How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Man Of The Atom
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite artist: Ramon Villalobos
Re: My Newb Valiant Story!

Post by Man Of The Atom »

Welcome to the board! I am glad you are liking all of the Valiant books. I think Shadowman's story will eventually cross into or collide with some of the others.

GammaJosh
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Barry Kitson

Post by GammaJosh »

I am *really* looking forward to Shadowman crossing paths with some other members of the Valiant Universe!

Oh, and welcome, Jamie!

coachjamie
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 2013

Post by coachjamie »

I appreciate all the welcomes! Definitely enjoying the board so far. Trying to learn everything I can about the characters and stuff. Trying my best to get all the back issues. It is hurting my wallet big time, lol. I will eventually get there though.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

coachjamie wrote:I appreciate all the welcomes! Definitely enjoying the board so far. Trying to learn everything I can about the characters and stuff. Trying my best to get all the back issues. It is hurting my wallet big time, lol. I will eventually get there though.
Also, welcome to the "hurt wallet" club. We're all members. It quickly progresses to the disgruntled wife club.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

lorddunlow wrote:Also, welcome to the "hurt wallet" club. We're all members. It quickly progresses to the disgruntled wife club.
You know, I was going to drop $200 on a graded book the other day, but decided to back off and be responsible. Then my wife asked me for $200 so she could pay to get 3 freckles lightened at some skin clinic. From now on, I'm following my heart, and my heart will likely say BUY THE DAMN COMIC!

Peter
Favorite character: Gilad Anni-Padda
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by Peter »

Hello & welcome Jamie :)

The only advice I could possibly give, is buy what you enjoy reading.

I know this may sound funny but try many titles, but stick with what you enjoy.

I am really enjoying Valiant as well, much to the detriment of my pull list from other comic companies. I get all the Valiant titles and their different covers but for Quantum and Woody, though am up to date with them.

You are so right about hurting your wallet, it is like an addiction sometimes :D

Cheers and I hope you enjoy your reading :)

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

DirtbagSailor wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:Also, welcome to the "hurt wallet" club. We're all members. It quickly progresses to the disgruntled wife club.
You know, I was going to drop $200 on a graded book the other day, but decided to back off and be responsible. Then my wife asked me for $200 so she could pay to get 3 freckles lightened at some skin clinic. From now on, I'm following my heart, and my heart will likely say BUY THE DAMN COMIC!
:lol:

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

GammaJosh wrote:I am *really* looking forward to Shadowman crossing paths with some other members of the Valiant Universe!

Oh, and welcome, Jamie!
Eternal Warrior seems like a no-brainer to cross-over with at this point. Archer & Armstrong could work too, or a run-in with the renegades in New Orleans!
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

BugsySig wrote:
GammaJosh wrote:I am *really* looking forward to Shadowman crossing paths with some other members of the Valiant Universe!

Oh, and welcome, Jamie!
Eternal Warrior seems like a no-brainer to cross-over with at this point. Archer & Armstrong could work too, or a run-in with the renegades in New Orleans!
Or Aric could have a meeting with Harada in a club in New Orleans while Jack is playing his sax in the background...

Man Of The Atom
Favorite artist: Ramon Villalobos

Post by Man Of The Atom »

lorddunlow wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

Oh, and welcome, Jamie!
Or Aric could have a meeting with Harada in a club in New Orleans while Jack is playing his sax in the background...
:funnypost:

BugsySig
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

lorddunlow wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

Oh, and welcome, Jamie!
That sounds dirty.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

coachjamie
Valiant fan since: 2013

Post by coachjamie »

I now have all Valiant titles except Eternal Warrior on my pull list. I will probably give in and add it by the time the new one comes out next week. Not hearing it from my wife just yet, but it is proabbly coming,lol. I just ordered one of the Unity #1 USA Luge edition for $20 plus $5 for shipping. I will see what she says about that one before I attempt any more like that, lol.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

A belated welcome to you - really cool story, man. :thumb:

I love hearing about someone close to my age jumping into comics for the very first time, thats amazing. Usually reading comics is the kind of thing people do as kids and then stay with into maturity. Comics have been an experience meant to be enjoyed by people of all ages for a very long time now, but there is still a perception in general that they're only for kids, and that is a tough barrier to break down.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;