Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2015
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Raul Allen
Hey everyone!

Post by MC Kriet »

Hi, I'm new to the site but I've been following some of the threads since last year when I discovered Valiant. I started collecting comics a couple years ago, starting with some Marvel titles and getting into some from Image but it wasn't until Ninkak #1 debuted last March that I finally picked up a Valiant book. I had seen some of the titles in my LCS but I wasn't familiar with what Valiant was. I decided to do some research and soon discovered that Valiant was a connected universe (just like Marvel and DC) with all these cool sounding heroes. And then I saw where they were about to release a new ongoing series with Ninjak. It seemed like the perfect time to try out this new universe and so I picked it up and was instantly hooked. The art was amazing, the story was well told, and the whole feel of the book felt so different from anything else I had read from Marvel.

I decided to look deeper into Valiant to see what I had missed. That's when I found The Valiant and soon I had devoured all four issues. I was blown away again and that's when I realized I had become a Valiant fan. I had to read more books by this publisher and as soon as possible. Just about the time I had finished with The Valiant, Bloodshot Reborn came out and so I started picking up that title along with Ninjak. Since then I have been working on reading all the trades of Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer and Armstrong, and everything else Valiant has published. I'm just about caught up to where I began Valiant now and every month I look forward to the next installment in the Valiant Universe.

I don't know why I didn't join this site sooner but I'm glad I'm here now. I also recently decided to begin collecting old VH1 titles that I could find in the local shops around town so if anyone has any suggestions of which stories I should be on the look out for I'd appreciate it! Thanks and I'll see y'all around!

Tony_H
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Dr. Mirage
Favorite writer: Van Meter
Favorite artist: Braithwaite & Baron
Re: Hey everyone!

Post by Tony_H »

Bonsoir, MC! :thumb: Welcome aboard. There's a lot of folks here who know a lot about the history behind the books you're reading, so don't be shy about asking questions!

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Welcome to the boards! Post!

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Welcome! :high-five:

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Welcome! :clap:

bobby97801
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: X-O Manowar

Post by bobby97801 »

Welcome :thumb:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

MC Kriet wrote:
I don't know why I didn't join this site sooner but I'm glad I'm here now. I also recently decided to begin collecting old VH1 titles that I could find in the local shops around town so if anyone has any suggestions of which stories I should be on the look out for I'd appreciate it! Thanks and I'll see y'all around!
Welcome.

Most titles in VH1 are excellent up to the Unity event. After that you'll start to notice the titles start to change. A little at first, but then taking dramatic steps away from what made them great in the beginning. Some titles will start to read like they were being published by Image rather than Valiant. X-O, Magnus, Harbinger, Rai and Solar become almost unreadable by the end. Bloodshot, EW and A&A were still decent reads for the most part. That's a quick summary anyhow, hope that helps out a bit.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Welcome, glad you found us!

The Valiant is one of my favourite mini series of the modern Valiant era too :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Welcome!

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Beware Cyclops

Post by Beware Cyclops »

slym2none wrote:Welcome!

-slym
Ditto!