Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa
Valiant fan; now and forever!

Post by devangx5 »

I started reading comics when I was in school. At that time, around the late 80's and early 90's I could just read "The Phantom" published by an Indian publishing company, Indrajal Comics. That was my entry in to comics. It was borrowed reading and I got hooked. Over the next couple of years I read what I could get, through friend's and libraries and was able to get some Flash Gordon and Mandrake comics to read as well. Bahadur, another exclusive Indian title was being published by Indrajal at that time and it reflected the life and times of Indian people effectively. I was never able to purchase any because of financial reasons. I then lost track of comics and started reading again sometime in 2012 and that's when I came to know about Valiant. It also made me proud of the fact that the Valiant front-runners were Indians. I could not buy any singles then as I wasn't willing to pay hefty shipping charges. But, I loved Valiant and waited for their TPB's and soon enough I was able to buy as and when they released through online stores in India. I also started purchasing the hardcovers; the "Valiant Masters" from the old Valiant era. Then, I realized that at some point Valiant had started releasing Deluxe Editions of their titles and I love hardcovers. I just sold all my Valiant TPB's to at least three people at less than whatever I paid for... and they too fell in love with the amazing stories and artwork. I now wait for however long it takes and buy the Deluxe Editions; but, some titles, I still buy TPB's so that I do not miss anything!!! Yes, I buy comics from other publishers as well, but I always and excited to see Valiant titles landing at my doorstep.

Valiant Entertainment stories, they are the most wonderful stories I have come across in the comics medium. They are so relatable and so grounded that I can feel the characters. Also, I can understand the stories without having to lookup for extra information (unlike the two bigwigs.) The artwork is phenomenal too; especially, Lewis LaRosa, Cary Nord and Clayton Crain. I have falling in love with Rai and the artwork is stunningly awesome!

X-O Manowar started it all for me :) This title is phenomenal and all titles that I have read till date are equally phenomenal and have read most of them, but, am not up-to-date because of the waiting period for deluxe editions.

Sometime back, Valiant announced Book of Death and Legends of the Geomancer (LotG). When I read an article that LotG will not be collected, I was dejected; not because I couldn't afford it, but because I live on the other side of this world. And I didn't know whom to contact to purchase the series. So, I left it hanging in the air... until I saw them listed in Midtown Comics and some other online portals. Again, I was disappointed as the issues were exorbitantly priced. So, I almost gave up hope. Then, it struck me that Dinesh is one of the most accessible CCO's/CEO's in the comics industry and I requested him for a set of the LotG series. I told him that I will bear the costs of the comics as well as shipping as I wanted them, no matter what. He immediately asked me address and said that he will send them across, on Valiant!!! Plus, he said that all the issues will be signed by many from Team Valiant. Wow!!! Whoa!!! I was dumbstruck. I returned the favor, albeit in a different way and that's when I told him that I had ordered the Bloodshot Statue.

[I made sure that somehow I wanted to buy the Bloodshot Statue, whatever it costs and finally found one business here in India who imports such collectible statues and action figures. They said that it will cost me double because of the shipping as well as customs duties. I said, place the order!!! So, the order has been placed and I am so excited that I will be one among you all to own an exclusive, limited edition statue of Bloodshot!]

And there you go, that's my Valiant love! :) And some pics follow:

LotG Issues:
1 : Image
2 : Image
3 : Image
4 : Image
My Valiant Collection : Image

PS: I need help in recognizing the signatures on those LotG issues. I was able to identify around two, Dinesh and Atom Freeman!

devangx5
Re: Valiant fan; now and forever!

Post by devangx5 »

A BIG Thank You! to Greg for resolving an issue about a blocked IP which is now allowing me to post to this forum.

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Welcome! :clap:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Welcome to the board.

bobby97801
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by bobby97801 »

Great story. Welcome :thumb:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Hola compadre

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

:high-five:

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

Welcome! :thumb:
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

First, welcome to the boards! And does Dinesh take care of us, or what?!

Now, signatures. JJ is probably Josh Johns.... Is that RV? Then probably Venditti

We need a Valiant signatures reference guide.

adr11
Valiant fan since: 2015
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by adr11 »

Those hardcover deluxe editions are great. Really high quality. Was able to catch up a lot through some of those.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Welcome!

devangx5

Post by devangx5 »

Thank you all :) :D
Yes! Dinesh does take care of everyone! :high-five:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Dinesh is the man!! Did you know he started as a board member here before bringing back the modern Valiant?

Welcome to the board!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Welcome!

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Beware Cyclops

Post by Beware Cyclops »

slym2none wrote:Welcome!

-slym
What Slym said!