My Valiant story...

How did you become a VALIANT collector?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

obijuan
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: Rai 0
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Patrick Zircher
Re: My Valiant story...

Post by obijuan »

Daniel Jackson wrote:Welcome.
Thanks

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Welcome, welcome! Enjoy your stay :D
obijuan wrote:My dad would buy me an issue every now and then from the local grocery store. A Star Wars issue here, a Spiderman issue there. Then, OMG, GI JOE entered my life. That was the first time I had consecutive issues of a title. I was so cool or at least I thought I was.
I very similar tale to my own - supplied by my father until I was old enough to go out on my own a bit. I used to go to the nearest convenience stores with my cousin every Saturday, allowance money in hand, and we would fight over who got what comic :lol:

If one of us already had an issue, and particularly if we had the previous issue, it was a trump card to end the argument. I can specifically remember buying Strikeforce: Morituri #4 because I already had #3. The arguments settled down once we discovered an actual comic shop & we could finally both get anything we wanted.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing. :)

:thumb:
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

obijuan
Valiant fan since: Rai 0
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Patrick Zircher

Post by obijuan »

grendeljd wrote:Welcome, welcome! Enjoy your stay :D
obijuan wrote:My dad would buy me an issue every now and then from the local grocery store. A Star Wars issue here, a Spiderman issue there. Then, OMG, GI JOE entered my life. That was the first time I had consecutive issues of a title. I was so cool or at least I thought I was.
I very similar tale to my own - supplied by my father until I was old enough to go out on my own a bit. I used to go to the nearest convenience stores with my cousin every Saturday, allowance money in hand, and we would fight over who got what comic :lol:

If one of us already had an issue, and particularly if we had the previous issue, it was a trump card to end the argument. I can specifically remember buying Strikeforce: Morituri #4 because I already had #3. The arguments settled down once we discovered an actual comic shop & we could finally both get anything we wanted.
I remember when I first entered a comic book store...I was home. It felt like I wasn't alone any more. Just like with this site. I can talk with people about the books I really enjoy.

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

obijuan wrote:
grendeljd wrote:Welcome, welcome! Enjoy your stay :D

I remember when I first entered a comic book store...I was home. It felt like I wasn't alone any more. Just like with this site. I can talk with people about the books I really enjoy.
T'is a great place here :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

Welcome! :clap: