Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Mark Moretti
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
HOW I LOST MY VIRGINITY TO VALIANT

Post by Ninjak »

Fall 1993. When I was a young boy at the age of 9, I indulged in almost everything my older brother did for most of my youth. I followed him around after school to kill time before my parents got to the apartment. If we weren't playing street hockey, we were hanging out at the arcade (remember those?). When we weren't wasting quarters in the arcade, we were shoplifting various toys and hockey cards. When we weren't stealing from Walmart, we would be at the bookstore checking out the bra section of the Sears catalogue or staring at Playboy magazines, inconspicuously. Since the local library and the bookstore didn't have any books remotely cool to look at, except the Hardy Boys (the covers always looked cool), there was one shop in the mall that carried the only comics and also the unhealthiest selection of a-la-cart candy that you had to either scoop into a paper bag or pick up with tongs, but I digress. The Arnie, which was a $#!++y convenient store owned by a Korean family, had a swivelling metal news stand that had a small selection of bagless and boardless comic books that the store owner wouldn't let anybody look at unless anyone was buying them. So, when it came down to choosing a comic, my brother and I literally had to judge a book by its cover. Luckily, I choose wisely and used my allowance to pick up the store's last copy of NINJAK #1. Y'know, the one with the flashy kick @$$ chromium cover art, courtesy of Joe Quesada. At the time, Batman was my favorite superhero, Valiant had not tanked yet and I also watched a lot of American Ninja, Bloodsport, Kickboxer and various Jean-Claude movies, so NINJAK was the only natural choice. NINJAK #1 was the first official comic book that I ever purchased with my own money and the rest is history.

Fast forward to 2015. Thousands of dollars later, 9 long boxes later and dozens of conventions later, here I am 31 years young, typing this intro on my nightshift at work. The comic book universe is booming. Valiant is kicking @$$ again. Joe Quesada's art still kicks @$$. The convenient store, Arnie is still standing at the mall, selling $#!++y candy and diamond in the ruff comics.

Oh and I have a Youtube Channel that covers conventions. Subscribe!
-Karl

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Re: HOW I LOST MY VIRGINITY TO VALIANT

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Welcome! :thumb:

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Welcome. Are you aware of the hidden text by Joe Quesada on the cover of Ninjak #2? :devil:

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

Welcome! :thumb:
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Welcome! :high-five:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Neat story. welcome. I was never a big fan of Ninjak, but it's cool that the character led to you discovering Valiant.

Ninjak
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Mark Moretti
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by Ninjak »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Glad to be part of the team!
iggy101us wrote:Welcome. Are you aware of the hidden text by Joe Quesada on the cover of Ninjak #2? :devil:
No, I wasn't aware of this. Awesome!
Daniel Jackson wrote:Neat story. welcome. I was never a big fan of Ninjak, but it's cool that the character led to you discovering Valiant.
A lot of people who are Valiant fanboys seem to share the same opinion. I think the simplicity of the character draws me in. He's a Batman knock-off, but he's simply a Ninja and nothing overly complicated. The 2nd Volume by Acclaim looks aweful though.

I'm really hoping this Bloodshot movie turns out well enough to start producing other Valiant movies, including Ninjak which was supposed to have happened.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Ninjak wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Glad to be part of the team!
iggy101us wrote:Welcome. Are you aware of the hidden text by Joe Quesada on the cover of Ninjak #2? :devil:
No, I wasn't aware of this. Awesome!
Daniel Jackson wrote:Neat story. welcome. I was never a big fan of Ninjak, but it's cool that the character led to you discovering Valiant.
A lot of people who are Valiant fanboys seem to share the same opinion. I think the simplicity of the character draws me in. He's a Batman knock-off, but he's simply a Ninja and nothing overly complicated. The 2nd Volume by Acclaim looks aweful though.
Acclaim's version was terrible. They really took the book into the pits with that incarnation. The only saving grace was the take they had on Colin King and making him more of a James Bond type super spy. Other than that, blech....

bobby97801
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: X-O Manowar

Post by bobby97801 »

Welcome :thumb:

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

Welcome, Ninjak! :)

Mkb28

greatbrandino11
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek (Sting)
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by greatbrandino11 »

"I know this is going to sound like a crazy fantasy but every word of this story is true. A few weeks ago my girlfriend happened to mention to me how attractive our new neighbor Linda was...well of course I noticed it too with those ample breasts and those pouty lips. I don't have to tell you she was a knock out."

Welcome to the boards!

:thumb:
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."