Impact Comics Fandom

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Impact Comics Fandom

Post by IMJ »

The Impact Comics imprint from DC left me with a lot of fond memories of simple stories, fun art work and colorful characters from my earlier days of collecting comics. Over the years I built the entire Impact Universe - not incredibly hard to do, but recently I've become interested in the roots of those I.P.'s.

Impact was licensed from Archie's Red Circle characters. My first favorite Impact character, the Comet, made his first appearances in Pep Comics #1 which is a book that commonly pops up in all-time most influential and all-time most sought after lists outside of "speculator" circles. It's a solid book, but it's pricey and I'm not prepared to buy one anytime soon. I did however, manage to find a great deal on this one though, which is the first appearance of the Fly, my second favorite character from the Impact line. These are huge sleeper books right now. I could've dug in and gone for a much higher grade copy, but this was one of those, "I found it, it's cheap as hell, I'm grabbing it" buys.

Really glad to have this one, purely for the fun of it.

The Double Life Of Private Strong | Archie Comics (06/1959)
1st app of The Fly | CGC 4.5 - Cream To Off-White Pages

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: Impact Comics Fandom

Post by possumgrease »

That’s a great pick up. I always loved the Fly relaunch from the 90s