My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: Free Comic Book Day 2014
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine
Re: New Valiant Convert

Post by wwise03 »

Thank y'all for the reception! I am not currently reading Revival, but I have considered it in the past. What am I missing by not reading that?

I have officially begun my Valiant journey, having read the first two issues of X-O Manowar and Harbinger and the first issue of Bloodshot. Simply put, I LOVE them all!! Just amazing character-driven work. I'm excited to continue reading on!!

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

wwise03 wrote:Thank y'all for the reception! I am not currently reading Revival, but I have considered it in the past. What am I missing by not reading that?

I have officially begun my Valiant journey, having read the first two issues of X-O Manowar and Harbinger and the first issue of Bloodshot. Simply put, I LOVE them all!! Just amazing character-driven work. I'm excited to continue reading on!!
Revival = awesome. Great art, great mystery/horror story. Definitely in my top 5 books on my pull.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

lorddunlow wrote:
wwise03 wrote:Thank y'all for the reception! I am not currently reading Revival, but I have considered it in the past. What am I missing by not reading that?

Revival = awesome. Great art, great mystery/horror story. Definitely in my top 5 books on my pull.
+1 on Revival, it's really good.

The basic premise (no spoilers) is that one day all the dead return to life in an isolated town & surrounding area. Not as zombies but fully restored to life, and those affected can't die. No one knows how it happened but the event makes international news. Some see it as a sign from god & some see it as a means to turn a profit. The town is under quarantine, and the story revolves around the police trying to keep the situation under control, while uncovering the mystery surrounding the event. It reads like a really well scripted TV crime-noir horror story.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

:thumb:
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

BloodShot
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS
New Valiant Convert

Post by BloodShot »

Welcome aboard, counselor :wink: .

Glad you're enjoying the VEI Universe so much, but don't forget to check out the glory of the original V1 Universe, as well 8-) .
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

Welcome wwise03! :clap: It's good to see new fans joining. I was a big fan of the original Valiant Universe in the 90's and got out of comics just before they went downhill. I came back into collecting about a year before they returned to publishing. I have thoroughly enjoyed the relaunch. The CEO is a huge Valiant fan and a member of this website. The company is in good hands with the crew running the company.

I have enjoyed most all the titles, but Q&W (just not my thing) and Shadowman. The original Shadowman was so good! I wish Bob Hall would return. I buy the current series, but I don't enjoy it much. Issue #0 and also issue #10 are phenomenal though, particularly issue #0.

You'll find this is a great community that is very accepting with a lot of joking around between members.

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

Welcome!

I highly recommend reading each series as an arc. I have found that reading them that way brings everything together and makes the books exceedingly better, even issues that I would have disliked individually become a welcome part of an enjoyable whole.

Looking forward to your views on all the series! So far I personally think Archer and Armstrong and X-O have completely knocked it out of the park, but everything has been good in my opinion.. though I will admit.. I have not really read Shadowman yet.

That is primarily due to being such a fan of the original though and the modern VEI one has ties more to the second incarnation which I still haven't read completely. :oops:
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

wwise03

Post by wwise03 »

Thanks Aram! I actually have decided to go through an arc at a time after getting a little overwhelmed reading them in publication order.

So I started over and read X-O Manowar 1-4, now I'm reading Harbinger 1-5 (currently on issue 3), then I will read Bloodshot 1-4, and Archer 1-4. I intend to do this until Harbinger Wars, then I may read in date order.

wwise03

Post by wwise03 »

I just read Harbinger 1 (having read every issue published before Harbinger Wars). I am so in love with this universe!

doodlebird
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger / A & A
Favorite writer: was Shooter
Favorite artist: Lapham, Starlin, Henry, and...

Post by doodlebird »

Welcome, and I agree with others that Archer & Armstrong is a can't miss title :thumb:
read me, HC/TPB me; sign me, sketch me, slab me.
S.SAHLE

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Great story! Glad you've moved on to Valiant! :thumb:
Multum In Parvo