The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall
My Valiant Hallucination Story

Post by Heath »

Back during my early college days, I was home from school one summer and became very very sick. The main symptom was a very high fever. My mom is of the mind that you have to "sweat" out a fever. I've since learned better, but there I was, laying in bed, very high fever, burried under a pile of blankets, in the middle of summer, in a house my mother likes to keep above 85 degrees.

In my fevered state, I had a halucination that robots were tending to me. They were standing around my bed, acting very worried, buzzing amongst themselves discussing my condition. I was dehydrated, very thirsty, and I just wanted one of these darned robots to bring me a glass of water. But they wouldn't leave my bed side. I snapped myself out of the delusion sitting in my bed pointing at the bedroom door and shouting "I COMMAND you to bring me some water!!"

I've told that story to people several times before. But what I haven't told anyone to this date is that the robots in my hallucination were North Am robs from Magnus Robot Fighter. There were various types of robots, but I distinctly remember the "waiter" type robots wearing tuxedos and carrying serving trays (empty of course).

This wasn't long after I had discovered Valiant and I'm pretty sure I was reading Magnus back issues around that time. Obviously they made an impression on me.
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
Re: My VALIANT Hallucination Story

Post by Elveen »

Heath wrote:Back during my early college days, I was home from school one summer and became very very sick. The main symptom was a very high fever. My mom is of the mind that you have to "sweat" out a fever. I've since learned better, but there I was, laying in bed, very high fever, burried under a pile of blankets, in the middle of summer, in a house my mother likes to keep above 85 degrees.

In my fevered state, I had a halucination that robots were tending to me. They were standing around my bed, acting very worried, buzzing amongst themselves discussing my condition. I was dehydrated, very thirsty, and I just wanted one of these darned robots to bring me a glass of water. But they wouldn't leave my bed side. I snapped myself out of the delusion sitting in my bed pointing at the bedroom door and shouting "I COMMAND you to bring me some water!!"

I've told that story to people several times before. But what I haven't told anyone to this date is that the robots in my hallucination were North Am robs from Magnus Robot Fighter. There were various types of robots, but I distinctly remember the "waiter" type robots wearing tuxedos and carrying serving trays (empty of course).

This wasn't long after I had discovered VALIANT and I'm pretty sure I was reading Magnus back issues around that time. Obviously they made an impression on me.
... or there was real robots in your room... :o

speedracex
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by speedracex »

hmmmm :hm:

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

I got nothing for this one.

-slym ( :thumb: )
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

As long as H8 isn't bringing you the water....

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Heath wrote:Back during my early college days, I was home from school one summer and became very very sick. The main symptom was a very high fever. My mom is of the mind that you have to "sweat" out a fever. I've since learned better, but there I was, laying in bed, very high fever, burried under a pile of blankets, in the middle of summer, in a house my mother likes to keep above 85 degrees.

This wasn't long after I had discovered VALIANT and I'm pretty sure I was reading Magnus back issues around that time. Obviously they made an impression on me.
Acid is a hell of a drug.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

jedimarley wrote:

Yeah, just ask Hobo.

Second_Death
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Second_Death »

Did any of the robots look like Elizabeth Hurley? :D

Heath

Post by Heath »

Second_Death wrote:Did any of the robots look like Elizabeth Hurley? :D
I wish! But no, they were typical robs from Magnus. Tin can bodies, dryer hose arms and legs, big letter/number designations on their chests...
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Heath wrote:
Second_Death wrote:Did any of the robots look like Elizabeth Hurley? :D
I wish! But no, they were typical robs from Magnus. Tin can bodies, dryer hose arms and legs, big letter/number designations on their chests...
All robots should have number designations. And they should all have chests. It should be law.

tarheelmarine
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore

Post by tarheelmarine »

jedimarley wrote:

Wow, couldn't have said it better myself. :twisted:

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes

Post by siren3-4 »

I can't believe I missed this !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's so great !!!

(I got a picture of a little steve austin . .*SQUEE* and yelling . .with little spit drops flying out of his mouth . . .)

Heath

Post by Heath »

siren3-4 wrote:I can't believe I missed this !!!

That's so great !!!

(I got a picture of a little steve austin . .*SQUEE* and yelling . .with little spit drops flying out of his mouth . . .)
That was way back before my "Stone Cold" look. I had really long hair, wore all black & denim, and everyone always told me "You look like that guy from Metallica." Of course, that was when James Hetfield had hair too...

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Heath wrote:

That's so great !!!

That was way back before my "Stone Cold" look. I had really long hair, wore all black & denim, and everyone always told me "You look like that guy from Metallica." Of course, that was when James Hetfield had hair too...

The Rattlesnake and Metallica.... :o

all I can say is.....
Image!!!!!!!!!!

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

Heath wrote:

That's so great !!!

. . . I notice you didn't correct me about the spit drops . . . :twisted:

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Aw, Heath my man, you couldn't at least fever dream about Tekla? 8-)

siren3-4

Post by siren3-4 »

xodacia81 wrote:Aw, Heath my man, you couldn't at least fever dream about Tekla? 8-)

. . . fever dream . . . :?

Rufusharley
donkey-shorts!..uhh i mean..danke schön!
donkey-shorts!..uhh i mean..danke schön!

Post by Rufusharley »

siren3-4 wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:Aw, Heath my man, you couldn't at least fever dream about Tekla? 8-)

"i've got a fever...and the only cure...is more robots!"

whovianone
...it hurts so much ...my brain hurts!
...it hurts so much ...my brain hurts!

Post by whovianone »

Rufusharley wrote:
siren3-4 wrote:

Yeah, I hear ya.... but couldn't at least one of those robots look like Elizabeth Hurley?

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

I was never a big a Liz Hurley fan. Prob because of her lips. Much like with Jolie.

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Heath wrote:

That's so great !!!

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Egads man, don't let Chiclo see that pic...or are you hoping?

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Rufusharley wrote:
siren3-4 wrote:

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

I can never see that guy without thinking "and now, son, I give the watch...to you"

X-O HoboJoe
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

xodacia81 wrote:I can never see that guy without thinking "and now, son, I give the watch...to you"
"I kept this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my *SQUEE* for 8 years."