Back Again and Loving It.

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: Back Again and Loving It.

Post by lorddunlow »

rmull wrote:
BloodShot wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
BloodShot wrote:
rmull wrote:I continued to collect all Valiant and nothing but Valiant till the end came with Acclaim and how they just destroyed the books and characters I loved so much.

So I quit collecting. After buying and reading every issue of every book in Series 1. It was over. I never bought another comic again...
Perfectly put, and how so many of us felt at that very same time :mad: . Some MUCH more p!ssed off about it than others, but I digress :roll: .

But aren't you glad you walked into your LCS's shop that day back in 2012 8-) ? We're all just as stoked as you, and glad to see that you're back in the fold; welcome to the boards :wink: .

And stop talkin' ta' dunlow; that cat ain't nuthin' but trouble, yo' :bigeyes: !

:hi: 'sup, Josh!
:hi:

I will make sure to warn rmull about your pheromones when the time comes... :P
Fair enough 8-) .

OK, this just got weird. facepalm
:lol:
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

Welcome to the boards! :clap:

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

Welcome aboard! :thumb:
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.

rmull
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO
Favorite title: XO
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by rmull »

Thanks a bunch for the welcomes, guys......gals? When talk of pheromones begins, who really knows?

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

rmull wrote:Thanks a bunch for the welcomes, guys......gals? When talk of pheromones begins, who really knows?
:lol:

Am I gonna have to be the one to ask if you've stumbled across any discussions about pube collections yet? :wink:

In any case, welcome to the board - it's a fantastic community of fans in general, & Valiant in particular, both old & new. Very cool that you were such a nut for the original books... I didn't last quite that long with them, myself. I'm having fun going back & picking away at collecting some of the stuff I missed after the mid-nineties or so.

And generally loving everything about the new Valiant 2.0 :thumb: :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rmull
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO
Favorite title: XO
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by rmull »

Thanks a lot for the welcome, Josh. I'm in a bit of the same situation with the Acclaim and Dark Horse books as I'm picking away at those to have some comparisons. How can you not get excited about these characters?

Checked out your sketches and WOW! Those are really nice. You're very talented.

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

rmull wrote:Thanks a lot for the welcome, Josh. I'm in a bit of the same situation with the Acclaim and Dark Horse books as I'm picking away at those to have some comparisons. How can you not get excited about these characters?

Checked out your sketches and WOW! Those are really nice. You're very talented.
Thanks very much!

I just got four pieces into an art gallery show (started yesterday) that is featuring comic-related artwork - I really wanted to include a piece with Valiant characters but none of the fan art sketches I've done quite made the final four cut.

As to the Acclaim & Dark horse books, I've barely dabbled in those ones yet - started working on Bloodshot volume 2 as it looked like the best of the Acclaim era relaunched books, and I did buy a couple issues of the Dark Horse Magnus but it didn't hook me. Still lots of gaps in my VH1 collection to fill in :)
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;