

Chiclo wrote:I only know the first verse, sadly.

Johnny Hallyday sings my favourite version.

I never heard his version. He's not my favourite singer, but i will try to listen to it.

ShadowTuga wrote:Well...

Your national football team sucks!!!!! :D

:kidaround: Just kidding, many welcomes from a fellow european (portuguese) fan! :high-five:

You're probably right ! :lol: To be honest, i don't watch football ! You can say they suck, it doesn't bother me ! :lol:

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome !

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:43:29 am

Bonjour et bienvenue!

My French is probably quite terrible (I'm Canadian, but not from Quebec), so that is the most I will attempt, in order to minimize the butchering :D

Hope you enjoy the community here!
Post a reply